Photos from Kentucky Fried Politics

1000006137.jpg

- Promo image of Randy Quaid portraying former President Harley Brown in THN's biopic on him, The Biker President, from director Michael Polish.

IMG_2387.jpeg

- A 1981 NBC coffee mug, printed with the logo introduced in the 1980-1981 television season.

(IOTL, NBC's 1986 logo was actually designed in 1980, but NBC was in such a bad state at the time that it would only undergo an expensive process to change the logo when it retook the number-one spot in the ratings, which it did in the 1985-1986 season.)

IMG_2564.jpeg

- A screencap from an episode of Welcome to the Wayne aired on October 13, 2018, in which André the vampire (Charlie Schlatter) briefly transforms into SpongeRobert RectangleShorts, a parody of SpongeBob's Undersea Cuisine mascot SpongeBob SquarePants, to the amusement of Ansi and Olly and the annoyance of Saraline. Carlos Alazraqui, SpongeBob's longtime voice actor, voiced SpongeRobert in this brief cameo.

(The irony of the main character of a cartoon OTL's Nick focuses heavily on at the expense of other series, Welcome to the Wayne included, appearing on a show on The Cartoon Network ITTL...)

Last edited:
IMG_2568.jpeg

- Still from the 1998 Darrell Van Citters-directed Looney Tunes short The Lackalucks, in which Bupkis (Kath Soucie), Zilch (Pamela Segall), Null (Russi Taylor), Void (Candi Milo), and Nada (Judith Barsi), five little creatures working for their abusive boss, Mr. Wackamelon (Joe Alaskey), have Bugs Bunny (Mel Blanc) tied in chains to tell the same jokes every night for eternity, just before Bugs uses his wits to escape the chains and trick the Lackalucks and Wackamelon into not only defeat, but humiliation; the Lackalucks proved popular enough to become recurring characters.

This was one of Mel Blanc's final performances as Bugs Bunny that he recorded before his death in 1997.

Last edited:
1000006313.jpg

Actor and comedian Trinidad Silva in an interview where he discussed his role in the upcoming movie UHF [1]. The film would end up being the first of several collaborations between Silva and Weird Al Yankovic, with Silva appearing in more movies with Yankovic.

[1] Trinidad Silva sadly passed away due to a car accident while UHF was in production. Since all of that is down to circumstance, the accident never happened ITTL and he lives.

merlin_10209981_abc9a560-a70b-453c-9608-14dc96d95a8e-superJumbo-down.jpg

Two screenshot (preserved via OurVids) from the famous 2003 "I Love New York" ad. New York City had been hit hard in the wake of the SARS pandemic, particularly the theatre industry, with Broadway and Off-Broadway theaters forced to temporarily shut their doors after the initial outbreak in 2002. As theaters gradually reopened in mid 2003, the commercial was broadcast nationally in an effort boost tourism following the pandemic. Featuring a number of Broadway performers and show business figures singing the Irving Berlin classic 'There's No Business Like Show Business', the two pictures shown are from the last 30 seconds of the ad, in which Broadway's finest gathered in Time Square, proudly singing and proclaiming, 'Let's go on with the show!'

(Longtime lurker, first time poster on both this site and this page. As a fan of this TL, I decided to throw my hat into the ring with some possible additions. In OTL, this commercial aired in the wake of September 11 - and only once, if I'm not mistaken. Besides the reason for this ad, I decided to add some butterfly-induced differences - i.e., the song chosen - just to give it its own flavor. Credit for the original images go to this NY Time article and this YouTube video of the original ad; both images have been slightly edited via PhotoScape.)

Last edited:
william-bogert-chappelle-comedy-central-20079387.jpg

Character actor William Bogert in a September 2004 interview with TON News. A life-long Republican, Bogert was one of many figures behind the 'Republicans for Jesse Jackson' movement in the wake of former Senator Bernie Goetz's nomination. In the interview, Bogert states, "I've always been a Republican. I grew up in a Republican family. I voted for Dwight Eisenhower the first time I ever voted; I voted for Nixon in 1960; I voted for the Colonel both times ... But when we come to Bernie Goetz, now it seems to me we're up against a very different kind of man. To be perfectly honest with you: this man scares me." When asked why he ultimately decided to cross party lines, he stated, "If you unite behind someone you don't believe in, it's a lie ... Of course I thought about not voting at this election, just staying home — but you can't do that, that's saying you don't care who wins, and I do care." He concluded the interview stating, "I think my party has made a terrible mistake, and I'm going to have to vote against that mistake on November 2nd."

