New twist on WWII

Different Trianon treaty.
Hungarian deleguates convince the Entente powers to redo the borders along mainly ethnic lines. So Hungary does not lose 2/3 of its territory. Hungary more stable during the 1930s.
Trying for a stronger Hungary who can resist joining axis.
rough timeline
1920 Trianon treaty signed Hungary lose about 1/2 territory. Hungary can live with new borders so no calls of "nem nem soha" ( no no never).
1921-1929 goverment reforms economy, industry expanded.
1929 wallstreet crash
1930-38 goverment new deal like program puts people to work. Hungarian army rebuilt. Rise of Nazi germany. Hungary tries to form alliance with Czechoslovakia and Poland.
1938 munich crisis. Hungary offers Czech help. Czech goverment feeling betrayed by west accept. Germany backs down
1939 Hungary Czech and Poland signs defensive alliance against nazis. Germany invades Poland and Czechoslovakia.
Got to there and got stuck. Can somebody try to come up with a better timeline.

What about Bela Kun and the Communists? And admiral Horthy? Do the Habsburgs (Karl and Otto) continue to reign there, even if they have no real power?

1920 Trianon treaty signed Hungary lose about 1/2 territory. Hungary can live with new borders so no calls of "nem nem soha" ( no no never).

I think that doesn't really solve anything. Hungarian irredentism was never really just about ethnicity. Of the areas they got back in 1938-1941 only southern Slovakia and the Szeklerland had Hungarian majorities, and Horthy had still wanted more.

Hungary tries to form alliance with Czechoslovakia and Poland.
1938 munich crisis.

Not likely. Hungary and Poland got along very well, I'll give you that. But Hungary's still going to want (northern) Slovakia and Transcarpathia (which Hitler and Mussolini will be glad to offer in exchange for support), while Poland was anything but helpful to Czechoslovakia in OTL.

My idea was basically at Trianon Hungary was told you take what we give you or else. They show them a map of OTL Hungary versus an ATL map were Hungary gets southern Slovakia and northern half of Translyvania and a strip of land to access the adriatic. So the Hungarian ambassador takes ATL map makes a few minor adjustment to save face and signs the treaty. Hungary does not feel as diminished with less land lost so no or less irredentism. Subcarpathia goes to the Cezch as compensation.
With Poland trying to get Hungarian convincing them to help Czechoslovakia.

They show them a map of OTL Hungary versus an ATL map were Hungary gets southern Slovakia and northern half of Translyvania and a strip of land to access the adriatic.

Then they're not redoing the borders along ethnic lines, this arrangement creates an even greater mess in that regard than the one in OTL.

It's also very unlikely given the facts on the ground. Romania had occupied Budapest, Czechoslovakia could do it if needed, and Yugoslavia was firmly established in the south, in fact they could have gotten more territory in the peace (Pecs and Mohacs). As for access to the Adriatic, the only port that could work was Fiume, and that's a double "No way!" because Italy wanted it too.

and in any case to get to Fiume (or Pola or Zara, you name it) Hungary must get from 1/3 to 1/2 of Croatia.

The POD could be convincing the croats to stay with hungarians (the traditional kingdom of Hungary in the Middle Ages), but it will never work

Ok scrap the piece of land to Adriatic idea. Guys I need help with this this is my 1st attempt at a timeline. Could this work with the other changes to Trianon. Trying to get a less right wing Horthy goverment that will side with allies in WWII.

Max, the Hungarians lost WW1, and went from being equal partners in an empire to being one of a few pisspot republics in the area. No disrespect intended: getting their own state was certainly great for Poles, Finns, Czechs, Baltics, you mention them. But the Hungarians lost; and a lot of lands that were not ethically Hungarians but which had been historically Hungarian (Transilvania and Croatia jut to mention the most important) were cut away with the stroke of a pen.

Any surprise they were revanchist? IMHO, it was either that or becoming communist (and there was a communist republic proclaimed in Hungary, btw).
Probably I'd be a revanchist if I were a Hungarian in the 1930s.