Prince Waldemar of Prussia made King of Nepal in 1845

According to The Life of Maharaja Junga Bahadur Rana G.C.B, G.C.S.I, of Nepal by Padma Junga Bahadur Rana, the political situation in Nepal post-1840 was getting so fractious and disastrous that when in 1844 This Prince of Prussia was secretly asked to become King of Nepal deposing the Shah Dynasty which was a pale shadow of its former self. Prince Waldemar was approached by aorund half of the privy council and asked to take up the throne. Waldemar agreed to do so, but only if their scheme worked, and that he maintained his Lutheranism as his own religion (the councillors intended to spin it off as the lutheran king being a compromise between the buddhist, hindu and muslim population of the country), however Waldemar backed out of the scheme after he struck up a good relationship with Mathabar Singh Thapa, the PM of Nepal at the time. Let's say he doesn't and backs the plan throughout and a coup in 1845 ousts Thapa and the Shah Dynasty and Waldemar is on the throne of Nepal. Let's say for the purpose of the thread, he marries a local noblewoman and has a child before dying sometime ~1855 - ~1860.

What would be effects of a Christian Dynasty in Asia in a very much brooke-in-sarawak like scenario that this is?

Calling in @Madhukar_Shah, @Brahman and @Food-Oh_Koon

He can become the King of Nepal, Infact British might even help him as they might see his Nepal being friendly to British, but can he actually convert any significant population to Christianity ? and would Nepal and Nepalis even tolerate that ?, this was after the Anglo Nepali wars, after which Nepali Identity became solid and tied to Hinduism and Buddhism

He can become the King of Nepal, Infact British might even help him as they might see his Nepal being friendly to British, but can he actually convert any significant population to Christianity ? and would Nepal and Nepalis even tolerate that ?, this was after the Anglo Nepali wars, after which Nepali Identity became solid and tied to Hinduism and Buddhism
he wasn't going to convert anyone. He was the one who was going to remain Christian himself. the Councillors were going to spin it off as a compromise between the hindu, muslim and buddhist sects of nepal.

he wasn't going to convert anyone. He was the one who was going to remain Christian himself. the Councillors were going to spin it off as a compromise between the hindu, muslim and buddhist sects of nepal.
But at this point, Hinduism was the largest religion in Nepal, with Buddhism somewhat being there and Islam being minuscule, Hindus would have no need to compromise

Back to topic, I think he would modernize the nation much faster and leads to much stronger Nepal

But at this point, Hinduism was the largest religion in Nepal, with Buddhism somewhat being there and Islam being minuscule, Hindus would have no need to compromise

Back to topic, I think he would modernize the nation much faster and leads to much stronger Nepal
Not exactly. Nepal became overwhelmingly hindu only under the Ranas who suppressed the Buddhists and Muslims of Nepal, more specifically by expelling the Tibetans of Kathmandu and Pokhara and expelling the Kashmiris of Kathmandu and Jhapa. Around this time, Nepal was ~65% Hindu, 25% Buddhist and 10% Muslim. By 1900 due to state suppression of the latter two, it had become 85% Hindu, 13% Buddhist and 2% Muslim.

Not exactly. Nepal became overwhelmingly hindu only under the Ranas who suppressed the Buddhists and Muslims of Nepal, more specifically by expelling the Tibetans of Kathmandu and Pokhara and expelling the Kashmiris of Kathmandu and Jhapa. Around this time, Nepal was ~65% Hindu, 25% Buddhist and 10% Muslim. By 1900 due to state suppression of the latter two, it had become 85% Hindu, 13% Buddhist and 2% Muslim.
In that case, What religion would the monarchy and his family follow ? And would they even try to convert anyone ?

In that case, What religion would the monarchy and his family follow ? And would they even try to convert anyone ?
Waldemar said that he would remain Lutheran whilst any potential child of his would be Hindu. So conversion is very unlikely if at all.

Maybe it will be like the situation in sarawak where you have a european ruler in a majority non european country though the major question is what side will nepas choose in ww1 and ww2?

