No Chinese Civil War?

It's weird I wasn't able to find any results for this.

When it comes to the Chinese Civil War, I've read many scenarios: Longer, shorter, a North/South split or a KMT victory.

However, I've not read any where the war is prevented without a (major) pre-WW1/1911 POD. (For example see CCA's Axis China TL)

What is the (absolute) latest imaginable POD that can prevent conflict from breaking out between the two sides?

I was thinking about a different Northern Expedition, especially it's aftermath. With Chiang being less wary of the CPC and their members not being ousted from the KMT, though I'm not sure about how feasible that is as Chiang seemed pretty wary of any threat to his power, no matter how small.
Perhaps less land appropriation by peasants during the expedition would also bring down some of the animosity.

(Note: The idea is for Chiang and Mao to both survive, but without war breaking out between the two sides at some point.

Indeed as you perceive, the POD would need to be quite far back. And a lot of it may depend on Chiang doing certain things or not - does he want to purge the leftist members of the KMT? Does he want to follow through with the Xi'an Incident? Does he want to pursue the Communists in Manchuria?
The main problem, of course, being both our perception of him as someone who would most likely not change his mind either OTL or TTL, and the fact that we simply are not aware of his political and personal life in general. I suppose having deeper insight into Chiang's life can help answer the question.

I see a nationalist China industrializing in the 70s as foreign investors see all the cheap labor. China becomes the economic powerhouse that it is OTL. It would have a middle class that would demand democracy.

Indeed as you perceive, the POD would need to be quite far back. And a lot of it may depend on Chiang doing certain things or not - does he want to purge the leftist members of the KMT? Does he want to follow through with the Xi'an Incident? Does he want to pursue the Communists in Manchuria?
The main problem, of course, being both our perception of him as someone who would most likely not change his mind either OTL or TTL, and the fact that we simply are not aware of his political and personal life in general. I suppose having deeper insight into Chiang's life can help answer the question.

Or, of course, though this is probably ASB, the Marshall Mission actually succeeding.

To be honest, the easiest POD would be killing Jiang and Mao. The GMD is left reeling at the loss of its Generalissimo, while Zhou Enlai easily becomes the new Premier. Peaceful coalitions abound

Or, of course, though this is probably ASB, the Marshall Mission actually succeeding.

To be honest, the easiest POD would be killing Jiang and Mao. The GMD is left reeling at the loss of its Generalissimo, while Zhou Enlai easily becomes the new Premier. Peaceful coalitions abound

At the time it takes for that peaceful coalition to form there'd already be breakaway KMT parties and the Japanese rushing in.