(pop culture) ICWI: Despite Marvel Buy, Disney Still Confident In Gargoyles

Ever since Disney bought Marvel awhile back, every one's been wondering what that means for their own superhero-y universe, the long-running Gargoyles franchise. Rumors have been rife that the buy indicated that Disney had lost confidence in the aging franchise, and was ditching it in favor of the better-known Marvel universe.

However, Gargoyles creator Greg Weisman has debunked the rumors; according to Greg, both the planned Live Action film and the next series will be going forward. Which is not to say that Gargoyles won't be affected by the the Marvel buy; Greg hinted that a crossover may be in the offing.

I am extremely relieved by the news. How about you?

OOC: The POD here is Greg Weisman being able to carry out his "Master Plan" for a slew of Gargoyles Spin-offs, creating something akin to the DCAU IOTL.

I'm relieved too or I would be had that happened.

However, it wouldn't be too hard to merge a version of Gargoyles into the Marvel universe through a reboot. Of course, there could be an unchanged Gargoyles/Disney universe within the Marvel multiverse at the same time.

this could very well mean that the Gargoyles world in the next Kingdom Hearts game will include some Marvel characters. perhaps Iron Man and Goliath as your allies against Demona and her army of Heartless? :D

i also wouldn't be surprised if there's a reboot of the Thor comics in the future that retcons them as some variation of Oberon's Children, since it was established in the third season of the original Gargoyles series that Odin exists in the Gargoyles universe and was a member of the Third Race. or, perhaps more likely, if the Quarrymen are included in future chapters of various Marvel comics.