Map Thread XXII

3ozghseofwo41.png

*Screams in British*

Map Argentina 2064 with legend latest upload_pages-to-jpg-0001 recortado.jpg

Argentina in 2064 is characterized by fratricidal conflict. Twenty years have passed since the anarchy, but Argentina doesn't seem to be anywhere near recovering from the crisis. In 2063 the country saw several major offensives by many of the competing powers.

The Southern National Government liberated half of the province of Mendoza from the warlord Dionisio, their victory was however soured by a minor offensive by the Corporate mercenaries who now threaten to capture the cradle of the Southern National Government, Viedma. The capital has been moved to the much more defensible San Carlos de Bariloche.

The Corporate Board saw success not only in their minor southern offensive but also in their main offensive towards Cordoba, if not for the Syndicalist invasion of Rosario, which disrupted the Corporate troops' supply line, the most powerful Argentine Warlord would not have seen another year. But there still is some good news, a popular revolt in Santa Rosa was efficiently crushed by private security personnel on new year's eve, and the median profit growth of Board companies was 7% during the year.

The Syndicalists successfully brought the revolution to Rosario and now threaten San Nicolas de Los Arroyos and from there it is only a short trip to Buenos Aires. Unlike the other powers, the Syndicalist offensive wasn't marred by a defeat elsewhere, revolutionary spirits haven't been so high since the liberation of the workers of El Chaco.

The Great Warlords, El Cordobés and Dionisio are relieved by the arrival of the hottest summer in recorded history, it is unlikely that another offensive will occur before autumn, they barely survived the year. The smaller warlords on the northwest and north are unbothered, their fiefdoms are in no more danger than they've always been in, on the contrary those closest to the Great Warlords hope for their downfall, that way they won't be forced to pay any more tributes.

The Northern National Government continues to see economic growth, boasting the highest standard of living in Argentina. The current administration shies away from carrying out offensives, with absolute control of the rivers with their brown-water navy, good relations with their neighbours, and their people happy, they argue that every day they grow stronger as their enemies grow weaker. However, the old guard who secured the current borders by blood sweat and tears clamour for a renewed offensive and spit on the administration's caution as cowardice. It's been five years since the Northern National Government took any offensive military action. Tensions are rising within the Northern National Government, and tempers are running short.

The people living under the Chilean Military Occupation don't complain much, mostly because they can't if they are keen on keeping bullets out of the back of their heads.

I do wish that guy was a member of this site. I would have looked forward to seeing a possible sequel or thread based on it, with the Thames reaching the Rhine. And while I do feel some things are strange, them having the British keeping Dover presumably is meant as some reference to Gibraltar or Calais. Which one will depend upon if the French managed to overtake it or not. And to imagine, a UK with Ireland and Scotland flooded with Englishmen or for it to basically become a Greater Scotland... Yah, I can defiantly see Napoleon trying to freeze the land borders as they are, to prevent England getting too large. Shame they didn’t rename Fort Pitt to Fort Fox. Maybe some non-politically minded cartographer thought it referred to a hole. And it is only know that I realize this series of maps took place over less than a month. Not counting February.

them having the British keeping Dover presumably is meant as some reference to Gibraltar or Calais.

I mean, it didn't seem to me like the last map showed a peace settlement but the state of the battlelines at the time.

So Dover isn't a Calais/Gibraltar, but like a Courland Pocket.

ANGLO-BRYTHONIC ISLANDS.png

221 years after the Tripartite Indenture of 1405

EDITED TO INCLUDE MY REPLY TO @Analytical Engine

The Tripartite Indenture was the planned division of England and Wales made by the rebels against Henry IV. HERE
Since then things have not gone well for the Norman Kingdoms. The Saxon culture made a comeback, changed but more Saxon than Norman, and the language shifted more towards the Saxon, I therefore used more Saxon spelling than modern English for the place-names.

The North under Henry Percy proved to be very unstable and soon fell into civil war which Glendower and Mortimer both took advantage of. Glendower cunningly let the Norman Aristocracy have the "honour" of leading the charge, reserving his native and Saxon forces for mopping up. If Percy or Mortimer could have taken advantage of the decrease in numbers of the Nobility [as in France during the 100YW] they may have been able to stabilize and centralize their Kingdoms. As it was, people began to seek out leaders in their own society. Many of the new leaders were Norman but many more were local Saxon leaders.

The Kingdom of West Seaxna, despite the name, considered themselves to be the "True" Norman Nobility and broke away from the increasingly Saxon Engleland which only just managed to survive war against Weallas.
Percy's Kingdom evolved [or devolved depending on your point of view] into Northan Humbra and, in alliance with Weallas was able to annexe Lothian.

Cut off from re-enforcements the Hiberno-Norman Lords of Ireland either accepted Wellas over lordship or became more Irish then the Irish.

Last edited:
Those borders...I have...questions.

Why has Catalonia-Valencia been annexed by Andorra?
Why is the Austrian-Italian border like that?
And...what's up with Lichtenstein?

- Why Romania has divided with such way?
- How did Serbia annex whole Bosnia-Herzegovina? And didn't annex Montenegro?

Clones' rights in Europe, 2123.
rtrl827.png
I love how wacky alt history stuff like "Lichtenstein-Yamato", big Andorra, Bosnian Serbia and "Fusr Lietuva" are just casually there with zero explanation, allowing the reader to draw their own conclusions to how in the world it happened. The overt subject matter is also intriguing if disturbing in it's implications. Great job!