Non-Confederate symbols for the South

Eh. Magnolia is more representative of Mississippi, from a Mississippian's (my) point of view. I can imagine the palmetto is the same for South Carolinans. And stay away from diagonals, too Confederate IMHO. So maybe it could be something sort of generically American.

fakeflag-cl1-cl3-us3-us4.png

This with some sort of symbol in the bottom of the left bar, maybe?

Eh. Magnolia is more representative of Mississippi, from a Mississippian's (my) point of view. I can imagine the palmetto is the same for South Carolinans. And stay away from diagonals, too Confederate IMHO. So maybe it could be something sort of generically American.

View attachment 340476

This with some sort of symbol in the bottom of the left bar, maybe?

Eh, little too generic a symbol IMO. Maybe Keperry's flag could work with a palm fond or Southern Live Oak in place of the Magnolia if it's too local of a symbol.

@Troyer IV my personal issue with his "joke" is twofold;

-Too soon of a joke given recent events, especially given the divisiveness of said events, and
-He's not a Southerner, ergo it comes off as intrinsically mean-spirited and can't not be in a tone-free environment like a forum.

Isaac Beach

Banned
I made this very simple flag utilising the Dixie Swamp Rabbit as a wider Southern symbol, though it would probably only work for the Deep South where it's native. Though ironically the colours were taken from the South Carolina flag.

New Southern Flag.png

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Yeah, as a Central Mississippian high schooler, I know a ton of people like that. Hopefully they'll grow out of it lol x'D. But, yeah, not the best joke but I still had a good chuckle.
Gotta' say that I am REALLY tired of having to deal with reports on this "joke". Most folks are not finding the humor in it.

Be an exceptionally good decision to let the triple damned thing drop. Know what I mean?