Map Thread XXII

I mean if you're going to *only* post others' work, you could at least copy paste the info when someone asks.
Yet another point to add to the long list of reasons we shouldn't allow links to Reddit, DeviantArt, and other sites' maps that were not created by the AH.com poster posting it.

View attachment 883753

2024 in a bronze age world dominated by Homo sapiens (Homo australus), Neanderthal (Homo occidentus) and Denisova (Homo orientus).
Some of the big changes are no human presence in the Americas, Madagascar, New Zealand, Iceland and the Arctic islands.
Also no horses. So the plains have bigger changes for civilization without fast nomads on horses.
I noticed that I probably put a bit too much into Europe. But it has nice climate and a good amount of nice river deltas.
Are people still at a tribal level? If so do you have a reason why?
This looks like a good scenario for a scifi/fantasy book.

Are people still at a tribal level? If so do you have a reason why?
This looks like a good scenario for a scifi/fantasy book.
Well the darker spots are big civilizations, or rather multiple civilisations border each other.
There are bigger cultures (Imagine pre Roman Celts) in the lighter areas near civilisations or in good isolated places, as well as strong city states that are simply to small to really show in the map.
Although calling it an bronze age is a bit misleading. They are using iron as well. It's just that copper and bronze are also still used.
Imagine more the "aesthetic" of the bronze age remaining.

Outside of that, the homos are still tribal. Although not in a horse nomadic style. More like slow migrating settlements who rotate between lands and sometimes into new areas.
And for a reason... civilisation just had worse luck as well as slower means of global knowledge to spread.

Well the darker spots are big civilizations, or rather multiple civilisations border each other.
There are bigger cultures (Imagine pre Roman Celts) in the lighter areas near civilisations or in good isolated places, as well as strong city states that are simply to small to really show in the map.
Although calling it an bronze age is a bit misleading. They are using iron as well. It's just that copper and bronze are also still used.
Imagine more the "aesthetic" of the bronze age remaining.
I see. Are the relations between people hostile, disinterested, or mild curiosity? Is there a reason why they remained at such levels of technology the lack of horses or are there other reasons?
If so do they still have other domesticated animals and plants are things limited to a small number of species?

Outside of that, the homos are still tribal. Although not in a horse nomadic style. More like slow migrating settlements who rotate between lands and sometimes into new areas.
And for a reason... civilisation just had worse luck as well as slower means of global knowledge to spread.
I understand it's pretty cool. Although I do find funny referring to the multiple species as "the homos".

1706153445775.png

Another quick map I made. Tried to make this one a little bit better and prettier than my last couple.

Another quick map I made. Tried to make this one a little bit better and prettier than my last couple.
Napoleonic victory right?, also I hope that ITTL, the Greeks and Albanians know how to co-exist together in a single state, or that Albanians have a large amount of self-determination and autonomy in this Kingdom of Greece, I hope.

Also gives me flashbacks to the Gomberg Map, where Greece annexed Albania because reasons.

Napoleonic victory right?, also I hope that ITTL, the Greeks and Albanians know how to co-exist together in a single state, or that Albanians have a large amount of self-determination and autonomy in this Kingdom of Greece, I hope.

Also gives me flashbacks to the Gomberg Map, where Greece annexed Albania because reasons.
Yep it is Napoleonic victory. Epirus would be an autonomous region of Kingdom of Greece, how well they get along is most likely another story. Idea for the Balkans was Napoleon doing some nationmaking after the end of the coalition wars.

I see. Are the relations between people hostile, disinterested, or mild curiosity? Is there a reason why they remained at such levels of technology the lack of horses or are there other reasons?
If so do they still have other domesticated animals and plants are things limited to a small number of species?

I understand it's pretty cool. Although I do find funny referring to the multiple species as "the homos".
They mostly view each other as other humans, so there mixed species people. Although it seems like that interbreeding didn't succeed equally with gender.
Especially the Indus Valley civilisation is mixed. As well as the fertile cressent.

Reason for the lack of advancements are simply because I like to imagine the modern year which only had gotten into bronze/iron age.

Also wanted to Show some alternate places of civilisation. There are more diverse domesticated plants and animals, it's just that they stay more in their origin places. Outside of the Med, Egypt, Balkans and Volga, there is very few exchanges of ideas and people.

It's all homo under the Homos.

We also have small remains of the Homo floresiensis and Paranthropus robustus on Earth.

