Pop Culture Oneshot Scenarios

Joss Whedon came in to direct the Star Wars Film Solo when the original director left.
Ron Howard was hired to direct Justice League when Zack Snyder left because of personal issues.

Atelier Aviation Addendum:

Flight Highschool: The Animated Series Voice Cast

The voice cast of Flight Highschool: The Animated Series, the animated series based on the comic series of the same name by Anyan, Dubbing was done in collaboration with Bang! Zoom Entertainment, Ocean Group, Viz Media Group and Funimation.

Characters

Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II: Melissa Fahn
Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor: Erica Mendez
Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker: Brina Palencia
Sukhoi Su-57: Jamie Marchi
Eurofighter Typhoon: Erica Lindbeck
Dassault Rafale: Monica Rial
Saab JAS 39 Gripen: Alexis Tipton
Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet: Kira Buckland
Mikoyan MiG-29 Fulcrum: Cassandra Morris
Chengdu J-20: Lauren Landa
McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle: Julie Ann Taylor
McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle: Wendee Lee
Shenyang FC-31 Gyrfalcon: Kayli Mills
McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C Hornet: Megan Shipman
Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot: Rachel Lillis
General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon: Erika Harlacher
Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II: Carrie Keranen
Northrop YF-23 Black Widow II: Sarah Anne Williams
Sukhoi Su-33 Flanker-D: Ryan Bartley
Grumman F-14 Tomcat: Christina Vee
Grumman F-14 Tomcat (IRIAF): Christina Vee
Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker-E: Kira Vincent-Davis
Boeing X-32 JSF: Tabitha St. Germain
Dassault Mirage 2000: Julie Maddelena
AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo: Kate Higgins
KAI FA-50/T-50 Golden Eagle: Xanthe Huynh
Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk: Trina Nishimura
Mikoyan MiG-31 Foxhound: Lydia MacKay
Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat: Mela Lee
Mitsubishi F-2: Jeannie Tirado
Panavia Tornado IDS: Jad Saxton
Boeing EA-18G Growler: Caitlin Glass
Dassault-Breguet Super Étendard: Leah Clark
Kawasaki T-4: Carrie Savage
Northrop Grumman X-47B: Christine Marie Cabanos
General Atomics MQ-1 Predator: Brianna Knickerbocker
Lockheed F-104 Starfighter: Abby Trott
McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II: Elizabeth Maxwell
Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback: Hilary Haag
British Aerospace Harrier II: Elizabeth Maxwell
Sukhoi Su-47: Janelle Lutz
Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit: Erin Fitzgerald
North American XB-70 Valkyrie: Carli Mosier
Rockwell B-1B Lancer: Luci Christian
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress: Ashleigh Ball
Lockheed C-130 Hercules: Laura Post
Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey: Andrea Libman
Tupolev Tu-95 Bear: Cherami Leigh
Tupolev Tu-22M Backfire: Jackie Lastra
Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjack: Andrea Libman
Lockheed U-2 Dragon Lady: Abby Trott
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird: Amber Connor
Boeing E-3 Sentry: Stephanie Sheh
Ryan BQM-34 Firebee: Sandy Fox
Northrop Grumman E-8 Joint STARS: Nicole Oliver
Canadair CL-415: Amanda C. Miller
Boeing 737 AEW&C: Janice Kawaye
Beriev A-50 Mainstay: Tara Platt
Northrop Grumman E-2 Hawkeye: Eden Riegel (under the Claudia Lenz alias)​

Last edited:
LostMediaWiki page: Anastasia (unfinished Disney animated film; late 1970s)

Anastasia was a planned Disney film that would have taken a Disney-like approach to the urban legend of Anastasia Romanov surviving the Bolsheviks, due for release sometime in the late 1970s or early 1980s. However, the idea was rejected by higher-ups at Disney who considered it downright absurd.

Origins
The first idea for the film came during a brainstorming session among Disney staff in late 1975. At the time, Thumbelina had been released to strong critical and commercial success, which was an important omen after several years of underwhelming films. During the session, Walt Disney himself proposed that Don Bluth make another collaboration with Andrew Lloyd Webber, the main behind many of the tunes in the aforementioned Thumbelina.

