Maps from OTL

Hello. Here I post maps that are correspondent to our timeline, the one we live on.

So the first map is from Asia, in September 2, 1945, at the end of World War 2.

2 september.png

Neat map, but is there a key?
Okay, let me give you a key:
Pink is for Britain.
Red is the USSR.
Orange is the remnants of Azad Hind, the CCP, and the Dutch East Indies (sorry for the same color palette).
The green in Burma is the Burmese State (or at least what is left).
Purple is the People's Republic of Korea.
Blue is Nationalist China.
Dark blue are warlords.
The purple in Java is Indonesia.
In Indochina, there is Laos, Cambodia, and the State of Vietnam and the Viet Minh.
The green in China is the remnants of the Japanese puppet government.
And the Japanese are pretty much scattered throughout Southeast Asia.

Okay, let me give you a key:
Pink is for Britain.
Red is the USSR.
Orange is the remnants of Azad Hind, the CCP, and the Dutch East Indies (sorry for the same color palette).
The green in Burma is the Burmese State (or at least what is left).
Purple is the People's Republic of Korea.
Blue is Nationalist China.
Dark blue are warlords.
The purple in Java is Indonesia.
In Indochina, there is Laos, Cambodia, and the State of Vietnam and the Viet Minh.
The green in China is the remnants of the Japanese puppet government.
And the Japanese are pretty much scattered throughout Southeast Asia.
If there are any errors, I'll thank it so much.

If there are any errors, I'll thank it so much.
Was the People’s Republic of Korea a thing at this point? While I think a committee to form its government was in the works by September 2nd, the PRK itself wasn’t formed until the 12th and I want to say that all of Korea was officially under its control upon its formation. I could totally be wrong though, as this isn’t a realm of expertise for me.

Hello. Here I post maps that are correspondent to our timeline, the one we live on.

So the first map is from Asia, in September 2, 1945, at the end of World War 2.

View attachment 628991
Neat!!! One thing though. I assume those other two pink Islands off the coast of India are Maldives and Lakdiv islands apart from Ceylon. In reality they are relatively tiny just like the Andaman Islands to the east compared to island of Ceylon ( Sri Lanka).

Was the People’s Republic of Korea a thing at this point? While I think a committee to form its government was in the works by September 2nd, the PRK itself wasn’t formed until the 12th and I want to say that all of Korea was officially under its control upon its formation. I could totally be wrong though, as this isn’t a realm of expertise for me
Also, even if their was a 'North' and 'South' Korea by then- they were divided along the 38th parallel, the border on this map looks much closer to current border