Pop Culture Oneshot Scenarios

Oh one more thing @mtsgf, does Lionsgate still buyout Artisan-FHE in your timeline. If they do, they still have the home video rights to TMNT 1987, all the various Barbie fairy tales films, and Clifford the Big Red Dog.
Artisan was bought by RCA in 2002. The home video rights to TMNT 1987 belong to Columbia, the rest belongs to RCA.

@mtsgf

Do you have a list of the different movie and TV franchises and who owns them?
  • Columbia:
    • Ghostbuster
    • Men in Black
    • TMNT
    • Inspector Gadget
  • RCA (RKO Radio Pictures-NBC):
    • The Mask
    • Harry Potter
    • Mortal Combat
    • The Iron Giant
  • Universal:
    • Jaws
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Chronicles of Narnia
    • An American Tail
  • Paramount:
    • Stark Trek
    • Fleischer cartoons (except Superman)
    • Harvey Comics
    • Sonic the hedgehog
  • Warner:
    • DC
    • Hanna-Barbera
    • Cartoon Cartoons
  • Disney:
    • Marvel
    • Star Wars
    • Toy Story
  • Viacom (MGM-ABC):
    • Tom and Jerry
    • Nicktoons
    • Archie Comics
    • The Lord of the Rings
  • Carolco-Hemdale:
    • RoboCop
    • Friday 13th
    • Nightmare on Elm St.
  • Televisa:
    • James Bond
    • Pink Panther (Films and animations)
    • Blade Runner (?)
  • LionsGate:
    • Twilight
    • Saw
  • To be defined (I accept suggestions):
    • He-man
    • Nintendo film and tv shows
    • Pokémon
    • Matrix

@mtsgf , I really thought of Venevisión International when I read the section under Televisa Communications Inc. instead of RCTV International Productions.
Venevision had an agreement with Televisa since 1986, but in 1995, when UPBC premiere Univision signed an agreement with Venevision, so Televisa sought an alliance with RCTV.

Misc. TV Tropes examples

Franchise Original Sin

• For many, Faraefold was considered the point where Disney's "Villain POV" remakes went wrong. In large part because it humanized a villain who was considered by many one of the most evil in Disney's history. In truth though, these criticisms could also be applied to the more iconic Gaston and Frollo. However, the former was considered forgivable because of several factors. For starters, Gaston was portrayed by Stefan Karl Steffanson, whose international career had just begun with the Memetic Mutation he enjoyed via Robbie Rotten; what also helped was that the film was explicitly meant to be a Camp Deconstructive Parody of the villain Perspective Flip that had dominated musicals for years at that point. Frollo got noticeably more eyebrows due to Frollo being a more monstrous villain, but that was largely forgiven because not only was his performance captured brilliantly by Hugh Jackman, but also because it fit in with the film's intentions of being Truer to the Text than the 1996 version. However, Faraefold was considered by many the tipping point because of how it pushed the unfitting Mike Myers in the role, tried to outright excuse his monstrous actions in The Snow Queen, thus sinking the idea of extending the remake series to villains like Hades, Maleficent, and Ursula.
  • Rare's tendency to Follow The Leader was always present from day one. For instance, Donkey Kong Country was modeled after Super Mario World, Diddy Kong Racing was modeled after Mario Kart, Banjo-Kazooie was modeled after Super Mario Ultra, so on. Ever before joining Nintendo, Battletoads was their attempt to cash in on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles craze. The difference in those cases largely stems from how these games still had their own degree of invention and creativity on Rare's part. However, this would cause issues with the game Team Ultimate, which was their obvious attempt to cash in on the growing popularity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.n
My Real Daddy
  • Nobody would dare deny Shigeru Miyamoto being the creator of Super Mario Bros. However, most people will argue that the credit for making the series what it's been since the PlayStation should go to Yoshiaki Koizumi. His fans often cite the introduction of major pieces of lore into the series, such as the character of Prince Cream, reviving popular villains like Tatanga and Wart, the details on how Mario and Luigi arrived from Brooklyn, and Princess Daisy being one of the four de-facto playable characters (Mario, Luigi, and Peach being the others).
  • Many will argue day after day about who deserves the most credit for making MGM Animation into the juggernaut it is today. Those who point to Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera cite them leading MGM into being the first studio to produce high-quality TV animation. Whereas those who credit Gene Deitch cite many of the Animation Department's first, and best, films being his creations. Overall, it is a staunchly debated topic that could easily take up entire essays.
OOC: The latter MGM idea is based loosely on the ideas of @NoName.

