Most aesthetically pleasing armoured vehicle

Kind of a weird question that popped into my head while reading another thread about the Tiger II...

Through all of modern history, what would you consider the most aesthetically pleasing armoured vehicle? You can interpret 'aesthetics' any way you like, but I am pointedly not asking "what do you think was the bestest most awesomest tank in history." I'll open it to experimental vehicles that were never fielded, too. Or give one of each if you like. I won't post a poll, as there are far too many options.

I kind of like the Merkavas. They just look right to me. By God that thing looks like a weapon.

Merkava-Mk4m-whiteback01.jpg

For experimental the American T92- which I just learned about on another thread- looks cool as hell and is my new favorite.

T92.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason I never liked the King Tiger.
I always found Panther I tanks cool though:
maxresdefault.jpg

Honorable mentions to the Tiger I and Leopard 2 as well

The OP answered his own question in his first sentence: Tiger 2.

As for more modern, evil-looking ..... Leopard C1 with its angular turret.

Ooh. That is sleek.

I know, right?!? How about that low-profile turret with two cupolas? It's like a cooler AMX-13.

FWIW the modernized M60 Pattons with reactive armour everywhere always at least looked interesting to me, probably simply because of the visual complexity. (Similarly for all of the Soviet tanks with RA bolted everywhere.) It's got to be an M60A1 though- for the cupola. I'm all over cupolas.

DM-SC-92-03658.jpg

Last edited:
I know, right?!? How about that low-profile turret with two cupolas? It's like a cooler AMX-13.

FWIW the modernized M60 Pattons with reactive armour everywhere always at least looked interesting to me, probably simply because of the visual complexity. (Similarly for all of the Soviet tanks with RA bolted everywhere.) It's got to be an M60A1 though- for the cupola. I'm all over cupolas.

DM-SC-92-03658.jpg
It's like a kid mixed two Airfix kits and some Lego blocks.

ben0628

Banned
I forget the name, but I like the semi-modern Swedish tank that doesn't have a turret.

Also like the us t92

Don Quijote

Banned
Both Leopards are good, although the Leopard 1 is probably nicer to look at. British AFVs have generally been good since the war, but my favourite is the Conqueror heavy tank.
3a5fbf8ea26c37ab727b5293b4530ce2.jpg

I've always quite liked the Panzer III as well - smallish and functional with decent armament, but reasonably good looks too.
latest

As the OP asks for the "look" of things, not their power ... something also ... "swedish", at least it became after WW 1 :
the german "Leichttraktor II"

LK II.jpg

With its long bonnet it ... somehow reminds me on a Jaguar E-Type. :biggrin: