"Now Blooms the Tudor Rose."

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now. Spanish Central America is pretty firmly established by now but South America could very easily end up Protestant. Hypothetically the Huguenot colony in Brazil could boom as some alt Great Migration see's tens of thousand of French Huguenots flee France resulting in a French Brazil. Britain meanwhile could found a colony on the Rive Plate resulting in a British Argentina while Chile and Bolivia could be conquered in due course and go the way of French Canada.

Obviously, I will neither confirm or deny any such speculation, but I will say this--if you all recall, the multi-volume Wars of Religion history mentioned earlier ended on "The American Wars".

So--something cool that will likely never come to be ITTL--the Sedlec Ossuary, in the Czech Republic (or as the folks are calling it in 16th century Europe, Bohemia).

675px-Kostnice_Sedlec.JPG

While the Ossuary itself exists in this time, the present artistic arrangement of the bones dates from the 19th century.

Dare I suggest that the butterflies cause a famous artist to become morbid due to the wars and begin playing with bones? :D

I just finished reading this; I was always curious to read this one since I greatly enjoyed reading through the King Nobody Wanted. This is honestly an awe-inspiring work and has convinced me to start working on my own- though of a very different era. Quite possibly one of the best, perhaps the best, timeline I have ever read. The level of research and detail is absolutely amazing and I find myself learning more every day about the wacky world of the 16th century.

I just finished reading this; I was always curious to read this one since I greatly enjoyed reading through the King Nobody Wanted. This is honestly an awe-inspiring work and has convinced me to start working on my own- though of a very different era. Quite possibly one of the best, perhaps the best, timeline I have ever read. The level of research and detail is absolutely amazing and I find myself learning more every day about the wacky world of the 16th century.

Could someone send me a personal message and tell me more about "The King Nobody Wanted"? If it also is from Space Oddity (or has the same vibe as "Tudor Rose", then I am deeply interested!!

I'd go on a limp guessing its the link that Space Oddity have named "the king nobody wanted" ... just a hunch

I'd go on a limp guessing its the link that Space Oddity have named "the king nobody wanted" ... just a hunch

WOW!!!! I am struck speechless by the sheer audacity and creativity of that thought! You just might be right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

:D

i've finally finished reading this. again. this was, and still is, great. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

btw, what's happening in Malacca and the Spanish East Indies?

by that time IOTL, Legazpi finally settled there. is there any difference ITTL?

And now, a bump as I plan on posting a little something later in the week--not a full update mind you, though I hope to publish that next month. In the meantime--an exceptionally flattering picture of Charles of the Asturias.

5089302.jpg

And now, a bump as I plan on posting a little something later in the week--not a full update mind you, though I hope to publish that next month. In the meantime--an exceptionally flattering picture of Charles of the Asturias.

5089302.jpg

From how you have previously described him, that does seem to be quite flattering.

5089302.jpg

I think the word you're looking for is optimistic. By the way how is Charles son's jaw looking, can touch his teeth together?

I think the word you're looking for is optimistic. By the way how is Charles son's jaw looking, can touch his teeth together?

Charles Maria is seeing the typical reverting to the mean that tended to happen whenever the Habsburgs got some fresh blood in their veins.

I wonder, did every Habsburg have to have such a prominent codpiece?

From what I can see? Yes. When codpieces were in fashion, the House of Austria insisted on having the biggest, most prominent codpieces of all.

Would you say she's good enough to be a female ninja turtle? :D

It'd be a better name than "Venus de Milo".

Status
Not open for further replies.