Most Serene Commonwealth

OP
Most Serene Commonwealth

This is Maps and Graphics thread of my TL, as I'm (far) better at that than writing and I have done some lately, so I thought I would have in one place, and refine the TL here, before finally posting it in a text form.

(Only loosely related) PODs:
1. Stanisław II August Poniatowski is deposed in 1764, for more conservative and pro-Russian Frederick August I Wettin (Elector of Saxony) avoiding Partitions
2. George Washington dies from injuries in a early battle and American Revolution fails.
3. French Republic loses War of First Coalition and is overthrown in monarchist coup.

Q-BAM map (August 13th, 1912 ITTL) - subject to changes:
qbam-map.png

----- things from other threads: -----​

Last edited:
Why is Ethiopia a Sultanate? And how did some random dead astronaut become a saint?
Polish astronaut became a Saint, basically for propaganda reasons - he was created a martyr of subsequent Great War against Russian Empire (the "bad guys" of ITTL).
Sultanate of Ethiopia is a stupid copycat error of course.

Wait, is that a PLC Colony in Victoria and Tasmania?
It is (also in Gambia, Tobago and OTL German New Guinea).

Am I truly seeing an independent Indian polity in South India? It looks to be Mysore, or perhaps some other state. It's color on the map is unique to it, after all.

I also do wonder how technology advanced to the point that a war can be conducted in space...in the early 20th century.

China's Far West retains its pre-1870 borders. How so? Why did the Russians focus only on seizing Manchuria and placing Mongolia under their Sphere of Influence? How did China end up acquiring Jeju Island?

Last edited:
Polish astronaut became a Saint, basically for propaganda reasons - he was created a martyr of subsequent Great War against Russian Empire (the "bad guys" of ITTL).
Sultanate of Ethiopia is a stupid copycat error of course.

It is (also in Gambia, Tobago and OTL German New Guinea).
Why would the Pope canonize a random guy for war propaganda? Do you realize how big a deal that is?

I do however Pope is leader of Italy, fighting on the same side as Poland and Britain.
Now that’s far-fetched. Throughout its entire thousand-year history, the Papal States has only fought 8 wars that did not involve religion or the country being threatened, and all of them were just between small Italian states in the Middle Ages.