Not another MacArthur was a jerk thread!

So here I am slogging my way through the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) of one Douglas MacArthur, our forum's favorite whipping boy, and I have made it all the way up to page 33 where I am stopped cold. Because that page-stuck in the middle of internal correspondence concerning MacArthur's potential promotion to major general-has been withheld from the file under an FOIA exemption concerning national security information someone in government wishes to remain classified. A piece of government paper that is dated November 18th, 1918, and the thing is apparently too secret to reveal a hundred years later. I am not precisely sure when MacArthur's OMPF was first made available to researchers, let alone the general public, but probably we are talking a couple of decades here, if not more, so this restriction was probably imposed a long while back. Since I have barely started on the file (only 4,000 more pages to go!), I have no idea if there are any more such deletions awaiting me. I remain curious about this deletion though. What the heck could this blank page possibly contain which has remained classified ever since, for a century?

So here I am slogging my way through the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) of one Douglas MacArthur, our forum's favorite whipping boy, and I have made it all the way up to page 33 where I am stopped cold. Because that page-stuck in the middle of internal correspondence concerning MacArthur's potential promotion to major general-has been withheld from the file under an FOIA exemption concerning national security information someone in government wishes to remain classified. A piece of government paper that is dated November 18th, 1918, and the thing is apparently too secret to reveal a hundred years later. I am not precisely sure when MacArthur's OMPF was first made available to researchers, let alone the general public, but probably we are talking a couple of decades here, if not more, so this restriction was probably imposed a long while back. Since I have barely started on the file (only 4,000 more pages to go!), I have no idea if there are any more such deletions awaiting me. I remain curious about this deletion though. What the heck could this blank page possibly contain which has remained classified ever since, for a century?
The reason why the Alaska Class was good

Nooooooo. Do not summon the wrath of @CalBear!

I can't say for certain, but amongst other things, wasn't Dugout Doug twice denied a well-deserved MoH and then awarded it becuz reezons.

MacArthur was promoted brevet to command a division on 10th November and the war ended on the 11th. By the 22nd we was back to commanding a brigade.

I doubt if there is any mystery behind this missing page - just a general "do not promote anyone the war is over" message

So here I am slogging my way through the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) of one Douglas MacArthur, our forum's favorite whipping boy, and I have made it all the way up to page 33 where I am stopped cold. Because that page-stuck in the middle of internal correspondence concerning MacArthur's potential promotion to major general-has been withheld from the file under an FOIA exemption concerning national security information someone in government wishes to remain classified. A piece of government paper that is dated November 18th, 1918, and the thing is apparently too secret to reveal a hundred years later. ... I remain curious about this deletion though. What the heck could this blank page possibly contain which has remained classified ever since, for a century?

A couple decades ago I read a magazine article examining the accusation that one of Macs medals for heroism under fire in 1918, was infact cited for a date and time Mac spent the entire day safe in a command bunker. The author was fairly confident he had collaborated this accusation. I have no idea what the truth is here, but Mac made some enemies along the way, and had some very powerful friends as well.

MacArthur was promoted brevet to command a division on 10th November and the war ended on the 11th. By the 22nd we was back to commanding a brigade.

I doubt if there is any mystery behind this missing page - just a general "do not promote anyone the war is over" message

Nah, it definitely isn't that. The hold on postwar promotions wasn't classified. I doubt very much that the missing page contains anything worth keeping secret decades after the fact. My curiosity, regardless, continues unabated.

I mean he did threaten to bomb the fuck out of China during the Korean War which is a retarded thing to say if you ask me.....

But overall I will say he did liberate the Philippines during World War II, so that is a good thing he did.