I think it’s likely it’ll go about as well as Prince Wilhelm of Albania.
the situation between albania and Nepal at this time period is decisively different though.
Maybe it will be like the situation in sarawak where you have a european ruler in a majority non european country though the major question is what side will nepas choose in ww1 and ww2?
That is the scenario i am more or less positing. However consider Waldemar agreed to marry a Nepali Noblewoman and have his children be of the Hindu faith, i think it would be more fair to say that the ruling Dynasty would be of European origins rather than European itself, considering by marrying Nepali nobles, other than the hohenzollern name, they would be overwhelmingly nepali by heritage, genes and parentage.

the situation between albania and Nepal at this time period is decisively different though.

That is the scenario i am more or less positing. However consider Waldemar agreed to marry a Nepali Noblewoman and have his children be of the Hindu faith, i think it would be more fair to say that the ruling Dynasty would be of European origins rather than European itself, considering by marrying Nepali nobles, other than the hohenzollern name, they would be overwhelmingly nepali by heritage, genes and parentage.
There is that though will he bring prussian noble and servicemen with him to nepal to act as minister or army general? Cause if let say that happen nepal would be very militerised perhaps like chilean army today (which makes it quite easy to provoke into a war with another nation like bhutan or perhaps even tibet)

There is that though will he bring prussian noble and servicemen with him to nepal to act as minister or army general? Cause if let say that happen nepal would be very militerised perhaps like chilean army today (which makes it quite easy to provoke into a war with another nation like bhutan or perhaps even tibet)
He probably would bring Prussian servicemen with him. Though honestly Nepal was already extremely highly militarized during this time having an army of 30,000 strong (around a third modern) for a country with ~1.8 million people.
I think it shares some likeness though, take in a foreign prince of a foreign religion for the purpose of "compromise", will likely lead to no parties being satisfied.
It was meant to be a temporary compromise, which is why all the factions in the Nepalese court agreed to it, unlike Albania. Waldemar pretty much ended the issue when he stated that his heir and child would be a hindu unlike Wilhelm of Albania who remained ambiguous on the Christian and Muslim issue.

He probably would bring Prussian servicemen with him. Though honestly Nepal was already extremely highly militarized during this time having an army of 30,000 strong (around a third modern) for a country with ~1.8 million people.

It was meant to be a temporary compromise, which is why all the factions in the Nepalese court agreed to it, unlike Albania. Waldemar pretty much ended the issue when he stated that his heir and child would be a hindu unlike Wilhelm of Albania who remained ambiguous on the Christian and Muslim issue.
Imagine that PLUS prussian stuff and man i bet if that really happened i bet the indian kings at the border would be scared

Imagine that PLUS prussian stuff and man i bet if that really happened i bet the indian kings at the border would be scared
Bhutan, Sikkim and Tibet, maybe, but other than that no. All other surrounding states were either British property or British Princely States. Nepal will not act against Britain during this time.

Yeah true any action against the british at this point would be suicidal but gettinv back to the topic what will be the reaction of the nepalese people having a white king and his decendant would be mixed? And also will the flag and anthem be changed to be more european esque? (Like what happened in greece when a bavarian king was crowned though only the anthem changed i think)

what will be the reaction of the nepalese people having a white king and his decendant would be mixed?
I would suspect mainly like the Brookes of Sarawak.
At first a Meh type of attitude. If Waldemar proves to be a competent monarch like the Brookes then the people won't have anything to say against him.
And also will the flag and anthem be changed to be more european esque? (Like what happened in greece when a bavarian king was crowned though only the anthem changed i think)
Waldemar was keen on keeping the flag as it was (he was enchanted by it apparently) but the royal anthem may have a more european tune to it.

Culturally too i wonder what will ends up being the nepalese culture ittl with the obvious european influence pouring in into the country?

Culturally too i wonder what will ends up being the nepalese culture ittl with the obvious european influence pouring in into the country?
Obviously nepal won't stay shut off from the rest of the world like it did from 1846 - 1951. So i suspect Prussian militarism may be mixed in with generic Nepalese militarism and British and German influence may mix itself with nepalese culture like it did in the chinese capitulation cities

it would be quiet fun to write a timeline based on this, however i find that in this site, small obscure nations and their associated TLs which largely focus on country building rather than plain war don't get a lot of attention or views at all.