Non Religious World

Because they are killing over land and resources, not religion. In the past, kings and armies have hidden behind religion to justify wars over land and resources.

There's plenty of other things they can hide behind without religion; legal claims, old grudges, moral justification, cultural chauvinism, and the ever popular claim that the other side started the war.

Wars and genocides don't start because a chief of state belives the nearby countries are inhabitated by infidels that must die. wars start because that king wants to get the resources, strategic positions or power from the nearby countries. And since claiming: "I want to make money by owning the trade route to India" isn't good marketing, he'll just claim: "Kill the infidels! Retake the Holy City! Earn paradaise", and since many people will belive it, they'll go to die there so they can make their king richer.
To fight that you don't need to wipe out religion, you need to wipe out stupidity. If not, you'll get someone claiming "Kill the inferior races! Take our breathing space!" and nothing changes.
Is not that atheism leads to genocides or wars, it's that neither atheism nor religions lead to them. They're just the marketing.

the reason why this all is ASB is that without some sistem of colective superego and real or imaginary treath of punishment it is werry hard to maintain a society of any size or form or impose on any generall population a set of protocols that are to be followed to ensure some constructive behaviour and basic higiene, mental or fisical

at the same time it is not possible for a society of any kind to form without the above mentioned being already inherent in its basic structure

ewentually the living standards and the level of individuall education, as well as the civil state and/or rule of law make the whole religious/ideological sistem as redundant as any other superstition
but for a society to get to this point it really needs such sistems, they are something without wich even the basic expanded family tribe can not function

also belief in unexplainable fenomena and powers as well as construction of sistems of apstract values and beliefs is somehing that happens spontaniously, individually in a persons mind and colectivelly within any given group of humans

so for society to exist without religion, or without heavy ideologies, theistic or atheistic, that would have to be religions in all but name, is more or less like expecting a man to run without a spine, or in other words to hipotesise a man who, once removing his spine, decides to learn how to run

at least before the industrial revolution

also isnt the whole argument that religions cause people to get killed a bit apsurd? i mean many religious people are homicidal assholes, but that shurely has little to do with the fact they are religious, and more with the fact they are human

as i grew up during a time of frequent football related mass violence taking place in front of my own home, coinciding but generally unrelated with a period of ethnic war, i can with some certainty claim that people would be capable of killing each other in large numbers ower the color of shoelaces if no better reason is given them
the claimed reason is genarally irelevant, even if it is belived to be important or holy

Last edited: