Napoleon's Victory [LONG]

Ooh....what happened in 1982?

I'm guessing Zavtra Russia collapses, probably bringing unrest (perhaps followed by collapse) to Velikslavia and the rump Ottoman Empire. The result is somewhat akin to OTL's Yugoslav Wars but in larger scale.

Either that or France and other Imperial powers get bogged down in a series of decolonization wars in Africa and East Asia.

Keep it up Zach!! I love what have done with the post war world so far!!!

Just a thought: If Godoy secularized Church properties in Southern Lusitania, his successors down the line in the XX century might have a problem with a far-left opposition.

Peculiar question, but... Have jet planes been already invented in this TL ? If so, when were they first put to greater use (whether civilian or military) ?

I think that the Ottoman Empire will fall eventually. It is too much messed up to be brought back together. I think there will be one last world war before Britain is finally annihilated and Russia on its knees. Then we have a USA vs France Cold War.

I think that the Ottoman Empire will fall eventually. It is too much messed up to be brought back together. I think there will be one last world war before Britain is finally annihilated and Russia on its knees. Then we have a USA vs France Cold War.

Ottoman Empire sure, but why would Britain fall? They were allies of France in the SGW.

The Ottoman Empire is going to pretty much die considering what happened to it during the second world war. Why would Britain be annihilated when they were part of the victors in the war against Japan ? I doubt Russia will fall anytime soon. The USA looks to be a regional power in this TL than a world power. They haven't even been shown to be hostile towards France and vice versa so why would they have a cold war ?

OK, it's been fixed, take a look here. I might gradually do the same for the rest of the maps, just in case they start vanishing as well.

You have really done a great job of imagination on this timeline.

I know I am coming several years after your main initial work, but if I may just make a few friendly criticisms, I would point to some contradictions or unrealistic choices, things I would have advised you to do differently.

First of all 1809. You can't realistically have Austria attack France alone on the continent.
If Austria attacked in 1809 of our real TL, it was because more than 250,000 french troops were mobilized in Spain. If you have no spanish quagmire to drain a big chunk of the french manpower, then Austria needs a continental ally.
For such an ally, I would choose Russia who was de facto at war against the polish french allies in 1809 rather than against its theoritical austrian enemies.
This would make a much bigger continental campaign and you could so have a greater Poland restored at the expense of Russia and Austria (Galicia).

Then the peace of 1813. What are the consequences for the UK being invaded ?
Almost none. No lastable change. In fact, the peace you imagined is much closer to a peace among 2 undefeated enemies than to a peace where one of the enemies has been totally defeated.

If the UK was defeated the way you described, it would lose a good part of its empire.
The City and the Crown would face an enormous bankrupcy.
There would probably be an uprising in India.
The french would probably get back Québec as wall as the dutch colonies, and probably not leave Brazil to such a weak Portugal.

You have really done a great job of imagination on this timeline.

I know I am coming several years after your main initial work, but if I may just make a few friendly criticisms, I would point to some contradictions or unrealistic choices, things I would have advised you to do differently.

First of all 1809. You can't realistically have Austria attack France alone on the continent.
If Austria attacked in 1809 of our real TL, it was because more than 250,000 french troops were mobilized in Spain. If you have no spanish quagmire to drain a big chunk of the french manpower, then Austria needs a continental ally.
For such an ally, I would choose Russia who was de facto at war against the polish french allies in 1809 rather than against its theoritical austrian enemies.
This would make a much bigger continental campaign and you could so have a greater Poland restored at the expense of Russia and Austria (Galicia).

Then the peace of 1813. What are the consequences for the UK being invaded ?
Almost none. No lastable change. In fact, the peace you imagined is much closer to a peace among 2 undefeated enemies than to a peace where one of the enemies has been totally defeated.

If the UK was defeated the way you described, it would lose a good part of its empire.
The City and the Crown would face an enormous bankrupcy.
There would probably be an uprising in India.
The french would probably get back Québec as wall as the dutch colonies, and probably not leave Brazil to such a weak Portugal.

I don't know if the French would gain many colonies. Napoleon hated colonies if I recall.

He sold Louisiania because war with the UK was going to start again and he would not be able to keep Lousiana given british naval supremacy.

That's why he sold it to the US.

Otherwise he would have kept Louisiana, even at the cost of a possible war against the young US.

1.36 said:
Napoleon hated colonies if I recall.
Napoleon didn't really hated colonies: on the contrary, he was wishing to develop Louisiana and the French Sugar Islands. However, he had to give up because of the Haïtian Revolution and because the peace of Amiens was going to be broken which would have meant a War with Britain. Napoleon had no navy to protect his American possessions so he sold Louisiana to the US.