Bluth agreed, and held a meeting with Andrew Lloyd Webber where they decided on several possible concepts for the next film. Among them was an adaptation of Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot, an adaptation of The Railway Series by the Reverend W. Awdry, and another princess movie. Bluth and Webber decided to have the latter compose several songs that could be the basis for these ideas becoming films. At this point, Webber suggested a Disneyfied on the urban legend of Anastasia Romanov, who was thought to have survived the Russian Royal Family's death at the hands of the Bolsheviks.

Eventually, Webber composed the three obligatory songs for the ideas. The first one was composed with long-time partner Tim Rice, and eventually would lead to The Jellicle Cats (1981). The second, written with Peter Reeves, was titled "Engine of Love" and would evolve into Starlight Express (1985). The third and final piece, "Moscow," was composed with Richard Stilgoe, whom worked with Webber on Thumbelina. When the idea was presented, however, many higher ups at Disney dismissed the idea as ridiculous. Which led to the Anastasia story being canned in favor of other films like Sinbad the Sailor (1977).

Song
The only piece of content from this proposed film ever is the song "Moscow." After the project was shelved in 1977, Webber and Stilgoe allowed to the German band Dschinghis Khan to release their own version of the song as a single. The first version being in the song's original English in 1978, followed by a version in the band's native language of German in 1979.

Gallery
The English version of the song, as sung by Dschinghis Khan.

Controversial Moments from the Disney Animated Canon

Note: Most of the films that are the same IOTL will be the same here.

Thumbelina (1975)

In the scene when the title character (Ann Jillian) first meets Bentley Beetle (Daws Butler), the beetle seemingly tries to squeeze her arse. Thumbelina is naturally quick to push back quickly. This scene was later edited when the film was re-released in 1980, making the beetle reach for a glass of water sitting on a table behind Thumbelina.

Starlight Express (1985)

During the original film in the song "Wide Style, High Smile" by CB (Tom Hulce), the treacherous caboose boasts:
Andy Taylor, he don't suspect,
I got ol' 97 wrecked.
Wiesenthal does not how
I was on the death trains to Dachau

The first line as a rather innocuous allusion to The Andy Griffith Show. As both the Wreck of Old 97 and the show are set in the US State of North Carolina. The second however, received criticism for the rather apparent reference to the Holocaust and Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal. Don Bluth, the film's director, admitted up front that he thought it was rather tasteless. So when the film was re-released in 1989, the lyrics were revised to say "Interpol don't know that I've/Crossed the bridge on the River Kwai." This worked because while it was less tasteless, it did capture the implication that C.B. had been in cahoots with the Axis Powers. This version has been in used in all English language versions of the film since.

NOTE: This will be updated at certain points.

Last edited:
New scenario idea: Avengers and MCU, but with either 19th Century Sci Fi characters (Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as the Hulk? The Martians led by some all powerful figure as Thanos?) Or Fairy Tale characters (Shrek meets the Avengers). Any ideas for analogs or characters that would show up?

New scenario idea: Avengers and MCU, but with either 19th Century Sci Fi characters (Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as the Hulk? The Martians led by some all powerful figure as Thanos?) Or Fairy Tale characters (Shrek meets the Avengers). Any ideas for analogs or characters that would show up?
isn't that basically League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, though? XD

Huh, your right. But lets make it our own thing. Also, what about the other idea?
well the other one would basically be Fables XD XD i'd give a more serious answer, but i actually DON'T have all the time i could want at the moment (library computer, waiting for my work shift to start) but i could get back to y'all later on if any ideas occur to me. i can tell you right now, though, that--me being me--my personal hitch with this would be chronology since i basically find myself compelled to put all that stuff in the "correct" place

incidentally, though, i have recently been developing some ideas for "my own" versions of various fairy tales--particularly those of Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Puss in Boots--but they're all self-contained and, in and of themselves, probably aren't especially relevant to the point of this thread since they'd be their own thing instead of thinking about what media in an ATL would be like (in contrast to alot of my other ideas that would fit here, and which i've already mentioned)