Last edited:
Quotes from Super Mario Inc

"So, Mario. I see you're still as tryhard as ever. Not that I'm surprised."
- Bowser (Jim Cummings)

"You're not getting away with this!"
"Corn and cornier. Just like your brother and his princess."

- Luigi (Rob Paulsen) and Tatanga (Mark Hamill)

"Let my brother go, you fur-covered kraut!"
"I'm from Rotterdam, but OK."

- Princess Peach (Jodi Benson) confronts Mouser (Ray Bucktencia)

"Come, young prince. You help me, you get your kingdom in its entirety."
"I never thought I'd see a chance fatter than you are."

- Wart (Tony Jay) beginning his battle with Prince Cream (Haley Jo Osment)

Last edited:
Here's a prompt based off of Avatar the Last Airbender and Captain Planet:

Fire, Heart, Earth, Air, Water, and whatever the fuck Australia is supposed to be.
Long ago, these guys lived in harmony. But then everything changed because it turns out the Firebenders and Airbenders hate eachother like Dogs hate Cats, and then shit started to get real.
Only one of the other nations could put an end to this. But the Earthbenders were too poor to do anything, the Heartbenders were too busy partying (their ability is mind manipulation by the way), The Waterbenders were too busy profiting off of the conflict like the Capitalist pigs they were, and Australia was too busy trying to figure out what it was.
1000 years have passed and the war continues on the internet, and now the battlefields have gone from epic fields of honor to fights over things like beaches or Parking lots. But then, a bunch of crackheads on the internet said: "Hey! What if there was an OP boi who could bend all of da elements?" So now, the only way we can end the war is to find this OP person.
The Fire Nation and Air Nation both want him to win the war for them, the Earthbenders want him to bring them into relevance, The Waterbenders want to sell him for profit to whichever side gives the best price, the Australians want them to help solve their identity crisis, and the Heartbenders couldn't care less about what's happening.
"But I believe that this guy could save the world.

Misc. Bits from Blameitonjorge: Top 15 Lost/Interesting Pieces of Mario Media
Since its original conception in 1981 as Donkey Kong, Nintendo's Super Mario Bros flagship series of video games has expanded into more and more ambitious projects. Ranging from cancelled episodes of various animated series, to radically different betas for games that were finished, here are the Top 15 Lost Pieces of Mario Media.

#15: "Princess Toadstool" Material in West
In Japan, Princess Peach was already referred as by that name. However, Nintendo of America had proposed renaming the character "Princess Toadstool" due to the Peach name being considered irrelevant with the Mushroom motif. Unlike the idea of Mario and Luigi being from Brooklyn though, this idea was shot down rather quickly. Before this was shot down however, an instruction manual of the original game featuring this name was created. Though that was soon discontinued and replaced with manual featuring the "Peach" name.

#6: Prince Cream's Theme
In Super Mario Galaxy 2, we are given a story book about the character of Prince Cream. Much like one about the character of Rosalina in the first game, said book explains the not too happy story of the character. In this case, Prince Cream, who we learn via this story is the son of Rosalina. Originally, Koji Kondo composed the music for these segments as a simple piece using only a xylophone and harp. However, Yoshiaki Koizumi, the game's producer, and instead had Koizumi rework it into the final version [1]. Since the original release of the game, the theme has not re-emerged in any form. Although some speculate that it will appear at some point on a soundtrack album.

