Post ARW: Justice for the Loyalist

I was thinking on the American Revolutionary War and Canada, and something from my old history lessons came back to me.

After the treaty that ended the Revolutionary War, both the ex-colonies and Britain promptly broke parts of the treaty. Britain maintained forts on the western frontier and armed indians, while justifying it in part because the US hadn't paid back loyalists who had lost property during the revolution.

After the war, life wasn't good for many loyalists, as they faced state-accepted persecution and weren't paid for damages caused by revolutionaries seizing their property. In response, many promptly left the states and moved to Canada, where they served as both a loyal population for Britain and kept Canada semi-hostile towards the US for many years.

So what if the states hadn't persecuted the loyalists so, and had not allowed/participated persecution blantantly, but also paid back the loyalists? What could be the changes?

Might more loyalists stay in the US where it was bad/inconveniant but not intolerable, rather than uproot their lives and move to Canada? That would both increase US population (and presumembly the future children would be loyal), and insert a whole new demographic into the US while denying it too Canada.

Admiting that I don't know Canada history in the least, would having fewer loyal anglos in Canada let it remain more "French", per say, and thus more likely to rebel/ assist the US in a future war of 1812 (American Revolution 2.0, with Canada included)?

Or would a significant pro-Britain element in the population help avoid the War of 1812? Or if there was still a war, would a New England with lingering loyalist sympathies be more inclined towards British troops during a hypothetical occupation?

What kind of affects can you spot from this little-explored PoD? Or can you spot a fatal flaw in this?

The flaw would be that the states gained large finances from selling the seized lands, if they take them back they will irritate their supporters who were the main beneficiaries and further annoy the general populace due to the increased taxes necessary to compensate the people who had bought the lands.

As for issues with Canada, many settled there for the cheap land and not loyalist sympathies and most of the rest resettled to Canada during ARW and simply never moved back.

Then there's also the issue of racial factors for the 10s of thous of blacks who threw their lot in with Britain during the ARW, & ended up in Canada or the West Indies- they wouldn't have wanted in a million yrs to go back to the warm embrace of their former (Patriot) masters- just as Sir Guy Carleton, during the British evacuation of NY in 1783, refused Washington's demand to return to their masters all former slaves fleeing with the British forces to Canada...

To be honest, I think the only way the Loyalists could avoid persecutory treatment by the new state governments is to either radically change the revolution, or have it fail... by the Treaty of Paris there's simply too much hatred and division.