Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
9D6628AE-4D49-4CB4-8793-570DF06F6566-463-00000059013B0EEE_tmp.png

Cross posted from my Gothic Empire timeline, which I've exited my hiatus from.

Can be read here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/a-gothic-empire.411687/

Another WIP. Unlike many of the others I've posted, it has a decent chance of me finishing at the end of the month.

Go ahead, guess the PoD.
JPjMYWn.png

Independent Kaliningrad. :3

To be fair, I am running a TL on that premise, with the same naming conventions, so it's not too hard to guess for me.

Currently in progress. Captain Confederacy is taking shape! The US civil war ended very differently. The First Great War between Russia/France and Germany ended in disaster allowing Germany to dominate the European Continent. In the East Britain and Nippon would go toe to toe, the latter driving the Europeans out of Asia forever. Today the world is divided as The Empire of Nippon stares off against the German led Berlin Pact; nuclear missiles and bombers ready to take off at a moments notice should the other blink.

2ekswsh.jpg

Currently in progress. Captain Confederacy is taking shape! The US civil war ended very differently. The First Great War between Russia/France and Germany ended in disaster allowing Germany to dominate the European Continent. In the East Britain and Nippon would go toe to toe, the latter driving the Europeans out of Asia forever. Today the world is divided as The Empire of Nippon stares off against the German led Berlin Pact; nuclear missiles and bombers ready to take off at a moments notice should the other blink.

2ekswsh.jpg
Plus: German Kaiserreich wins and makes EU
Great Plus: Austria still exists
Plus: Nihon stronk
SOOPER-GIGANTO-MINUS: Japan and Germany are in a Cold War!?

View attachment 315329

Cross posted from my Gothic Empire timeline, which I've exited my hiatus from.

Can be read here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/a-gothic-empire.411687/

Looking nice: what's the year?

That's a pretty darn big empire the Xionites have. I have trouble seeing it lasting: nobody OTL managed to unify both North India and the Iranian lands, which are geographically fairly distinct. Plus there's the "tails wagging dogs" issue. I'd expect to eventually see a split between the Xionites in India and those to the west.

Plus: German Kaiserreich wins and makes EU
Great Plus: Austria still exists
Plus: Nihon stronk
SOOPER-GIGANTO-MINUS: Japan and Germany are in a Cold War!?

Pretty much, Japan trounced Russians in an alt Russo-Japanese war, they then took the Philippines from Spain. There was no British involvement in WWI in this TL due to altered relations between France and the UK, but Japan independently aligned itself with the French to snatch up all of Germany's possessions in China. Germany, exhausted after defeating (in order) Russia, France and Italy (the latter of which are now National Populist aka Fascist) was unable to challenge the Japanese immediately and Japan's confidence bloomed from there. The Pacific War in the 1940's was a war of conquest plain and simple, the Royal navy was destroyed in Singapore and the Sandwich Islands were conquered. The Dutch were swiftly driven from Indonesia and India collapsed into Civil War with Japanese meddling. Nihon now possesses the worlds most advanced Navy and actually takes its "Asia for the Asians" sentiment a bit more seriously (hence the new name) as ruling over almost a billion subjects in really difficult if you keep murdering people and taking shit. They are authoritarian, but think modern PRC rather than OTL Japan.

Germany meanwhile was nothing short of horrified at the prospect of the these "uppity yellow monkeys" defeating good honest Europeans. Britain has actually thrown its lot in behind Germany after the Pacific War and are a much needed (if troublesome) ally to Berlin (think France to the US in the OTL Cold War). The Germans of course got to the bomb first, but have never had the chance to use it in anger and The Empire of Nihon was not far behind. The Danube Federation meanwhile is Germany's "special friend" (Think Britain to the USA in OTL Cold War) but has undergone a REALLY liberal streak that vexes the very traditional/conservative sensibilities of the Kaiserreich. But yes, the two blocs are in a Cold War which is sadly defined by race rather than ideology which is a big thing in this universe.

