Merrily We Roll Along: A Post-1969 History of Looney Tunes

We'll exciting work on the shorts! Maybe we'll go into the next, TV shows! Maybe Warner Bros. is producing a Tarzan cartoon instead of Filmation. And we'll set Tom and Jerry for primetime as a replacement for Road Runner on ABC. But following the merger craze of Columbia/Tomorrow, maybe Gulf+Western, already owner of Paramount, might buy syndicated television firm National Telefilm Associates (who had distributed the pre-1950 Paramount cartoons to TV, and distributors of It's a Wonderful Life).
  • I actually planned for the Tarzan cartoon To be under WB instead of Filmation!
  • Hmm… who owned NTA in 1975? Did Fox still have a stake?
  • I’m planning for Mad Mad Mad Monsters to replace Road Runner

• I actually planned for the Tarzan cartoon To be under WB instead of Filmation!
  • Hmm… who owned NTA in 1975? Did Fox still have a stake?
  • I’m planning for Mad Mad Mad Monsters to replace Road Runner
1. OK.
2. OTL NTA was in independent ownership. Fox lost its take in the 60s. (Paramount didn't buy NTA/Republic until 1999 OTL, here TTL that's many years early).
3. OK.

Well @Tacomaster, ABC will air new MGM/H-B cartoons under The Tom & Jerry Show. But The Road Runner Show will migrate to CBS after one year on ABC primetime. But by the way National Telefilm Associates ITTL was owned independently by Donald Havens Jr. and a group of shareholders (Fox used to be a participant, but lost its stake in the 60s), and might eye a sale to Gulf+Western, who owns competing syndie outlet Paramount Television Sales.

Well @Tacomaster, ABC will air new MGM/H-B cartoons under The Tom & Jerry Show. But The Road Runner Show will migrate to CBS after one year on ABC primetime. But by the way National Telefilm Associates ITTL was owned independently by Donald Havens Jr. and a group of shareholders (Fox used to be a participant, but lost its stake in the 60s), and might eye a sale to Gulf+Western, who owns competing syndie outlet Paramount Television Sales.
Stop saying it “will” happen, it won’t unless I say it will

Actually, Chuck will be involved in the film ITTL, alongside Friz and Robert. This time, Clampett will be the one complaining about the film, alongside Tex Avery.

To elaborate, ITTL it’s JONES who takes most of the credit for Bugs, as well as his interpretation of Daffy, while Freleng takes credit for Tweety. Avery is only mentioned in passing (with the closest thing to a focus being McKimson calling Avery the creator of Daffy when discussing the newer version of Daffy), and Clampett wasn’t mentioned at all, which McKimson later stated was due to Jones refusing to work on the film or allow any of his shorts or his created characters to be mentioned (in addition to the then-still popular Road Runner, this included Elmer Fudd in his present, post Egghead state). None of Avery’s nor Clampett’s cartoons are shown. This understandably upsets Tex and Clampett, who are very vocal in calling him out. This then results in Jones’ infamous “list of grievances”/smear campaign against Clampett, but this time including Avery in the whole ordeal. Like IOTL, McKimson and ITTL Freleng have to refute these claims, souring the relationship between Jones and the rest of the WB studio.

@Tacomaster But great work! But maybe ABC's Uncle Croc's Block has been possibly butterflied, so there will be better versions of Fraidy Cat, Wacky & Packy and M*U*S*H from Filmation/Paramount, so does NBC's The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty.

Hmm...

If Warner Bros. does enter into an agreement with Toei, and Mazinger Z is among the properties hopping a boat to the U.S. as a result, this could cause ripples down the road...

With Warner Bros. Toei's partner in the U.S., Great Mazinger and Getter Robo won't be far behind, which means no Ronin Warriors or Starvengers as we know them. This is going to cause fierce butterflies involving Marvel-Sunbow and the partnership of Hasbro and Takara in the creation of a certain famous robotic toy franchise of the Eighties, with reverberations felt today...

I wonder, what if, say, Jay Ward Productions, looking for hits of their own, starts sniffing around the Land of the Rising Sun, and especially Toei's rivals Sunrise and Tatsunoko, looking for the next big hit after George of the Jungle and Dudley Do-Right, and discovers, say, Combattler V and Voltes V, rewrites the dialogue scripts to make them two halves of the same series, and thereby turns them collectively into a big hit on this side of the pond that jumpstarts the Eighties Mecha Explosion three of four years early. It could be Jay Ward Productions' biggest hit since Rocky and Bullwinkle. Then, with executive producer Nagahama Todao having bought the farm, Jay Ward turns to the next project of Nagahama's understudy, one Tomino Yoshiyuki, and his idea of a young boy falling into the cockpit of a cutting edge prototype on the eve of war in space...

And of course, even more interesting will be the concepts of American studios like Filmation, Freling-DePattie, Ruby-Spears, and Hanna-Barberra that are inspired by these developments...

Sorry if I haven't kept track of this thread lately. What's going on?
BTW, welcome back, OldNavy! I didn't even know you followed this thread briefly!
Hmm...

If Warner Bros. does enter into an agreement with Toei, and Mazinger Z is among the properties hopping a boat to the U.S. as a result, this could cause ripples down the road...

With Warner Bros. Toei's partner in the U.S., Great Mazinger and Getter Robo won't be far behind, which means no Ronin Warriors or Starvengers as we know them. This is going to cause fierce butterflies involving Marvel-Sunbow and the partnership of Hasbro and Takara in the creation of a certain famous robotic toy franchise of the Eighties, with reverberations felt today...

I wonder, what if, say, Jay Ward Productions, looking for hits of their own, starts sniffing around the Land of the Rising Sun, and especially Toei's rivals Sunrise and Tatsunoko, looking for the next big hit after George of the Jungle and Dudley Do-Right, and discovers, say, Combattler V and Voltes V, rewrites the dialogue scripts to make them two halves of the same series, and thereby turns them collectively into a big hit on this side of the pond that jumpstarts the Eighties Mecha Explosion three of four years early. It could be Jay Ward Productions' biggest hit since Rocky and Bullwinkle. Then, with executive producer Nagahama Todao having bought the farm, Jay Ward turns to the next project of Nagahama's understudy, one Tomino Yoshiyuki, and his idea of a young boy falling into the cockpit of a cutting edge prototype on the eve of war in space...

And of course, even more interesting will be the concepts of American studios like Filmation, Freling-DePattie, Ruby-Spears, and Hanna-Barberra that are inspired by these developments...
Jay Ward will eventually ally with WGC in this timeline