Map Thread XXII

Are there any base maps depicting higher sea level rises?
I have one that I made for 20 meters of sea level rise, but that is all I know of.
OTL Worlda Blank 20m Sea Level Rise.png

Probably last of the Homo maps for the time.
This time mankind had enough stability and time to establish their greatest civilisations till the much later age of the industrial new world colonisation.
Yeah, OTL Rome-China analog, very creative I know.

But I wanted to use 2 distinct colours for the two grand civilisations. For the one of Homo occidentus, we have the Carthage like civilisation from the previous maps conquer and vassalising the rest of the Med. Including a personal union with this worlds Egypt. With it's power, this thalassocracy even managed to find new virgin lands in the great ocean of the west.
Also includes an explosion of small realms in Europe as well as the human population growing, with tribes moving to the sparse stone age lands up north.
The empires in Iran and India meanwhile imploded, giving the only other occidentus civilisation on the Indus it's time to shine the brightest. Although it's now bordering the grand empire of the east...
In South Arabia, a trade empire, respectable in it's own right formed.

In what is OTL the Tarim basin, an orientus tribe, slowly but surely though royal marriages and 6/6/6 dice roles, took over what is OTL northern China. Establishing a grand empire in it's own. Like the one in the west, having a bunch of small vassals around it.
In OTL south east Asia, the newest and only orientus thalassocracy formed, causing a sea migration of orientus into the great ocean lying in the east. With it's colonies even reaching Australia. Also we have floresiensis slaves mass breed for all kinds of reasons in the south east asian thalassocracy...

This is the first time since the first attempts of civilisations started, that Eurasia and north Africa are connected... and with the future estalishments of the australus trade kingdoms of East Africa, the Old World globalisation shall begin.

But that's a story for another time perhaps....
1706228545345.png

Last edited:
My take on TL-191, though without some of the usual tropes that are usually found in it. Current year is 1940.

I have the US staying neutral in this timeline's WW1, with no interest in getting involved in Europe, and with its later generations having given up on reunification with the South. I also have an Entente Victory, because Central Powers victories are cliches by this point.

Final TL 191.png

Why is North Yemen, notoriously mountainous, a direct French colony, and what is the Japanese China?

Well, I was too lazy to distinguish between different types of French holdings. It does not make a difference in the map anyways (as opposed to British holdings, where there is a difference between Home Rule, colonies, and sphere-of-influence).

Anyways there should be a degree of arbitrariness in drawing ATL colonial maps, just as there was in OTL.

The Japanese China is a breakaway Chinese state under Japanese influence.

Probably last of the Homo maps for the time.
This time mankind had enough stability and time to establish their greatest civilisations till the much later age of the industrial new world colonisation.
Yeah, OTL Rome-China analog, very creative I know.

But I wanted to use 2 distinct colours for the two grand civilisations. For the one of Homo occidentus, we have the Carthage like civilisation from the previous maps conquer and vassalising the rest of the Med. Including a personal union with this worlds Egypt. With it's power, this thalassocracy even managed to find new virgin lands in the great ocean of the west.
Also includes an explosion of small realms in Europe as well as the human population growing, with tribes moving to the sparse stone age lands up north.
The empires in Iran and India meanwhile imploded, giving the only other occidentus civilisation on the Indus it's time to shine the brightest. Although it's now bordering the grand empire of the east...
In South Arabia, a trade empire, respectable in it's own right formed.

In what is OTL the Tarim basin, an orientus tribe, slowly but surely though royal marriages and 6/6/6 dice roles, took over what is OTL northern China. Establishing a grand empire in it's own. Like the one in the west, having a bunch of small vassals around it.
In OTL south east Asia, the newest and only orientus thalassocracy formed, causing a sea migration of orientus into the great ocean lying in the east. With it's colonies even reaching Australia. Also we have floresiensis slaves mass breed for all kinds of reasons in the south east asian thalassocracy...

This is the first time since the first attempts of civilisations started, that Eurasia and north Africa are connected... and with the future estalishments of the australus trade kingdoms of East Africa, the Old World globalisation shall begin.

But that's a story for another time perhaps....
View attachment 884003
a Neanderthal Carthage-like Thalassocracy.... sounds great!
Also, do these three "Humanityes" even recognize each other as "humans"?

????
I can see the Netherlands and Indonesia sharing a monarch, in the sense that the UK and Canada do, but I can't see any post-colonial situation in which they are united enough to be counted as a single nation.
its less of them being a singular nation, and more a factor of federations being more common in ttl (like the Commonwealth of Nations and the Nordic Federation, as well as the elephant in the room of the USSR); each of the nations are *technically* independent (E.G: Netherlands, Suriname, the Caribbean nations, and Indonesia), although that's only in the case of UN representation, with them sharing a common law and foreign policy outlook. It's succeeded in most places, although former Nigeria and Burma are prime examples against it for its opponents.

its less of them being a singular nation, and more a factor of federations being more common in ttl (like the Commonwealth of Nations and the Nordic Federation, as well as the elephant in the room of the USSR); each of the nations are *technically* independent (E.G: Netherlands, Suriname, the Caribbean nations, and Indonesia), although that's only in the case of UN representation, with them sharing a common law and foreign policy outlook. It's succeeded in most places, although former Nigeria and Burma are prime examples against it for its opponents.
OK, but a "federation" of two states, one Christian and with 16 million inhabitants and one majority Muslim, probably substantially poorer, with around 40 million people, on opposite sides of the planet, still strikes me as a bit odd. Did Commies take over the rest of Indonesia and the "federation" is something of a political tripline vs irredentist attacks?

OK, but a "federation" of two states, one Christian and with 16 million inhabitants and one majority Muslim, probably substantially poorer, with around 40 million people, on opposite sides of the planet, still strikes me as a bit odd. Did Commies take over the rest of Indonesia and the "federation" is something of a political tripline vs irredentist attacks?
the federation was essentially a compromise between the 3 sides of the Indonesian War (the dutch, the full independence wanters, and the autonomy -> gradual independence wanters), after a near-unbreakable stalemate, in which Sumatra and Java would immediately gain independence, and the other parts would vote on whether to join them, become autonomous, or form a new country. There *is* one planned for '88 to see where the people stand, but with the RoI being.. less than ideal in terms of human rights and democracy, its expected to remain in a status quo (the RoI is under a Corporatist Military Junta, closely tied to Brazil, which most inhabitants of the ARoI are not fond of)