#3: Mary Kay Bergman as Prince Cream
The character Prince Cream made his debut in the 1999 title Super Mario Ultra 2, where he was one of the few characters with a substantial speaking role. In order to provide his voice, Nintendo originally hired Mary Kay Bergman. However, these recordings were later replaced with those of an unknown child actor, who went uncredited due to Bergman still being credited. This unknown actor would reprise the role in early builds for Super Mario Inc on the GameCube, but remained anonymous.

[1] The theme in the final game in question.

#15: "Princess Toadstool" Material in West
In Japan, Princess Peach was already referred as by that name. However, Nintendo of America had proposed renaming the character "Princess Toadstool" due to the Peach name being considered irrelevant with the Mushroom motif. Unlike the idea of Mario and Luigi being from Brooklyn though, this idea was shot down rather quickly. Before this was shot down however, an instruction manual of the original game featuring this name was created. Though that was soon discontinued and replaced with manual featuring the "Peach" name.
You can do what mexican do, Peach is the name, Toadstool is the surname.

I'd like to see a 'Reverse Mario' where the plumber is the bad guy kidnapping Heroic Bowser's girlfriend partner all the time...

Atelier Aviation Addendum:
Blazing Wings - The War of the Three Houses

Blazing Wings - The War of the Three Houses

Platform: Nintendo Switch
Developer: Factor 5, Intelligent Systems
Publisher: Nintendo

Blazing Wings - The War of the Three Houses is a arcade flight action role-playing game developed by Factor 5, Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Story

The game takes place on the continent of Fódlan. The landmass is divided into three rival nations who are now at peace: the Adrestian Empire to the southwest, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus to the north, and the Leicester Alliance to the east. At the center of the continent is the Garreg Mach Monastery, a neutral territory home to both the Church of Seiros and the Officers Academy. The game's "Three Houses" refer to the three boarding houses of the flight academy, the Black Eagles, the Blue Lions, and the Golden Deer, each populated with flight students from the three main nations. The game is set during two time periods. The first begins in Imperial Year 1940, during the characters' time as students at the Officers Academy. The story then jumps five years later to the time of a promised reunion between flight students, only for the three nations to now be seemingly at war with each other.

Gameplay

The flight model in Blazing Wings feels similar to Ubisoft's Blazing Angels, IR Gurus' Heroes of the Pacific, Bandai Namco's Sky Crawlers and GUST's My Flight Story with some minor changes. As players progress through the game, they earn new planes, including fighters, attackers, and bombers. Early in the game the player only has the most basic fighters; like the Gloster Gladiator and the Polikarpov I-16. Players can purchase aircraft, and tuning parts within the tree by spending MRP (Military Result Points), an in-game currency; that can be earned by completing campaign missions or side-missions.

Characters

Playable Characters

Although the player is free to choose any plane for Byleth and the flight students on each houses, they fly their canonical aircraft.
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deers
Ashen Wolves
Church of Seiros
Adversaries
Aircraft

Blazing Wings features a huge ton of playable aircraft. To purchase aircraft for Byleth, the player has to buy them by expending credits in the Aircraft Tree. Credits are earned by destroying hostile or neutral ("yellow") targets. The Gloster Gladiator, Polikarpov I-153, Heinkel He 112, Mitsubishi A5M and the Curtiss P-36 Hawk are available from the start. In addition to a machinegun and cannon, each plane is equipped with a limited number of special weapons, specialized against either ground or air targets.

