Official What-Are-You-Working-On Thread

Highlander

Banned
For big projects, that is.

Be it writing, cartography, some other form of art - post here snippets or screenshots of your work and generally just talk about where you are at.

There's a map i'm working on episodicly. (I've obviously reduced the size)
NoSky.png

There's sketches for my TL : flags for wikiboxes, future of Carolingian Empire.

cq6PG.png

BgrpA.png

I am working on my first "novel", which has the working title "Red Alps". It is based on this map of mine and I have the rough story line ready, though I suffer from writer's block currently.

Theoretically I could post some of the notes I made, probably will later this evening.

fascist_italy_survives_by_federalrepublic-d3gsabx.png

Mystery in Marburg

Paris, France, December 1 – Gen. Eisenhower today denied German reports that Allied bombers had dropped chemical weapons on the city of Marburg, Germany.
German radio has announced the evacuation of the city, due to fears of poison gas...
The New York Times, Dec. 1 1944, p. 4.

“It is not too much to expect that our children will enjoy in their homes electrical energy too cheap to meter...” -Lewis L. Strauss

“The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.” -Albert Einstein

“No country without an atom bomb could properly consider itself independent.” -Charles De Gaulle

“The discovery of nuclear reactions need not bring about the destruction of mankind any more than the discovery of matches.” -Albert Einstein

“There are no total answers, no easy answers, no cheap answers to the question of protection from nuclear attack. But there are answers.” -Fallout Protection, Pamphlet from the Office of Civil Defense

“When will I be blown up?” -William Faulkner

Welcome to The Shape of Things to Come! In this timeline, you can expect:

• Dick Nixon for President!
  • Atomic-Powered Airplanes!
  • Advertisements for Steel!
  • Nuclear Proliferation!
  • Tom Swift as a Live-Action TV Series!
  • And Godless Communism!

All this and more in

The Shape of Things to Come

Subscribe today!

------

It'll probably be another year before it's ready to be posted without being flayed for implausibility.

Great idea for a thread Highlander, but you need to post something <:mad:>

Something I'm working on atm, I'll post some other bits later.

CL2.png

There's a map i'm working on episodicly. (I've obviously reduced the size)

There's sketches for my TL : flags for wikiboxes, future of Carolingian Empire.

That looks really cool, wanna see more of both products. Do you use Inkscape? Do you make your own maps or use stuff from Wikimedia?

I am working on my first "novel", which has the working title "Red Alps". It is based on this map of mine and I have the rough story line ready, though I suffer from writer's block currently.

Theoretically I could post some of the notes I made, probably will later this evening.

fascist_italy_survives_by_federalrepublic-d3gsabx.png

Communist Switzerland?

Something I'm working on atm, I'll post some other bits later.
I just had an erection watching this.

That looks really cool, wanna see more of both products. Do you use Inkscape? Do you make your own maps or use stuff from Wikimedia?
I use only Inkscape. Some kind people give me Gimp and Paint Shop Pro tips, but i can't manage to use them.

For the flags, depends. If i found something useful i take, but i most usually draw myself the maps.

Highlander

Banned
but you need to post something <:mad:>

Well I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on maps lately sadly.

What I have been working on is trying to improve my bass playing, building a series of cigar box instruments and making some drinking glasses for my best friend who just bought an apartment.

Nice idea for a thread!

I'm halfway through Chapter 5 of this- will start posting them soon...

the_bloody_man__alt__cover_by_edthomasten-d4299m9.jpg

Concept Map for a StonePunk. The real one, should I choose to make it, will actually show effort. I don't know if I will have time though, considering I'm going to college tomorrow, which is why I'm just posting this crappy concept art.

Shit, 1000th post. Woops.

StonePunk.png

Last edited:
Im working on a Future History Thread about a Second US Civil War in the 2040's, a story where a secret agent from a Super British Empire runs around a dinosaur ridden Australia with an Irish rebel and about 5 other TL's.

Concept Map for a StonePunk. The real one, should I choose to make it, will actually show effort. I don't know if I will have time though, considering I'm going to college tomorrow, which is why I'm just posting this crappy concept art.

Shit, 1000th post. Woops.

Isnt that Java?

I'm working on a TL where Neville Chamberlain eating some bad meat drastically changes the 20th century. :D See link.