Red Dawn artwork thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from this thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=124063. I hopping that this will be the place to keep all the artwork from the Red Dawn TL in one place. I'm going to kick things off with RAF profiles and a captured Su-24; with thanks to Mark Jones and John 'Maverick' Lacey.

F4EUSUK.jpg

19sqnEAP.jpg

lancer617.jpg

35 Squadron Vulcan B.2

35sqnvulcan2.gif

Su-24.

Su-2401.jpg

Su-24BillSlim.jpg

Anybody got any more?

"Green 43"
A B-52 built up from airframe parts recovered from aircraft downed during WW-3, and parts recovered from overan AF bases. never known to have been flown and acording to some reports.

Recently rediscovered at remote airbace in the fomer Soviet Union.

Has been anounced it is to be recovered and placed on display at the new National Air and Space Museum.

B-52 (7).gif

Map showing the high watermark of the Soviet invasion. There are a few minor inaccuracies, such as how far west the Soviets got in Canada, but it gives the general idea.

RedDawnMap2.png

Another one: a C-130 used as an improvised bomber; just roll bombs or artillery shells on pallets out the ramp.....Done on several occasions in the early days of the war.

Red Dawn C-130 bomber.jpg

Here's an F-4E, near and dear to my heart. A/C #73-0512, "my" plane for most of the war. Not that I flew it every day, but my name and my WSO's were on it. It became the CO's bird once I took over the squadron, but this is the paint scheme she wore at the first Victory Day air show at Scott AFB.

Red Dawn F-4 1.jpg

OOC & IC post

Here's an F-4E, near and dear to my heart. A/C #73-0512, "my" plane for most of the war. Not that I flew it every day, but my name and my WSO's were on it. It became the CO's bird once I took over the squadron, but this is the paint scheme she wore at the first Victory Day air show at Scott AFB.

Matt, she looks good in 1/32'nd scale and i paid a buddy of mine to custom paint the markings!:cool:

OOC: i am looking for a pic to back this up.

She's still a beauty, Matt.

She sure is: If you want to see her, she's at the Castle AFB Museum. Those 12 kills are the ones I had credited at the end of the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.