Playable Aircraft

Fighters

1. Curtiss P-36C Hawk
  2. Gloster Gladiator
  3. Polikarpov I-153
  4. Mitsubishi A5M
  5. Heinkel He 112
  6. PZL P.11
  7. Polikarpov I-16
  8. Brewster F2A Buffalo
  9. Macchi C.200
  10. Hawker Hurricane I
  11. Supermarine Spitfire I
  12. Morane-Saulnier M.S.406
  13. Fiat G.50
  14. Messerschmitt Bf 109E
  15. Fokker D.XXI
  16. Messerschmitt Bf 110C
  17. Boulton Paul Defiant
  18. Hawker Hurricane II
  19. Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat
  20. Fairey Fulmar
  21. Nakajima Ki-43 Oscar
  22. Dewoitine D.520
  23. Curtiss P-40C Warhawk
  24. Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero
  25. Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-3
  26. Bell P-39D Airacobra
  27. Westland Whirlwind (fighter)
  28. Supermarine Spitfire V
  29. Fokker D.XXIII
  30. Lavochkin-Gorbunov-Gudkov LaGG-3 Series 4
  31. Arsenal VG-33
  32. Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat
  33. Curtiss P-40E Warhawk
  34. Messerschmitt Bf 109F Franz
  35. Messerschmitt Bf 110E
  36. Lavochkin La-5
  37. IAR 80
  38. Nakajima A6M2-N Rufe
  39. Macchi C.202
  40. Yakovlev Yak-1B
  41. North American P-51C Mustang
  42. Vought F4U-1 Corsair
  43. Republic P-47C Thunderbolt
  44. Bristol Beaufighter
  45. Kawasaki Ki-45
  46. Supermarine Seafire III
  47. Kawanishi N1K1-J George
  48. Macchi C.205
  49. Messerschmitt Bf 110G
  50. Focke-Wulf Fw 190A Wuerger
  51. Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki
  52. Vought F4U-1C Corsair
  53. Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero
  54. Supermarine Spitfire IX
  55. Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien
  56. Polikarpov I-185
  57. Lockheed P-38G Lightning
  58. Yakovlev Yak-9D
  59. Bell P-39Q Airacobra
  60. Fiat G.55
  61. Nakajima J1N Gekkou
  62. Grumman XF5F Skyrocket
  63. General Motors FM-2 Wildcat
  64. Curtiss P-40N Tomahawk
  65. Lavochkin La-7
  66. Mitsubishi J2M Raiden
  67. Republic P-47D Thunderbolt
  68. Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero
  69. Yakovlev Yak-9T
  70. Fairey Firefly
  71. De Havilland Mosquito FB VI
  72. Reggiane Re.2005
  73. Messerschmitt Bf 109G Gustav
  74. Vought F4U-1D Corsair
  75. Yakovlev Yak-3
  76. Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate
  77. Lockheed P-38L Lightning
  78. Hawker Sea Fury
  79. North American P-51D Mustang
  80. Northrop P-61 Black Widow
  81. Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse
  82. Supermarine Spitfire XIV
  83. Yakovlev Yak-9U
  84. Grumman F6F Hellcat
  85. Kawanishi N1K2-J George
  86. Bell P-63 Kingcobra
  87. Vought XF5U Flying Pancake
  88. SAAB 21
  89. Hawker Tempest V
  90. Supermarine Seafire Mk 47
  91. Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Dora
  92. Kawasaki Ki-102 Randy
  93. Messerschmitt Bf 109K Kurfurst
  94. Grumman F8F Bearcat
  95. Heinkel He 219
  96. Focke-Wulf Ta 152
  97. Tachikawa Ki-94-II
  98. Northrop XP-56 Black Bullet
  99. Vought F4U-4 Corsair
  100. North American P-51H Mustang
  101. Mitsubishi A7M
  102. North American F-82 Twin Mustang
  103. Ryan FR Fireball
  104. Republic P-47N Thunderbolt
  105. Messerschmitt Me 309
