RAF bomb Germany into surrender

Wotcher,

The RAF had a hysterically failed conception of how warfare would occur in a strategic sense, and thus over-committed to bombing campaigns. These campaigns depleted RAF and allied forces dramatically without achieving any real political effect on the German state.

But what if the RAF had correctly targetted their actions and forced the BRD into surrender as a result of precision strikes on critical targets. What if the Red Army Front had bombed the Bundesrepublik Deutschland into a point where it surrendered.

Relying on allied factions such as the left social democrat (radical) or anarchist BRD student and young workers isn't sufficient. This is about RAF strategy.

yours,
Sam R.
(Yes I did do this on soc.history.what-if but I can't find the post).

Nebogipfel

Monthly Donor
Wotcher,

The RAF had a hysterically failed conception of how warfare would occur in a strategic sense, and thus over-committed to bombing campaigns. These campaigns depleted RAF and allied forces dramatically without achieving any real political effect on the German state.

But what if the RAF had correctly targetted their actions and forced the BRD into surrender as a result of precision strikes on critical targets. What if the Red Army Front had bombed the Bundesrepublik Deutschland into a point where it surrendered.

Relying on allied factions such as the left social democrat (radical) or anarchist BRD student and young workers isn't sufficient. This is about RAF strategy.

yours,
Sam R.
(Yes I did do this on soc.history.what-if but I can't find the post).
How? I mean even with open support of radical students etc. they not even had the snowball in hell chance. What were those 'critical targets'? Politicans - same reaction, even more so. Infrastructure - I strongly doubt they had the manpower to do real damage. And regardless whatever they do - the last thing would be people surrender - why should they. You would get a much stronger reaction, with massive popular support. Also: the support outside of leftist academic and student circles was minimal. And if there was a group that *massively* despised RAF et al. it was the workers class, believe me, I am old enough to remember. Leftist terrorists were absolutely hated by their target group. So again, complete ASB.

What are we actually talking about here? The Bundesrepublik Deutschland? Huh? That was only formed in 1949

What are we actually talking about here? The Bundesrepublik Deutschland? Huh? That was only formed in 1949
RAF here is the Red Army Faction, as in the Baader-Meinhof terrorists, whose target was indeed the West German state, not the Royal Air Force. OP is trying to be witty for our benefit with a title designed to pique AH.com interest.

Garrison

Donor
Wotcher,

Okay scratch that, turns out I completely misread your post, though what you are actually proposing seems even less plausible than the other RAF winning WWII by themselves.

But to put this into perspective, it is about as likely as Timothy McVeigh taking over the US, Anders Breivik taking over Norway or the Japanese Red Army taking over Japan .