Peshawar Lancers Redux: Rebooted: Hybrid Theory

The PL expanded universe project was a glory to behold back in the day, and Claudius and Shadow Knight's continuing story in North America is still great. That said, I was thinking of the original novel and I realize that one of its tropes is the use of hybridized civilizations between colonizers and the colonized- the Anglo-Indian Raj, the French-Maghrebi empire, the off-screen Indo-Dutch Batavian Republic, the Sino-Japanese dynasty and the Russian anschluss with Hell. Of course, it's not always hybrids, in some cases we simply have a dominant culture dominating the region, like Brazil with the rest of Latin America. The Caliphate could be the Arabs turning the tables on the Turks and Persians.

So if we were going to continue this trope and apply to other places in the book that have been more reduced, what would we see? I still advocate a United States of Mexico as an homage to Robert Sobel's For Want of a Nail, with a large contingent of U.S. Army and refugees evacuating to south of the border. Perhaps the Siamese Wars alluded to in the novel were about Raj-Nipponese machinations in dealing with the Thai (a Japanese client?) expansion in Indochina. Any other possible ideas?

It is possible that there might have been ore clashes in the South Pacific between forces of the Anglo-Indian Empire and the Asians.