Mexican conquest of Cuba in 1820s

Osman Aga

Banned
Would it be possible for Mexico to conquer Cuba in the 1820s

What would be the impact of this

Would this led to an earlier Mexican-American war

With what navy? Did the Spanish Navy in the West Indies mutinied against Fernando VII?

Unless Mexico enforces to abolish slavery, nothing much. Mexican authorities would hardly be in a position to assert control over Cuba and it would be Mexican in name only.

No earlier than OTL (1846). Seems early enough to me anyway.

With what navy?
Mexico did have a navy at the time led by David Porter but I am not sure how large it was.

In the extremely unlikely event that Mexico has the navy or even the army to successfully conquer and annex Cuba, it almost certainly loses Cuba to the US at some point. Mexico had a difficult time projecting centralized power into it's periphery, so it would undoubtedly have a very hard enforcing it's authority over the Gulf into Cuba.

Mexico had a hard time enforcing authority over the Yucatan, what makes you think they can control territory that far off?

Mexico did have a navy at the time led by David Porter but I am not sure how large it was.

It consisted of one third-rate ship of the line, two brigs and a corvette. Highly doubtful they could support an amphibious invasion against any kind of resistance.