Poll: Finishing A Land of Milk and Honey

Should RogueBeaver pick up where he left off and continue A Land of Milk and Honey?

• Total voters
New Poll: How many people want the TL, A Land of Milk and Honey, finished?

1. Yes
2. No

The choice is yours

Last edited:
New Poll: How many of you think RogueBeaver should get back to A Land of Milk and Honey and start updating it again?

1. Yes, please start up A Land of Milk and Honey again
2. No, continue writing Irrevocable Determination and wait until next year

The choice is yours

I'd like to vote for the third option.

3. Letting RB go at his own pace as he has a life and is juggling multiple TL's and doesn't need us constantly demanding that he appease us in out never-ending need to suck out all the creative juices out of our most entertaining people and then act shocked when they take a break and don't act overjoyed when they post a poll discussing whether they should force him to do what we want.

I'm not trying to be a pain, I just want to find out what happens. Surely he can write a summarization in a post. That would work. Or finish the story to a certain point, but give it a conclusion that can allow for a continuation or an ending. As long as there isn't any cliffhangers.

I'm not trying to be a pain, I just want to find out what happens. Surely he can write a summarization in a post. That would work. Or finish the story to a certain point, but give it a conclusion that can allow for a continuation or an ending. As long as there isn't any cliffhangers.

It's just that the way you've phrased the question says 'Should we constantly point out that we want something to RB until he snaps?.' instead of the intended meaning.

It's just that the way you've phrased the question says 'Should we constantly point out that we want something to RB until he snaps?.' instead of the intended meaning.

Okay, I've changed some things around a bit and did some editing. What do you think?

Last edited:
Bump bump! What does everyone think will happen next? We left off in June of 1977, with a crisis beginning to brew in Iran and the possibility of a (Very different from OTL) relationship developing among two unlikely bedfellows. I think RFK might be elected president in TTL 1980 (Since RB remarked in the prologue that the person in The Oval Office had been in Washington for almost 40 years and reflecting back to 25 years ago), and serve for 2 terms. And I think that his successor as president of the United States will be a woman. I think her initials are HRC. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I only want closure and answers to questions unanswered. And I am sure that there are others who wish for that as well.

Last edited:
I never meant to do anything wrong or harass anybody, I just did it to see how many people wanted the TL finished. That's all.

Bumping the thread. Hope nobody minds.

Speaking as someone whose working flat out on my own TL whenever I have a spare moment, it`s pretty demanding, not only do you have to think about where its going, you gotta do a lot of research and writing and for myself, one post (albeit my posts are a bit lengthy...) can take a week or so to develop and write and edit. Personally, I find the best incentive when I`m getting a bit burned out is an appreciative post. Anybody whose writing this stuff is doing it for an audience to see if they like it, so speaking for myself here, the best way to get things going is to show some appreciation for the author :D - and make a few suggestions and contributions.

Just my two cents worth.....

That sounds good, but RB said that if anyone else posted on the forum, he would shut it down. But, I guess we can put our ideas here. That works. I've shared mine, what's yours?

Speaking as someone whose working flat out on my own TL whenever I have a spare moment, it`s pretty demanding, not only do you have to think about where its going, you gotta do a lot of research and writing and for myself, one post (albeit my posts are a bit lengthy...) can take a week or so to develop and write and edit. Personally, I find the best incentive when I`m getting a bit burned out is an appreciative post. Anybody whose writing this stuff is doing it for an audience to see if they like it, so speaking for myself here, the best way to get things going is to show some appreciation for the author :D - and make a few suggestions and contributions.

Just my two cents worth.....

This 100%. I can't imagine a more discouraging thing then nobody posting any comments on my TL, or all the comments being negative.