Post CP Victory: Fascist Britain?

In addition to any resentment of the Irish, I think there would be a strong revival of the "Wogs begin at Calais" attitude. The thinking would be that Britain had been betrayed by incompetent allies -- it was the failures of the French, Russians, & Italians that had led to this unfortunate development.

My first reaction was to say - NO

But then i thought a bit in depth.

If Germany wins in 1918 - it will win in France and once France surrenders Britian will not fight alone.

Even if it gets an honorable peace it will be a country in debt.

the CPs obviously will never have to pay reparations. So even if the Empire stays intact it will have monetary issues.

Germany had NO foreign debts in 1918, and it still got hyperinflation.

Germany will be free to pursue futute fllet expansion and even if we get a sort of Wasghington naval treeaty it will be the US and Germany that dictate the terms.

Britain will turn dirt poor and this will be blamed on someone

the ferench forbeing defeated?
the US for not helping enough?

The Empire will crumble

Japan will sneak up and take what it can
The Dominions (except maybe SA) will look to the US for protection.

This is the soil where extemism thrives.

By the 1930s (assumeing a crisis comes as OTL) Britain is ripe for revanchism...

The particular scenario I had in mind included the two blocs of Germany/Austria-Hungary/Japan/USSR (initially neutral, joins later)/USA (same) versus "Brittania" (UK plus reconquered Ireland)/Fascist France/Fascist Italy/Fascist Ottoman Empire (Britain kissed and made up with them for their oil, in exchange for militarization and support against the USSR)/Fascist-Nationalist Chinese Empire.

Flashpoints might be an out-of-control Spanish Civil War, or a Franco-British invasion of the Low Countries.

My first reaction was to say - NO

But then i thought a bit in depth.

If Germany wins in 1918 - it will win in France and once France surrenders Britian will not fight alone.

Even if it gets an honorable peace it will be a country in debt.

the CPs obviously will never have to pay reparations. So even if the Empire stays intact it will have monetary issues.

Germany had NO foreign debts in 1918, and it still got hyperinflation.

Germany will be free to pursue futute fllet expansion and even if we get a sort of Wasghington naval treeaty it will be the US and Germany that dictate the terms.

Britain will turn dirt poor and this will be blamed on someone

the ferench forbeing defeated?
the US for not helping enough?

The Empire will crumble

Japan will sneak up and take what it can
The Dominions (except maybe SA) will look to the US for protection.

This is the soil where extemism thrives.

By the 1930s (assumeing a crisis comes as OTL) Britain is ripe for revanchism...

This is how I think a Cp-victory world may end up (light gray=german puppets):
1925.gif

Notice how most of the world is pink, and how easily Britain can blockade CP-Europe. Britain has a massive industry and it can trade with most of the planet. Meanwhile Germany has to police most of Europe and is at the whims of British-imposed tarrifs for anything it wants to import from abroad.

I really don't see how Britain will go bankrupt. If anything, Germany will, especially if they go for a huge fleet as well...

1925.gif

Notice how most of the world is pink, and how easily Britain can blockade CP-Europe. Britain has a massive industry and it can trade with most of the planet. Meanwhile Germany has to police most of Europe and is at the whims of British-imposed tarrifs for anything it wants to import from abroad.

I really don't see how Britain will go bankrupt. If anything, Germany will, especially if they go for a huge fleet as well...
Oh really? How exactly can the British impose tariffs on German imports from say, the United States? By blockading them in peacetime?

View attachment 205053

France would not end up a German puppet.