Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
F7GkqQA.png

A quick map update for my TL- The House of Komnenos: Like a Phoenix From the Ashes. This is a map of Central Europe depicting events occurring concurrently with the Second Komnenian Restoration during the Anarchy of the 13th Century. With the death of Emperor Heinrich VI, The Empire has entered the reigns of his younger brother Philip I of Swabia. Philip however had to contend with the historic rivals of his family: the House of Welf. Duke Otto of Saxony has contested his title and had even had himself crowned by the Archbishop of Cologne in Aachen. However due to Philip's swift political maneuvering, he was largely able to secure German support among the German Princes.

While not the Holy Roman Emperor officially, Philip is in de-facto control of the Empire in the name of his nephew the young King of Sicily: Frederick "the Stupor Mundi." While things look good for Philip, he has various crises to deal with as his rival while largely contained in the Duchy of Saxony (Braunschweig/Brunswick), he is not yet beaten, to the North the Danish King Valedmar II has taken the opportunity to conquer the Northern Coast of Germany allowing to become master of the Baltic, and in the South the Pope has managed to gain control of central Italy while also tacitly supporting a revolt among the so called Tuscan League.

After a bit of a long and unplanned hiatus, I plan on resuming my tl. I have another map of the East which I'll also publish soon once I finish it.

As for Sardinia, it was loosely under Imperial Control as part of the Judicate of Sardinia. Sicily is also somewhat under the Imperial sphere as King Frederick is Philip's assumed heir.​

We did win a war… And we paid for the land we took. Better than most.

A war that we purposefully provoked Mexico into after annexing land that was part of Mexico until a minority of Americans, many of whom settled the area illegally, decided to unilaterally declare themselves independent without any sort of legal or democratic standing, with the intent of stealing even MORE of their land.

Conquest is NEVER acceptable.

View attachment 676748
I don't know if it is a shitpost, just a work in progress, or what I'm gonna do with this.
But behold. Thrace, but the place names are Francified. Subdivisions to match my border pool.
Someone came with a good name for this abomination.
Thrance.

VT-BAM+SUCK.

List of place names / Francified names :

Kavala / Cavalaire-sur-Thrace
Komotini / Komosyne
Alexandroupolis / Dédagie (via Dedeagis)
Gelibolu / Belleville-sur-Marmara (via Kallipolis)
Edirne / Adrienville (via Andrinopolis)
Kirklareli / Sarande-les-Eglises (via Saránda Eklisiés)
Tekirdag / Rhédeste (via Rhaidestos)
Marmara Eregli / Périnthe (via Perinthos)
Istanbul / Constantinville (via Constantinopolis)
Kardzhali / Kardchalie
Burgas / Pyrgos
Jambol / Janville
Haskovo / Marche-Hasko (from the old name Marsa)
Stara Zagora / Béroé (from old name)
Plovdiv / Philippeville-sur-l'Hèbre (from Philippopolis, and the Maritsa, aka the Evros or Hèbre)
This map could fit a surviving Latin Empire, though it might just be me.

A war that we purposefully provoked Mexico into after annexing land that was part of Mexico until a minority of Americans, many of whom settled the area illegally, decided to unilaterally declare themselves independent without any sort of legal or democratic standing, with the intent of stealing even MORE of their land.

" Provoking other countries into war using illegal settlers to do so in order to seize territory? Sounds like a splendid idea. Thank you very much for telling me this."

Attachments

• E40cm5FWUAUiQvb.jpeg
    E40cm5FWUAUiQvb.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 192

From what I remember, the Americans were let in by the Mexicans (at least at the beginning). Hardly anyone lived there at the time, so losing that territory didn't really impact Mexico at all (beside making a bunch of nationalists very bitter).

Heck, one could even argue that annexing all of Mexico might have even worked out (for one, it would make it harder for politicians to ignore Hispanic interests). Maybe such a large minority population would have forced the US to confront racism/slavery earlier. (For the record: I have no opinion on whether this would have been a good idea.)

Guys, guys, gals (if any): let's not get this thread closed down, OK? (And yes, I know I started it: I shall keep my mouth closed till page 500)

Guys, guys, gals (if any): let's not get this thread closed down, OK? (And yes, I know I started it: I shall keep my mouth closed till page 500)
Is AH really that much of a dude thing? Forget pizza, bring into surviving Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth TLs is the new "not like other girls" trait!

Chola Never Fall Indian Subcontinent Map.png

In a bid to return this thread to its rightful topic, I will share an (old) map from a WIP (many convergent borders to be ironed out, though less than there were when I made this) which I threw together to keep the names straight for the map I'd been working on and probably will never finish. Feel free to ask questions I suppose.

Is AH really that much of a dude thing? Forget pizza, bring into surviving Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth TLs is the new "not like other girls" trait!

Well, my general impression was that the AH.com commentariat skews male, and that an argument about the righteousness of the US's military conquests (sorry! :coldsweat: )would trend even more heavily male, but I may be ill informed.

View attachment 676801
In a bid to return this thread to its rightful topic, I will share an (old) map from a WIP (many convergent borders to be ironed out, though less than there were when I made this) which I threw together to keep the names straight for the map I'd been working on and probably will never finish. Feel free to ask questions I suppose.
What's the principal POD? How'd Srivijaya expand so much? A bit confused, who owns Taiwan and Hainan there? (I assume a Chinese exile state? Or is that the Portuguese?)

Status
Not open for further replies.