Ottoman stagnation debate continuation

I'm not that skeptical about the Ottoman federal identity. The Sunni Muslim affiliation to the Ottoman Sultan was real, there was never a major revolt in Albania or in the Arab Lands. If the Empire manages to get some stability, it'll never lose Muslim support. Christian support is trickier, but IIRC there's an old map in the forum based on the Ottoman census showing how Muslims made up at least 30% of all Balkan provinces.

IF the Empire manages to industrialize alongside Western Europe the Balkans would be obvious center of the most important industries, Muslims from all over the Empire and outside (Circassians) would naturally flow into the Balkan cities and we can expect a Muslim plurality in every important city of the Empire.

Also, as said before, if the avoid Greek Independence and get a more stable and inclusive Ottoman Empire, the Greeks will probably gradualy accept to become a part of the Ottoman continuum, as they actually were - there was no area with a significant Greek population without a Turkish one and vice-versa.
Aye, I would so that the ethnic diversity of the Balkans could potentially be a tool for the Ottomans to build a multi ethnic identity. If you have a stable state that is open to equal access for all cultural groups you could perhaps get enough of the population to be invested in the state. ottomanism could be a symbol of stability and security contrasted with a boogeyman of ethnonationalism which would inevitably mean war and cleansing. Stopping Greek independence would be important I think toncurbing the appeal of nation states although they will always have models in the rest of Europe to look to.