Our Fair Country: A History of New England

It was no secret that New England’s soil was poor and rocky, and its farmers mostly focused on feeding themselves and their families, there was little incentive to produce large numbers of one crop due to the need to sustain one’s family. Richard Arkwright Junior saw great potential in this, and established the first textile mills in New England. He choose to establish two mills upon the River Mad and the River Naugatuck in the Province of Connecticut, making use of their strong water flows to power his machines.
Funnily enough, Manchester is also a good spot to make mills. I mean, Amoskeag Manufacturing was the biggest textile mill company in the world, for a time.

Good update!

A quick question on the US though; if I'm reading the update right, the TTL constitution passed in 1800 or thereabouts, and Hamilton was elected shortly there after. However, it seems that he is in office until 1816. What are Presidential terms like iTTL? What about the rest of the Constitution? Is it broadly similar to the OTL one? My apologies if this is too far out of the scope of this TL. I'm just curious about the USA. Thank you!

Good update!

A quick question on the US though; if I'm reading the update right, the TTL constitution passed in 1800 or thereabouts, and Hamilton was elected shortly there after. However, it seems that he is in office until 1816. What are Presidential terms like iTTL? What about the rest of the Constitution? Is it broadly similar to the OTL one? My apologies if this is too far out of the scope of this TL. I'm just curious about the USA. Thank you!

Assuming things are similar to OTL, I would imagine that Hamilton, with his more monarchical ideas, would simply serve more terms as President, seeing as term limits didn't exist in OTL until after FDR.

Funnily enough, Manchester is also a good spot to make mills. I mean, Amoskeag Manufacturing was the biggest textile mill company in the world, for a time.

Thanks for the heads up, that will be helpful for the future.

Good update!

Thanks for that!

Alexander Hamilton was elected in the 1800 election, and lost in 1816. The Constitution is similar to the Virginia Plan. There is no Connecticut Compromise, as there is no Connecticut. The House of Representatives is elected the same as otl, two-year terms with no limits. Proportional to population. The Senate is radically different. Senators are nominated by the state legislatures, but the House must vote on them yay or nay. If they are rejected by the house, the state must nominate a new Senator.

The President is elected for a four year term. There is no "born in the US" requirement, nor any term limits. Washington was still alive in 1800, but never ran for President. Hamilton instead governed the US like the United Kingdom, commanding a majority in the House of Representatives as if he were Prime Minister (much to the dismay of the "Republican" who wanted separation of powers. Hamilton's style of governance was overturned by President Jefferson, who served for one term. 1817-1821.

Please, feel free to ask anything about the other countries of the world, it helps flesh out the timeline.

There is no "born in the US" requirement, nor any term limits.

Even with a born in the US requirement Hamilton could have been President, since the Constitution included the "or is a citizen at the time of the signing of the constitution" clause.