Q-Bam Borderpool Improvement and Core Thread

Added the borders of poland-lithuania (1648) and added belarus, the baltics, karelia and the donbass.
upload_2018-10-21_13-25-54.png

Added the borders of poland-lithuania (1648) and added belarus, the baltics, karelia and the donbass.
Could you paint borders within the same colour as grey? They'll be less confusing and won't overlap with existing ones.

Could you paint borders within the same colour as grey? They'll be less confusing and won't overlap with existing ones.
better?
upload_2018-10-21_15-27-22.png

Also why are some borders painted the same color as coastlines even though they aren't rivers? (eg: southern slovakia)

Congo pedicle (aswell as Katanga self declared state), Galmudug, Litoral (Bolivia) and some bantustans need to be added. Uganda needs a small revision.
I'll do them

I have a problem regarding the northern border of greater Texas:
upload_2018-10-22_19-2-39.png

This section of the border should reach the Arkansas river but after overlaying a river map i saw that it didn't reach it. The Arkansas river does not go as far south as the old map would lead you to believe.(from here on out there's just more proof if you're still not convinced) I used google maps to find that the eastern border of Texas's northern panhandle (if continued north until the Arkansas river) would reach the Arkansas at Dodge city. After finding Dodge city on a county map of Kansas i overlayed a map with secondary subdivisions over the borderpool map and drew out the Ford and Clark counties (Ford county is where dodge city is) and the "corner" of the panhandle of greater Texas is in the middle of ford county just like Dodge city which is where it should be.
Corrected map:
upload_2018-10-22_19-20-43.png

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 416085
Since I've been working on the 1942 map, I've come across an issue with the middle east border at the time. It's based on this https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DWQUtaTi7is/Tzg5Aql8ufI/AAAAAAAAOdc/TGtiuTifjoY/s1600/iraq1991.gif
But I don't know how close to home it hits when it comes to accuracy.

This map might be useful if you want to add the administrative divisions of Iraq in 1942.

http://maps.library.utoronto.ca/datapub/digital/G_7611_F7_4500_1943.jpg

• South Kasai plus Free Republic of the Congo disputes during the Congo Crisis (and Congo Pedicle)
  • Galmudug (plus its and Puntland's disputes)
  • Old territories of Bolivia
  • Bantustan corrections
  • Switzerland was colored badly so I corrected it
  • Better Northern Transylvania
  • Former borders of Uganda and Kenya
Borderpool_patches_1.png

Last edited:
Made a quick patch to add the former border between Northwest Territory and Indiana Territory, I hope it's accurate enough, if not feel free to fix it.

edit: accidentally removed some small lakes, fixed them now

edit 2: added a small border in the Upper Peninsula that separated Illinois Terr. from Indiana Terr.

indiana territory patch.png

Last edited:
Hey so I fixed all of Europe's borders, added your patches, fixed coastlines to match them with the official Q-BAM and did India by myself. Check the link on the first message of the thread.