Medieval Map IV

This, in the tradition of the other map threads, is dedicated to Super55 (or Hermy as I like to call him). I admit that I am a crappy map maker- not along the talented as Diamond- but I like to do spin off maps from one main map. This is the main map and anyone who cares to disagree with it can make better ones.

HAVAT!

map of europe.PNG

I hate this machine. It doesn't have .png. All it has is the rest of the .jpg and so on. Grr....

Note: the *Southern Horde is "mini-hordes" (in translation) to counteract the European Powers in the vicinity. The Crusader States are holding up although are being eroded away by a re-surgent Byzantium (now called Constantinople), Sejuk of Rum, and Persia. Incidently the Polish have re-gained independence and are currently fighting to liberate what was their former homeland (to the south).

later.jpg

Medievalmap.jpg

Light Blue: The United Kingdom of Scotland, Ireland, and Naples.
Blue: Kingdom of France
Light Grey: Duchy of Brittany
Yellow: Kingdom of Wales
Orange: Kingdom of England
Dark Grey: Kingdom or Aragon and the Acquitaine.
Dark Yellow: Kingdom of Iberia.
Dark Blue: Kingdom of Croatia.
Red: Union of Kalmar
Bright Blue: Khanate of the Golden Horde
Green: Kingdom of Poland
Brown: Grand Duchy of Lithuania
Purple: Byzantine Empire
Dark Orange: Papal States
Light Brown: Holy Roman Empire
Light Yellow: Republic of Venice
Blue-Green: Kingdom of Hungary

AAH! :eek: MY EYES!

Seriously...could you put a little more work into them? A little patience and some work done while zoomed in, along with sensible color choices, can really improve the way the maps look...and spare my poor, poor eyes...

Romulus Augustulus said:
AAH! :eek: MY EYES!

Seriously...could you put a little more work into them? A little patience and some work done while zoomed in, along with sensible color choices, can really improve the way the maps look...and spare my poor, poor eyes...

which one? Chengars? i'm a bit more disturbed buy the united kingdom of Scotland Ireland and Naples.

Scarecrow said:
I'm a bit more disturbed buy the united kingdom of Scotland Ireland and Naples.

Yes, that rather bizzare combination was directly inspired by a game of Crusader Kings I was playing as Scotland, when I suddenly noticed that my king was third in line to inherit Naples. Shortly after I noticed this the two people in front of the Scottish King in the order of succession would die mysteriously; one was crushed by crippling depression and committed suicide by shooting himself in the back with a crossbow, three times. The other accidently fell out of an open window and onto several daggers. Tragic really... ;)

I'll grant it was a bizzare combination, but not any stranger than some of those that historically happened.

This is based on a map of Civilization that I posted awhile ago (I had hoped that someone would do something with it at the time)

A game Europe.PNG