Mapping Question, should Austria's autonomous cities be shown on equal footing to their districts?

I'm working on my own Atlas project and while doing Austria, I decided "Why not, let's also do the third level subdivisions". This has resulted in my search for the districts of the various Austrian Crown lands, some were easy, others not.

While working on the County of Tyrol, I noticed that five cities: Innsbruck , Bolzano , Rovereto and Trento, were marked as autonomous. Someone who better knows Austrian administration, should I mark these cities on the atlas, or are they not considered on the same levels as the districts in Tyrol.

I'm working on my own Atlas project and while doing Austria, I decided "Why not, let's also do the third level subdivisions". This has resulted in my search for the districts of the various Austrian Crown lands, some were easy, others not.

While working on the County of Tyrol, I noticed that five cities: Innsbruck , Bolzano , Rovereto and Trento, were marked as autonomous. Someone who better knows Austrian administration, should I mark these cities on the atlas, or are they not considered on the same levels as the districts in Tyrol.

Yes, if you're showing the Bezirke borders then each 'autonome Städt' should be treated as its own Bezirk. Autonomous denotes complete administrative autonomy from the Bezirk, by way of being granted the same political powers as a Bezirk, so functionally and legally they're at the same level of subdivision.

Yes, if you're showing the Bezirke borders then each 'autonome Städt' should be treated as its own Bezirk. Autonomous denotes complete administrative autonomy from the Bezirk, by way of being granted the same political powers as a Bezirk, so functionally and legally they're at the same level of subdivision.

Thanks, wish I got that before I finished the map; will probably just update it some time in the future