Red Spies in the White House: An Alternate Cold War

Deleted member 191087

Hey Ulysses, just wanted to say that I love the fic you’ve written here and I dread for what’s to come for America.

Edit: Since this timeline’s is going to take a decidedly anti-semitic flavour to it, I wonder if we are going to hear a bit from Henry Ford (if he lived past 47’) and also this little obscure firebrand actor.

Last edited by a moderator:

kucslics

Banned
The answer is yes, damned yes, the same reason why people like Molotov, his wife and all the old bolshevick even after being sent to the Gulag and Stalin was dead, think of him of a genius...because they have gone too far, done too much and be too deep in the system to think otherwise...for this reason Krushev secret talk was so epocal, so game changing, it was like saying that Jesus was a fucking jerk that faked his miracles while trying to get people in paradise.
For a lot of them, communism at this stage is more akin to a secular religion than a political ideology.
Sure there were exception, but many of them are no more in the realm of the living or of the political relevant and they are very very prone to be ostracizated if the occasion arise.

Because the random poster know his history and that is the most realistic way Il migliore will have behaved in this scenario; sure in this Timeline we have the President of the USA act like a soviet viceroy without any real check and balance so almost anything can happen. Sorry but if Togliatti suddenly die and Longo or another moderate take control of the party after a serious struggle, well a PCI that try to mantain a certain distance from Moscow and be independent, is credible but with the current leadership? Nope
I mean, it's pretty easy to see Stalin as a secular reincarnation of Christ for communists in this TL.
He managed to transform a backwards Soviet Union into a relatively developed country and spread communism through the entire Eurasia (including Italy, France, Japan, Korea and China) and managed to install his puppet as American President.

I really think you will enjoy it. It demonstrates the brief period of hope between 91-2001, when Yeltsin, for all his faults and boozing genially wanted harmony between Russia and the west.