Map Thread XXII

Alterra_Blank_WestHalf.png

Alterra_Blank_EastHalf.png

Someone asked me by PM if they could use the elevations on my map to create their own. This made me think he might not be the only one, so I went ahead and made a blank map version of it.

You'll sadly have to assemble it on your own since the file is too big for me to post in one go. The whole map is 8192x4096 in total, and I've divided into two 4096x4096 halves to make it easier to assemble the blank map.

Anyway, feel free to use it.

EDIT: Just one thing. If you can, try not to copy the original map I posted a few pages ago. Make your own work, it'll be more unique.

Last edited:
alternate history travel guides
I still like looking back through them sometimes, even if most of them are of dubious plausibility and a couple are actually offensive to me.

I was actually working on a cover of the "Puritan" one but it was lost when my old computer was stolen. (Don't leave expensive stuff unsupervised, even in front of security cameras)
Mongols succeed in conquering Japan
The similar colours make me keep thinking it's a Spanish Empire.
Naturally Christians immigrated as well but in New Zealand (not shown on this map) natural paganism is still a plurality.
Like so?
1702147219314.png

I still like looking back through them sometimes, even if most of them are of dubious plausibility and a couple are actually offensive to me.

I was actually working on a cover of the "Puritan" one but it was lost when my old computer was stolen. (Don't leave expensive stuff unsupervised, even in front of security cameras)

The similar colours make me keep thinking it's a Spanish Empire.

Like so?
Yeah, something like that! If I was doing the whole world, though, I'd chuck in the North American ex-colonies, African and Asian ex-colonies, and so on, but I just threw the map together for a bit of a laugh.

Following this up because I really should've just finished the lore instead of getting lazy: The background for Southeast Asia in Giant Canada World.

k739coablp7.png

China is obviously the big surly boy in this region.
Penang's lore says that it has Governor-General representing the British monarch but it is labelled as a republic. What's going on there?

Before you Download​

product-logo

Data Shield for Chrome™​

Click continue to go to the Chrome Web Store and install our Chrome Extension. This extension modifies your default search provider to use our custom safe web search, blocks dangerous pages, and protects your searches.

Seriously, what is this? I was trying to get paint.net and it's insisting on my first downloading something else which will mess with my settings. That does not bring me any joy.

Are you trying to get it from this page? Because I'm not seeing that at my end.

Source: u/Leviawhale
Most well known countries per Sporcle

IMG_0087.png

Assuming everything above 70% - the cream colour that includes Thailand- is general knowledge, can this be used for wanks focusing on well known countries (and maybe including a couple stateless peoples like the Kurds, Tibetans, the Tuareg, the Zulus, Assyrians and so on)?

95-100%: Canada, US, Russia, China, Mexico
90-95%: Brazil, India, Australia, Spain, France, Germany, Britain

Last edited:

Morocco before colonization: the Sultanate in the 19th century.​

6exu4can8h5c1.png

The first map of a series I've been thinking about, on North Africa's countries before colonization OTL.

Last edited:
View attachment 874189
View attachment 874190
Someone asked me by PM if they could use the elevations on my map to create their own. This made me think he might not be the only one, so I went ahead and made a blank map version of it.

You'll sadly have to assemble it on your own since the file is too big for me to post in one go. The whole map is 8192x4096 in total, and I've divided into two 4096x4096 halves to make it easier to assemble the blank map.

EDIT: Just one thing. If you can, try not to copy the original map I posted a few pages ago. Make your own work, it'll be more unique.

Thanks, dude!

Here's a preview of what I've got so far:

Alterra - Copy.png

(Yes, I am paranoid about accidentally pasting over the alternate geography.)

View attachment 874189
View attachment 874190

Thanks. I don't know if I will make a map myself, but I love this alternate geography map.

More generally: Do you think an independent Doggerland has potential to be a colonising power in the Age of Exploration and Colonisation?