OTL Election maps resources thread

Thande

Donor
I'll post one more of these just to make sure Alex and I have got the common format down right now.

Norfolk's an interesting place because although the Tories are dominant, there's a lot of opposition as well (and they managed to knock the Tories off through a rainbow coalition in 2013, though that's now collapsed). A lot of divisions were won with a voteshare in the 30s or even 20s, with quite a few party candidates on double figures.

Looking at the result does show you how 2009 was a case of 'Labour voters just didn't turn up' and it hurt the party long-term, as a lot of the seats lost temporarily to the Tories on the low turnout went to UKIP instead in 2013 rather than back to Labour. Also it shows you how much the Greens' success in Norwich was a function of the same 'Labour voters didn't turn up' factor and how that success was pushed back when Labour went into opposition. On the other hand, the Lib Dems' success in the north even under coalition conditions foreshadowed the re-election of Norman Lamb in 2015.

As one of UKIP's best councils in 2013, this will be one to watch to see how well their vote holds up or otherwise in a month's time. It was interesting how it was some of the Tories' darkest blue areas in 2009 that proved most vulnerable to UKIP in 2013.

Norfolk.png

Can someone tell me how did the Italians did their 1946 elections. I am tyring to figure out how they got their numbers for the seats.

Can someone tell me how did the Italians did their 1946 elections. I am tyring to figure out how they got their numbers for the seats.

The electoral system as you can see was rather straightforward. But weirdly the Italian elections page is missing a few deputies in all elections until 1958 so they are a bit hard to map if you want to include little men. The difference in the size of the constituencies was weird tbh

The electoral system as you can see was rather straightforward. But weirdly the Italian elections page is missing a few deputies in all elections until 1958 so they are a bit hard to map if you want to include little men. The difference in the size of the constituencies was weird tbh

[STOCKHOLM LAUGHS AT YOU UNTIL BARCELONA'S LAUGHTER OVERPOWERS IT]

[STOCKHOLM LAUGHS AT YOU UNTIL BARCELONA'S LAUGHTER OVERPOWERS IT]

BARCELONA IS OVERPOWERED BY LISBON'S MANIATICAL LAUGHTER

47 freaking seats. The smallest constituency has 2.

But I think in First Republic Italy Rome elected some 50 something MPs from its constituency. That was nuts.