  106. Dornier Do 335 Pfeil
  107. Grumman F7F Tigercat
  108. Bristol Brigand
  109. Curtiss-Wright XP-55 Ascender
  110. Goodyear F2G Corsair
  111. De Havilland Hornet
  112. Fisher P-75 Eagle
  113. Arsenal VB 10
  114. Gloster Meteor
  115. Yakovlev Yak-15 Feather
  116. Mitsubishi Ki-83
  117. Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet
  118. Bereznyak-Isayev BI-1
  119. Heinkel He 162
  120. Messerschmitt Me 262 Schwalbe
  121. Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star
  122. Kyushu J7W Shinden
  123. Nakajima Kikka
  124. Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-9 Fargo
  125. De Havilland Vampire
  126. Horten Ho 229
  127. Blohm & Voss BV P.215
Attackers
  1. Fairey Swordfish
  2. Mitsubishi F1M Pete
  3. Vultee V-11
  4. Henschel Hs 123
  5. Potez 630
  6. Sukhoi Su-2
  7. Nakajima B5N Kate
  8. Douglas TBD Devastator
  9. Aichi D3A Val
  10. Douglas SBD Dauntless
  11. Junkers Ju 87D Stuka
  12. Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik (early)
  13. Breda Ba.65
  14. Vultee A-31 Vengeance
  15. Brewster SB2A Buccaneer
  16. Henschel Hs 129
  17. Grumman TBF Avenger
  18. Bréguet 693
  19. Junkers Ju 88C
  20. Hawker Typhoon
  21. North American A-36
  22. Douglas A-20G Havoc
  23. Fairey Barracuda
  24. Nakajima B6N Tenzan
  25. North American B-25H Mitchell
  26. Yokosuka D4Y
  27. Curtiss SB2C Helldiver
  28. Aichi M6A
  29. Douglas A-26 Invader
  30. Ilyushin Il-2m3 Sturmovik
  31. Beechcraft XA-38 Grizzly
  32. Aichi B7A Ryusei
  33. Martin AM Mauler
  34. Blackburn Firebrand
  35. Kaiser-Fleetwings XBTK
  36. Fairey Spearfish
  37. Ilyushin Il-10 Sturmovik
  38. Douglas A-1 Skyraider
  39. Douglas BTD Destroyer
  40. Douglas XB-42 Mixmaster
  41. Ilyushin Il-20 (1948)
Bombers
  1. Bristol Blenheim
  2. Douglas B-18 Bolo
  3. PZL.37 Łoś
  4. Tupolev SB
  5. Dornier Do 17
  6. Mitsubishi Ki-21 Sally
  7. Mitsubishi G3M
  8. Heinkel He 111
  9. Junkers Ju 88A
  10. Petlyakov Pe-2
  11. Consolidated PBY Catalina
  12. Tupolev Tu-2
  13. Mitsubishi G4M
  14. Savoia-Marchetti SM.79
  15. Lioré et Olivier LeO 45
  16. Dornier Do 217
  17. Vickers Wellington
  18. Kawanishi H8K
  19. Petlyakov Pe-8
  20. North American B-25C Mitchell
  21. Consolidated B-24 Liberator
  22. Handley Page Halifax
  23. Ilyushin Il-4
  24. De Havilland Mosquito B Mk IV
  25. Junkers Ju 188
  26. Piaggio P.108
  27. Heinkel He 177 Greif
  28. Short Sunderland
  29. Junkers Ju 288
  30. North American B-25J Mitchell
  31. Martin B-26 Marauder
  32. Yokosuka P1Y
  33. Mitsubishi Ki-67 Hiryu
  34. Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress
  35. Avro Lancaster
  36. Nakajima G5N
  37. Arado Ar 234
  38. Junkers Ju 390
  39. Boeing B-29 Superfortress
  40. Horten H.XVIII
  41. Northrop YB-35
Non-Playable
  1. Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka
  2. Douglas C-47 Skytrain
  3. Junkers Ju 52
  4. Vought OS2U Kingfisher
  5. Blohm & Voss BV 141
  6. Airspeed Horsa
  7. Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor
  8. Heinkel He 111Z
  9. Messerschmitt Me 323
  10. Focke-Achgelis Fa 225
  11. Nakajima C6N
  12. Silbervogel
  13. Projekt C