Last edited:
Pretty much, Japan trounced Russians in an alt Russo-Japanese war, they then took the Philippines from Spain. There was no British involvement in WWI in this TL due to altered relations between France and the UK, but Japan independently aligned itself with the French to snatch up all of Germany's possessions in China. Germany, exhausted after defeating (in order) Russia, France and Italy (the latter of which are now National Populist aka Fascist) was unable to challenge the Japanese immediately and Japan's confidence bloomed from there. The Pacific War in the 1940's was a war of conquest plain and simple, the Royal navy was destroyed in Singapore and the Sandwich Islands were conquered. The Dutch were swiftly driven from Indonesia and India collapsed into Civil War with Japanese meddling. Nihon now possesses the worlds most advanced Navy and actually takes its "Asia for the Asians" sentiment a bit more seriously (hence the new name) as ruling over almost a billion subjects in really difficult if you keep murdering people and taking shit. They are authoritarian, but think modern PRC rather than OTL Japan.

Germany meanwhile was nothing short of horrified at the prospect of the these "uppity yellow monkeys" defeating good honest Europeans. Britain has actually thrown its lot in behind Germany after the Pacific War and are a much needed (if troublesome) ally to Berlin (think France to the US in the OTL Cold War). The Germans of course got to the bomb first, but have never had the chance to use it in anger and The Empire of Nihon was not far behind. The Danube Federation meanwhile is Germany's "special friend" (Think Britain to the USA in OTL Cold War) but has undergone a REALLY liberal streak that vexes the very traditional/conservative sensibilities of the Kaiserreich. But yes, the two blocs are in a Cold War which is sadly defined by race rather than ideology which is a big thing in this universe.
Well at least in my tl Japan and Germany live happily together as the German-Japanese Double Monarchy :biggrin:XD

Looking nice: what's the year?

That's a pretty darn big empire the Xionites have. I have trouble seeing it lasting: nobody OTL managed to unify both North India and the Iranian lands, which are geographically fairly distinct. Plus there's the "tails wagging dogs" issue. I'd expect to eventually see a split between the Xionites in India and those to the west.

Year is 550. And shhh. Your ruining the story! But yeah, it's probably going to split upon the death of the current ruler.

The assassination attempt in Sarajevo failed. The World War still began, but a little differently and in the 16th year, Austria-Hungary under the leadership of Emperor Franz Ferdinand I announced the withdrawal from the war. The Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye of 1918 confirmed the new borders. Franz Ferdinand was determined to implement his plans for the federalization of the empire, albeit in a truncated form.
1938.png

As a result of the Anschluss in several stages, part of the lands of the empire turned out to be included directly in the 3rd Reich (including as the Danube march), others transformed into protectorates of the Hungarian Crown and of Bohemia and Moravia. Emperor Charles I fled first to Switzerland, then to Washington.
1942.png

In 1946, as a result of the Restoration, the Austrian Federation (Österreichisches Bundesstaat) was proclaimed. AF is a neutral federal state with its capital in Pressburg and a constitutional monarchy, Franz Joseph (Otto) II returned from the United States and became emperor. Since 1995 member of the European Union.
1952.png

The assassination attempt in Sarajevo failed. The World War still began, but a little differently and in the 16th year, Austria-Hungary under the leadership of Emperor Franz Ferdinand I announced the withdrawal from the war. The Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye of 1918 confirmed the new borders. Franz Ferdinand was determined to implement his plans for the federalization of the empire, albeit in a truncated form.
View attachment 315393
As a result of the Anschluss in several stages, part of the lands of the empire turned out to be included directly in the 3rd Reich (including as the Danube march), others transformed into protectorates of the Hungarian Crown and of Bohemia and Moravia. Emperor Charles I fled first to Switzerland, then to Washington.
View attachment 315394
In 1946, as a result of the Restoration, the Austrian Federation (Österreichisches Bundesstaat) was proclaimed. AF is a neutral federal state with its capital in Pressburg and a constitutional monarchy, Franz Joseph (Otto) II returned from the United States and became emperor. Since 1995 member of the European Union.
View attachment 315396
Austria-Hungary still existing after ww2, Owns South Tyrol and Böhmen and Austria can into coast. What could even be done better in this map? Oh right, Vienna. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.