Medieval Carthage, the story

1715326544229.png

NOTE: This is my first post on AltHistory forums

This story goes back to a long time ago, during Roman times (264–146 BC). During this time there existed the nation of Carthage, which, as everyone knows, lost the war. However, I am not retelling history, I am remaking history. In this universe, Carthage got defeated. However, the Romans didn't get a chance to set their influence in Carthage due to an event I will call the Mediteranian Storms, where as the name suggests, The Mediteranian Sea was the subject of many storms which stopped maritimal traffic for a few years.

Because of this event, Romans never got to romanizing the Carthage provency, thus, Carthage never was the African Main province of Rome. Carthage was still under Roman goverment, but the people were happy after the goverment had a mercenary war.

In the year 1234 however, Carthage was no longer under Roman rule. They were under Hasfid rule. For the purposes of this telling, the Hasfids have to deal with the people of Carthage rebelling against their rule, and through political schemeing and other fishy bussines, Carthage manages to claim their rightful land from the Hasfids.s

Picture this: you are an italian state in the year 1234, and across the Mediteranian you hear news of a new country forming, one that is opposed in religion yet holds power.
The Sicilian State was the first one taking initiative. After all, they were the closest to Carthage. Just like in Roman Times, They were both separated by religion, one being Christian and the other Islamic.

Thus, begins The Siciliano-Carthaginian war of 1234 which ends in the year 1237.
The politics of how this war started are simple: Carthage claimed a bit of Sardinia, and the Sicilian King, Frederick II , saw this act as treason because they wanted to have all the power in the Mediteranian. So, he declared war under the casus belli of Carthage "attacking" Sicilian land.

The war was long and very bloody, with many casualties unfolding, boats sinking to the bottoms of the sea and tension building up in the Italian states

I will continue this story with the war. This is sort of the sneak peak of the world. Please give me feedback on how I could improve my writing and etc, and see you when I finish this story