View attachment 883820

Nice visual style!
Also, I like to see another Napoleonic victory, though it´s so common scenario, you came here with some new ideas I like.
On he other hand, there are things I don´t understand or don´t like (independent Flanders? while France keeps Liguria and even Parma? Galicia as a part of independent Hungary, next to Poland? Also not sure, how long could stay Macedonia Ottoman, in this scenario... maybe it would be better to let part of Albania also Ottoman? on the other hand, from the perspective of period, Albania annexed to Greece made a sense, with all that strong hellenophilia, while muslim Albanians may be seen as a bunch of heathen barbarians*)
* yeah yeah, I know, lord Byron, but I think that most people at that times prefer Greeks, heck, maybe even didn´t know there are some Albanians

Nice visual style!
Also, I like to see another Napoleonic victory, though it´s so common scenario, you came here with some new ideas I like.
On he other hand, there are things I don´t understand or don´t like (independent Flanders? while France keeps Liguria and even Parma? Galicia as a part of independent Hungary, next to Poland? Also not sure, how long could stay Macedonia Ottoman, in this scenario... maybe it would be better to let part of Albania also Ottoman? on the other hand, from the perspective of period, Albania annexed to Greece made a sense, with all that strong hellenophilia, while muslim Albanians may be seen as a bunch of heathen barbarians*)
* yeah yeah, I know, lord Byron, but I think that most people at that times prefer Greeks, heck, maybe even didn´t know there are some Albanians
Flanders isn't independent supposed to be like an automomous constituent part of the French empire (the border color is lighter in those regions) but yeah it's definitely not clear probably should have done a border around those regions in blue.

Adding Galicia to Poland would make sense and something Napoleon probably would have done if he dismantled the Habsburgs.

I think Macedonia would probably be independent or join Greece in the future but hasn't yet. I am thinking of possibly doing a balkan war map. Maybe a neo-byzantine empire is in the future ;).

At long last.
Monke 2, with even more Homo action! (Lots of borders borrowed and inspired by the OTL worlda maps duo to me being an uncreative and lazy fuck)
1706200743198.png

Deep dark colours indicate great powers of this world's ancient times.
Dark colours indicate advanced states with defined rulership (somewhat borders) and partaking in their regional civilisation.
Medium colours indicate somewhat high populated areas as well as tribes and semi advanced tribes/ city states/ migrating nations (no borders outside of city states)
Light colours indicate very sparsely populated by humans or regions populated by very primitive people (stone age hunter gatherers for example)

At long last.
Monke 2, with even more Homo action! (Lots of borders borrowed and inspired by the OTL worlda maps duo to me being an uncreative and lazy fuck)
View attachment 883937

Deep dark colours indicate great powers of this world's ancient times.
Dark colours indicate advanced states with defined rulership (somewhat borders) and partaking in their regional civilisation.
Medium colours indicate somewhat high populated areas as well as tribes and semi advanced tribes/ city states/ migrating nations (no borders outside of city states)
Light colours indicate very sparsely populated by humans or regions populated by very primitive people (stone age hunter gatherers for example)
What level of inter-species mixing is going on? I don't just mean interbreeding, but general living together.

Like, those North African spots seem ripe for Neanderthal/"Modern human" mixed societies, or the Silk Road and the Indo-Gangetic plain for Neanderthal/Denisovan mixing.

What level of inter-species mixing is going on? I don't just mean interbreeding, but general living together.

Like, those North African spots seem ripe for Neanderthal/"Modern human" mixed societies, or the Silk Road and the Indo-Gangetic plain for Neanderthal/Denisovan mixing.
Indeed, the North African coast, holy land and the Indus region are highly mixed.

In my mind, the 3 human species really don't see the other as non humans, but simply race, tribe, people, just like they would view others from the species.

North Africa became a Neanderthal colony. With some mixed Homo sapiens and sapiens vassals to the south.
The Indus meanwhile can be best described as a Neanderthal-Denisova mixed culture dominated by the original Neanderthal culture.

2024_01_25_0o1_Kleki.png

If one were to look at Guatemala in the modern day, you would see a beacon of progress. Shining cities, a modern, Prussian military, and an assertive, powerful government. Of course, if you were to peel back the veneer that is modern Guatemala, you would find a much different story. Endemic corruption, rigged elections, and an "Empress" so gluttonous as to make Farouk of Egypt blush. International observers rank Guatemala poorly in most metrics, however political stability is strong (mainly due to the jailing of anyone who would so much as think about opposing Imperial rule.)

Last edited:
Indeed, the North African coast, holy land and the Indus region are highly mixed.

In my mind, the 3 human species really don't see the other as non humans, but simply race, tribe, people, just like they would view others from the species.

North Africa became a Neanderthal colony. With some mixed Homo sapiens and sapiens vassals to the south.
The Indus meanwhile can be best described as a Neanderthal-Denisova mixed culture dominated by the original Neanderthal culture.
Harry Turtledove's "In the Bottomlands" also had humans and neanderthals co-existing, although the Middle East was also human and there were large human states in a green Sahara.