Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Eh, I doubt that a Nicktoons RPG, even if made by Square, could be as impactful as Kingdom Hearts. My main gripe is that Nickelodeon as a whole is just not as popular globally compared to the US, so it's a massive gamble to take.

Eh, I doubt that a Nicktoons RPG, even if made by Square, could be as impactful as Kingdom Hearts. My main gripe is that Nickelodeon as a whole is just not as popular globally compared to the US, so it's a massive gamble to take.
The internet oversold the popularity of animation at times, Disney is an iconic brand and KH was made to promote a struggling at the time Disneyland tokyo

The internet oversold the popularity of animation at times, Disney is an iconic brand and KH was made to promote a struggling at the time Disneyland tokyo
Woah, that's a fascinating bit of information there. Maybe a SpongeBob or Nicktoons RPG made by Square could be made to promote the Japanese Nickelodeon channel and help it gain more viewership over there, and hopefully, get people in Japan who played the SpongeBob or Nicktoons RPG to check out the Nickelodeon channel and it's lineup of shows.

Last edited:
Woah, that's a fascinating bit of information there. Maybe a SpongeBob RPG or a Nicktoons RPG made by Square could be made to promote the Nickelodeon channel in Japan, so that it could get some more success over there.
Well, it could help Nick become more of a global success.

And the reason why is because back then Nick didn't have NEARLY as much of the global reach that it does now.

And the reason why is because back then Nick didn't have NEARLY as much of the global reach that it does now.
Agreed. Also, is there a possibility that people in Japan who never watched the Japanese Nickelodeon channel or any of its shows for that matter would think that SpongeBob SquarePants was just a original property created by SquareSoft upon getting their hands on the SpongeBob or Nicktoons RPG? I could see it being more likely with the SpongeBob RPG, but I think for the Nicktoons RPG, people in Japan who brought the Nicktoons RPG first would think that Nicktoons was a original property altogether created by SquareSoft.

Agreed. Also, is there a possibility that people in Japan who never watched the Japanese Nickelodeon channel or any of its shows for that matter would think that SpongeBob SquarePants was just a original property created by SquareSoft upon getting their hands on the SpongeBob or Nicktoons RPG? I could see it being more likely with the SpongeBob RPG, but I think for the Nicktoons RPG, people in Japan who brought the Nicktoons RPG first would think that Nicktoons was a original property altogether created by SquareSoft.
Right.........

But the Japanese still know who some of the characters are........In Japan, most of Nick's shows has aired on the terresial channels like TV Ashi and the like.

I mean, even that hypothesis has a profit benefit, knowing how iconic the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger games are.

Right.........

But the Japanese still know who some of the characters are........In Japan, most of Nick's shows has aired on the terresial channels like TV Ashi and the like.
Okay.

*fuck i wish i had the uh... i dunno? knowledge perhaps? i forgot the word. and the experience in video games to really elaborate on this further and go down this rabbit hole deeper*

Nick is mostly an American sucess, it has their europeans fans, but is mostly the Americas...but some animated show did become popular in India/SEA.(but still pales vs CN, Johny bravo and Ben 10 are Indian icons)

I mean, even that hypothesis has a profit benefit, knowing how iconic the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger games are.
Okay.

*fuck i wish i had the uh... i dunno? knowledge perhaps? i forgot the word. and the experience in video games to really elaborate on this further and go down this rabbit hole deeper*
Nick is mostly an American sucess, it has their europeans fans, but is mostly the Americas...but some animated show did become popular in India/SEA.(but still pales vs CN, Johny bravo and Ben 10 are Indian icons)
Right.

Wouldn't a Square-made Zelda be redundant, though? Maybe just a one-time license for Exdeath.
If Sakaguchi feel so envious of fire emblem and was surprised he or his company didn't invented it, i think they could have wished to touch zelda too(especially as they brutally murdered the mana franchise otl)

If Sakaguchi feel so envious of fire emblem and was surprised he or his company didn't invented it, i think they could have wished to touch zelda too(especially as they brutally murdered the mana franchise otl)
Good point. And yet another reason why the N64 should have used discs for Square's benefit.