Last edited:
image4170056.jpg

Leonard Nimoy at the 2008 National Autism & Asperger’s Conference, pictured minutes before speaking about his autism diagnosis.

(P.S. too lazy right now for photoshop. I’m new here)

[1] Spock is considered by many people to be autistic or at least a very early representation of of Autism, but there’s a little-known belief that his actor, Leonard Nimoy, may have actually been autistic or at least neurodivergent (I personally believe of the atypical-type or at least inattentive-type AD[H]D). Based on some traits I’ve noticed in videos and interviews, as well as comments from people who worked with and knew him, there’s a very good chance that’s the case.

[2] Nimoy never received a diagnosis IOTL, but if he were still alive and/or there was a lot less stigma surrounding autism and neurodiversity was more mainstream while he was alive, there could have been a chance for that. Or that’s my opinion.

1000006396.jpg

- Actress and future First Lady, Marissa Joan Hart speaking during an interview on Politically Incorrect where she discussed her involvement with the Republicans for Jesse Jackson movement. In the interview, Hart stated called GOP presidential nominee Bernie Goetz, "poisonous to the Republicans," and "too extremist to be allowed anywhere near the White House." While her husband, future President Kelsey Grammer never commented on his wife's involvement with the movement, he would express irritation with the far right supporters of Goetz.

Last edited:
1000006469.jpg

- Pro-wrestling legend Owen Hart [1] speaking in a 2011 interview were he discussed the recent announcement he would join the WWE Hall of Fame.

[1] As @gap80 mentioned back in the actual thread, an OSHA probe by the Bellamy administration led to WWE getting penalized and fined for safety violations and negative publicity from this probe led to wrestlers unionizing in the 1990s. Due to this, we can assume stuff like the stunt that killed Owen Hart never happened.

Last edited:
1000006518.jpg

- Paul Heyman, current CEO of the WWE [1] (formerly WWF), during an interview with TON where he discusses his upcoming plans for Wrestlemania 40.

[1] Given everything that's come out about Vince McMahon in the last year or so, I'd imagine it's pretty likely he'd have gotten forced out at some point after the Second Ark Wave started, and that's before you consider that the WWE was probed by OSHA ITTL.

1000006521.jpg

- Cover for The Judge: The Life & Opinions of Alabama's Frank M. Johnson Jr., a 1972 biography on Chief Justice Johnson.

1000006554.jpg

- Actor Chance Perdomo[1] at a New York City Comic Con panel shortly after it was announced he would be portraying Denzel Delaney (Spider-Man II) in a upcoming film.

[1] I acknowledge that it's probably too soon to post something like this, but I also just hate that this happened all together. Rest in peace.

1000006577.jpg

- Lt Col. Christopher Duntsch[1], one of the many young men who served during the Second Korean War. He died trying to help wounded soldiers while retreating from enemy fire when he was shot in the spine. He was laid to rest in his home state of Montana.

[1] Of course in OTL Duntsch was the infamous surgeon nicknamed Dr. Death. As @gap80 suggested, he ended up enlisting a few years before the Second Korean War broke out, meaning he never went to medical school.

View attachment 898660
- Lt Col. Christopher Duntsch[1], one of the many young men who served during the Second Korean War. He died trying to help wounded soldiers while retreating from enemy fire when he was shot in the spine. He was laid to rest in his home state of Montana.

[1] Of course in OTL Duntsch was the infamous surgeon nicknamed Dr. Death. As @gap80 suggested, he ended up enlisting a few years before the Second Korean War broke out, meaning he never went to medical school.
And ironically getting shot in the spine, the
Body part he mangled more than anything.