Mass Effect/COD: Infinite Warfare crossover

So what is everyone opinion a Mass Effect/Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare crossover?

I am not likely going to buy it due to RL commitments so I watched some playthroughs on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4vbGURud_Hp0aCKDPMeH4XNTCE8NxNBC
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTcoRMwrX2DhWNL1UJ5iMfcKuQpoJqb1w

Surprisingly, the setting was really interesting but I think the creators really missed an opportunity to make good use of it.
I was of the opinion that there is a great potential for a crossover between Infinite warfare and mass effect. considering the space setting and futuristic weapons.
What does everyone else think?

I think one possible scenario is that after the war, the two sides unite under the banner of the systems alliance and expand outside our solar system and meet with the Citadel races?
In this type of crossover, Earth and Mars will likely become the two mother worlds of the human race.

What would be the differences in tech between the Citadel races and Infinite Warfare humanity?
How would they match up if they had a hostile first contact?

What if IW humanity discovered a difference method of FTL tech or Mass effect technology that allowed them to travel and spread throughout the solar system and meet with the Citadel races?

Last edited:
The SDF would likely go into the Terminus Systems to escape the UNSA. Actually... that would be a rather fascinating timeline to read, the SDF essentially playing the role of Cerberus, but with the resources and manpower of a functioning nation state.

Well, humanity has a "slow FTL" with the slipdrive that was developed entirely independent of mass effect technology, even if it does seem to be more dangerous. That's going to have the Council's scientific community asking questions.

Humanity seems to have stumbled into a lot of the "basics" of galactic society without ME tech, even doing better in some areas. Superior (and weaponized!) antigrav, energy weapons... It might make the Council a bit embarrassed of their technological semi-stagnation. OTOH, the Council's going to be weirded out by the extensive mechanization of human armed forces, though even Ethan's situation re true sentience is ambiguous, so it's likely not an actionable caucus belli.