Votes: 19 32.8%
  • An Eagle Over The Lion

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Sail The Prussian Blue

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • A New Fleur De Lis

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters
Hey; it's another one of these threads. So i just canceled my old tl due to both loss of interest and the fact I just think it was getting bad (too... France wanky). but i already had a few new ideas. I might revamp it.

Yet Another Roman Empire: What if the Latin Empire were to survive and become something of a power? This would delay the age of exploration due to the weakening of the Turk, and thus allow new powers an earlier shot at overseas expansion.

An Eagle Over The Lion: What if the Spanish armada were successful and able to establish Mary- and catholicism- over England? While no heir would be born from this, there would be far stretching consequences.

Sail The Prussian Blue: Frederick Willhelm wanted to make Brandenburg-Prussia a trading empire and founded several companies for this purpose. What if he were more successful and was able to build a colonial empire?

A New Fleur De Lis: Louis the 16th and Marie Antionette do not flee to Austria, enabling a constitutional monarch and the french revolution in some form... without devastating Europe and facilitating Napoleon's rise to power.

Thoughts? I have some broad stroke ideas for all of these already, especially ANFdL and YARE, but i do want to hear your thoughts.

First, kudos on the Gilbert and Sullivan reference in the third TL. And I would love to see a french TL with Marie Antionette and Louis surviving.

Sail The Prussian Blue is my choice. I have often wondered how the colonial age would have played out with a strong Prussia actively in the mix.