Last edited:
Super Mario Inc: 2001 E3 Trailer

The video opens to an Inca-like village atop a large range of mountains. For the entire trailer, an Inca-style song with a drum and panflute plays in the background. As we see this, a voiceover of Lord Ixchel of Wayra, the Lord of this province, plays.

Lord Ixchel of Wayra (Maurice LaMarche): The young prince of our Fungaria has seen a preview of things to come, Mario. Things that are... unpleasant.

Prince Cream, a child with strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and a royal blue outfit, stares dumbfounded at Mouser, who is piloting a large Mecha-Birdo. A flash of lightning is shown, and viewers can make out the shape of Wart.

Further scenes of Wart are present.

Lord Imajeen (Phil LaMarr): I think I remember that guy!

Mario is shown watching as several Goombas rush to attack him. Another voice over plays.

Wart (Tony Jay): Soon, Mario. You will pay the full price for my defeat.

Luigi is shown fighting off some Hammer Bros. and a few shy guys piloting a tank. Unfortunately, he is quickly taken down by a hammer, but quickly gets back up fighting again.

Wart: All you have...

Princess Daisy jumps off of a tricyclyde, but it quickly gets up. As it does so, we get a better look at Daisy. We can see now that she has been redesigned since the PlayStation era. Her hair is now a brighter shade of red, she now has a few visible freckles on her face, and her eyes are now a piercing green.

Princess Daisy (Grey DeLisle): So, you don't want to die, do you?

Cut to Daisy in some caverns fighting enemies.

Wart: Will be confiscated.

Princess Peach is transformed into a dragon through what is clearly an agonizing process, followed by a scene of Mario fighting dragon Peach. Luigi is seen fighting some Hammer Bros again, Princess Peach is fluttering down from a hillside with her umbrella, Princess Daisy is using her double jump to climb up a tree, and Prince Cream is running over gaps and a rocky landscape, evading some Phantos.

SUPER MARIO INC: ONLY ON THE GAMECUBE

So I've been thinking, in the same vein as Sillof's works for alt-Star Wars Settings (WW2, Medieval, Steampunk, Rebels set in the American Revolution, etc) does anyone here have any good ideas for alternative settings for Jedi Fallen Order?

Avatar Fallen Order is a prequel video game to Avatar: The Last Airbender. The game is about an Airbender named Nima, a young Air Nomad who used to live in the Northern Air Temple. Unfortunately, when Sozin's comet arrived, the Fire Nation attacked and killed everyone he knew, leaving him as the only survivor(1). The game starts 10 years later. Nima was never able to get his tattoos, allowing him to blend in more easily than his brethren. Now 22, Nima continues a nomadic lifestyle as the Fire Nation's early years of Expansion have begun. Unable to use his bending and wracked with Survivors Guilt, Nima was unable to make many friends in this harsh new world, but finds a place along side the non-benders, whom everyone assumes him to be.

Despite the inherent danger, Nima finds himself working in a Shipyard in the Fire Nation Colonies, befriending the Earth Kingdom Laborers who are forced to work there, building Ships that will serve the war machine. Unfortunately, during a work accident, Nima accidentally Airbends to save a friend, assuming he wouldn't be seen by any Fire Nation Soldiers. Unfortunately, Nima and his workmates are reported and interrogated by a member of Sozin's Hunters, an elite team of Firebenders who are trained for one goal: To hunt the Avatar. Unfortunately for Nima, he happens to be the right age and an Airbender, and he is forced to go on the run across the Avatar World, making friends and enemies, and evading the Hunters along the way. With the Fire Nation constantly expanding, Nima must constantly be on the run, knowing that he is most likely the last of the Air Nomads.

The game is filled with nods and references to The Last Airbender, such as being able to see the Southern Air Temple and see the same locations recreated, along with Ba Sing Se and the Si-Wong Desert.

(1) I refuse to believe that all the Airbenders were wiped out in one stroke. I do believe all of them being dead by Aang's time, but not all at once.

What If... No XBox?

What might have happened if Microsoft had chosen not to go into the Console market in 1998 and developed the software for the Sony Dreamcast instead?

Perhaps they go heavily into mobiles and tablets instead?

Effect on gaming and computing in general?