Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another WIP for yet another Cover map. This one being of a TL 191 version of TNO. Specifically, this is a WorldA cover of a map made by Rolan1880 on the TNO subreddit. Original Link Here:
View attachment 626431

Just for fun:
The Second Great War ended with supreme victory for the Confederate States of America. The United States has been shattered between doznes of Warlords on one half, and weak Confederate puppets on the other. In Europe, the British and French fell before the might of the German Empire, but thanks to the industrial planning of (Insert Russian industrial planner here), the Tsar was able to industrialize his country earlier and put up a far better fight against the Kaiser, resulting in a humiliating surrender on the Eastern Front and seeing much of Germanies eastern colonies ceded to Russian control.

On the other side of the Atlantic, the Confederacy is the greatest power. Equipped with Superbombs and having reshaped the continent in the image of the Freedom Party, the Confederacy seems like a potential superpower from the outside. But in reality, the Confederacy is on the brink of collapse. Only a decade after the Second Great War, a massive financial crash hit the CS. Emboldened by this, the US Military launched a major offensive with the goal of pushing the South back to Richmond, almost reaching Detroit. While the offensive failed, the fact that the CS military struggled to hold onto the Northern states resulted in the Freedom Party Guard launching a coup. The vast majority of the FPG have gone rogue and formed the Knights of the Golden Circle, who have been given their own state in the form of the Jerseyan Legionary state, taking territory from the already small rump US in the process, from which they plan to extend their vision of the white race to the rest of the world (What is going on in the shadow state, you may ask? FUHGEDDABOUTIT). Meanwhile, Featherston himself has become ill, and various factions have arisen with the hopes of taking over, in the form of the Reformer George Wallace with the backing of the Whigs, The Militarist Don Partridge, the Conservative Saul Goldman with the backing of the Stalwarts, and lastly Jefferson Pinkard, with the backing of the Freedom Party Guards.

Elsewhere, the entente cordiale has collapsed. Confederate activities in the Caribbean have alienated Featherston's allies to the south, with Mexico, Gran Colombia, and the new Central American Union forming a Triumvirate to resist Confederate activities, starting a "great game" in the region. Elsewhere, German-dominated Europe and Tsarist Russia are also armed with Superbombs, and the slightest trip could lead to nuclear annihilation.
Zombie Sherman's Great Trial when?

tEhDgax.png
This is a really nice-looking map! Judging by the lack of a southern US and the fact that states have apparently already left the Union ITTL, is this a scenario where states are free to leave the US whenever they want?

This is a really nice-looking map! Judging by the lack of a southern US and the fact that states have apparently already left the Union ITTL, is this a scenario where states are free to leave the US whenever they want?
In theory, it’s about as difficult as leaving the European Union. In practice, since there’s already precedent for it, it’s at least a little bit easier.

Methinks we need another
I'm really not sure we do, but here you go...

A WIP (nearly done) of a WW1 version of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy. Inspired by earlier in the thread when Unkown00 did a Man in the High Castle type thing for WW1. @Unkown00 If this bothers you just tell me and I will willingly remove it.

Woodrow Wilson decides not to disarm America, and the British work harder at industrializing their dominions. The Central Powers are crushed, even after China and Italy and Mexico make the mistake of joining the Central Powers to stop the Franco-Russo-Anglo-American-Japanese bloc from becoming to powerful but the Quintuple Entente had already become to strong to stop.
The Grasshopper lies heavy.png

A WIP (nearly done) of a WW1 version of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy. Inspired by earlier in the thread when Unkown00 did a Man in the High Castle type thing for WW1. @Unkown00 If this bothers you just tell me and I will willingly remove it.

Woodrow Wilson decides not to disarm America, and the British work harder at industrializing their dominions. The Central Powers are crushed, even after China and Italy and Mexico make the mistake of joining the Central Powers to stop the Franco-Russo-Anglo-American-Japanese bloc from becoming to powerful but the Quintuple Entente had already become to strong to stop.View attachment 626441
Keep it, It's a great map. Can't wait to see it!

Possibly a future OTL map, if the Walloons and the Flemish continue feuding...
GDP of $253 dollars? Either you're missing a word there or the dollar is a remarkably sound currency in this TL.
Oops ... I forgot the "B", it's true, sorry ... Corrected... ;)

Last edited:

Woodrow Wilson decides not to disarm America, and the British work harder at industrializing their dominions. The Central Powers are crushed, even after China and Italy and Mexico make the mistake of joining the Central Powers to stop the Franco-Russo-Anglo-American-Japanese bloc from becoming to powerful but the Quintuple Entente had already become to strong to stop.View attachment 626441
Huh. I feel there would still be dominion color colors outlining the dominions. And that the British wouldn’t have black national borders separating Wales, Scotland, and Devonshire from England. Or for the British or Canadians to keep some of the Caribbean islands or Belize. Or for Armenia to be its own country. I suppose a lot of comes down to what happened in the two decades before this map. I just honestly don’t see Wilson, or a fair few of his successors, wanting so many people of non-Western-or-Northern-European stock in their country, especially if it wasn’t profitable. This is for one of those books within a book that had lots of space filling empires though, so I suppose it fits the mood. Might want to go something about the Canton region though, as I feel the Americans and British would prefer that valuable market to not be directly under the French. Not sure if the Americans would be upset if the French took Liberia politically, but economically at least they might be fine with the rubber of Borneo replacing that from Liberia.

View attachment 626359
since I'm still working on the actual map, here's a language map of europe.
I very much look forward to seeing what happens with the state comprised of Slovenia, the Soviet occupation zone of Austria, plus most of Hungary. Oooh, and a few flecks of English in Normandy, green of some sort in the Canaries, what appears to be a forceful attempt to keep. Parisian French out of much of France, a speck in Sinai I am assuming to be Greek for a monastery... Does Danzig have its own language (guessing Kashubian) here or is that Lithuanian? And is the area nearby flecked with yellow and blue showing Yiddish or Masurian? I have to say, the map makes a good appetizer.

Last edited:
I put together this map of RAF airfields and ROTOR bases circa 1962. Can someone check and verify that it's all correct?
fSm9r4s.jpg

1613745287261.png
A map I made for my chronology The Sun of Rocroi- A better Grand Condé. The map dating from the years 1650-1660.
It shows the Stadtholdership of the Netherlands, a monarchy led by William II of Orange and tending towards absolutism, as well as the secularised Duchy of Münster, ruled by the Wittelsbachs of the Palatinate, who were driven out of their lands during the Twenty-five Years' War.
I didn't publish it in my chronology because it didn't bring anything more, so I share it with you here.

Last edited:
My Worlda cover of @AP246 's TWR scenario, mod to be precise.

Style was very much inspired by MrImperatorRoma's Worlda maps.

Oh, and also i decided to include the new stuff from the upcoming Russia rework update because why not?
TWR.png

Last edited:

I came for WW1 alternates,I stayed for the Brazilian Empire. Nice work !

Status
Not open for further replies.