A better question might be, What would Marvels 1880's be like. Just a Marvel 1602 changed the Marvel Characters for that time period, how would the Marvel Universe be changed if based in the 1880's

The Hulk triggered by Dr Jekyll formula is obvious.
I see a Victorian Spiderman as more a swashbuckler using a Sword in addition to webs.
Thor would more or less be the same
As would Dr Strange.
Daredevil might be more like the Spring Hill Jack Image
Steam Power Ironman Armor?
Have the image of Nick Fury arguing with Mycroft Holmes (Head of American Secret Agency vs The head of British Secret Agency)
Not sure how to do Captain America in a way That would be different .
And I have no idea for either Fantastic Four, other then Radiation from High Altitude Balloon Flight or Blasted from a Cannon to go to space aka Jules Verne.
And How would you do X men that would be different?

A better question might be, What would Marvels 1880's be like. Just a Marvel 1602 changed the Marvel Characters for that time period, how would the Marvel Universe be changed if based in the 1880's

I see a Victorian Spiderman as more a swashbuckler using a Sword in addition to webs.
As would Dr Strange.
Have the image of Nick Fury arguing with Mycroft Holmes (Head of American Secret Agency vs The head of British Secret Agency)
And I have no idea for either Fantastic Four, other then Radiation from High Altitude Balloon Flight or Blasted from a Cannon to go to space aka Jules Verne.
Captain Britannia?
I don't know enough about the X-men to have any input on that.

Rather you keep the Captain as a American or as a Brit, you still need a Victorian version of the Super Soldier project.
British Soldier from the Napoleonic Wars who met with something in Egypt that gave him great powers (later revealed to be an ancient piece of Martian machinery left behind in their first visit to Earth) and later being put into a dormant state until being awakened in the 1880s.

British Soldier from the Napoleonic Wars who met with something in Egypt that gave him great powers (later revealed to be an ancient piece of Martian machinery left behind in their first visit to Earth) and later being put into a dormant state until being awakened in the 1880s.
My favorite Fan Fiction theory on a Superhero Universe was in the Wold Newton Fan Theory , that had Superman and the Character Hugo Danner from the 1930's Novel Gladiator be the same character. Not only did Superman donate Blood that would trigger Superpowers in a number of people or their Children, but a discovered sample of his flesh in the Space ship that brought him to earth is the basis for the Captain America Formula.
The writer also came up crossover with Both Doc Savage and The Spider whom had Pulp adventures that were similar to Superman Comic Stories.

As would Dr Strange.
there's a custom Justice League action figure set by this guy Sillof on exactly that topic, called Gaslight League: http://sillof.com/gaslight-league he does all sorts of cool alternate-universe versions of certain franchises, one of my favorites being "West Wars", Star Wars as a Wild West story (it has *Vader as the chief enforcer of a corrupt railroad company in place of the Empire, for example)

there's a custom Justice League action figure set by this guy Sillof on exactly that topic, called Gaslight League: http://sillof.com/gaslight-league he does all sorts of cool alternate-universe versions of certain franchises, one of my favorites being "West Wars", Star Wars as a Wild West story (it has *Vader as the chief enforcer of a corrupt railroad company in place of the Empire, for example)
I seen his work online and at some conventions. I like them.
A couple of years ago, he sold some of his sets.
I try to come up with the money to purchase one of them but I was not able to with a Daughter that was starting College.

Video games averted tragedy in the bedroom of Polly Klaas on the night of October 1, 1993.

At one point, Klaas and her friends were asleep.

The next, Richard Allen Davis was dead. Having bled on her new Super Nintendo CD, thanks to a knife right in his chest. The obvious explanation was that he simply tripped over it while trying to abduct one of them. But then fell over, and somehow got the knife into his chest. Upon which he immediately bled to death.

Today, the alternatehistory.com TL Player One, in which the SNES CD was never made. It details a butterfly where Davis succeeded, and eventually strangled Klaas to death. An act which lead to him being shot point blank by Polly's father. The ultimate event being that the jury immediately decided that Klaas be let off. Only prolonging it with a sort of pizza party since they didn't want to look like they jumped to conclusions. Not that it mattered since in that TL, it was obvious from the start Davis was guilty.

Last edited: