Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't buy the peace treaty including the neonazis rather than finishing them off. It's not like they have any friends.
But you’re fine with the communists getting the same treatment?
The rest is interesting though.
Texas has a larger national guard than Mexico’s military. I’m pretty sure it won’t be losing territory to them.

What communists? Are you just reacting to what I said or to what is in the maps? I don't see any communist surviving with a state.

But no, I'm not okay with that. Nazis are genocidal and should be dealt with, not left with their own state to genocide people in it. Communists can be judged on what they're currently doing because the ideology itself doesn't advocate for genocide.

What communists? Are you just reacting to what I said or to what is in the maps? I don't see any communist surviving with a state.

But no, I'm not okay with that. Nazis are genocidal and should be dealt with, not left with their own state to genocide people in it. Communists can be judged on what they're currently doing because the ideology itself doesn't advocate for genocide.

West Virginia isn’t recognised, and Idaho has nukes, and I think it’s fair to recognise a state that has nukes since they will have some political weight in the continent....

Deleted member 123260

I also really don't buy the anticapitalist terrorism. The left knows it doesn't work since... Before the Russian civil war? I think it's more likely the neonazis would do it.

That depends on what you consider terrorism since many leftist groups have their own guerilla groups and local militias and, in the past, assassinated many prominent industrialists. You could call that terrorism since it's "violence for political gain".

Texas has a larger national guard than Mexico’s military. I’m pretty sure it won’t be losing territory to them.

Social democracy is communism, but we’re getting off track here.

Might want to reread Engels. Anyway, this is the map thread. I should have just PM’d.

What? No, it isn't. This is agreed upon by both Marxists and actual Social Dems.

That depends on what you consider terrorism since many leftist groups have their own guerilla groups and local militias and, in the past, assassinated many prominent industrialists. You could call that terrorism since it's "violence for political gain".

I come for the maps.
I stay for the ma--

Nope.

Deleted member 67076

Here's a map that wasn't supposed to be nearly as complicated as it ended up being (actually, it wasn't even supposed to be a map originally, just a brief writeup) that I put together based on some musings on how I personally think a modern Second American Civil War would go.
>BostonGov
>SacramentoGov
>Republic of Texas
>Scattered Nazis Remnants

Did you take influence from Mattystereo's An American War on Deviantart? I've been noticing a lot of Second American Civil War Scenarios have lately.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

Social democracy is communism, but we’re getting off track here.

Might want to reread Engels. Anyway, this is the map thread. I should have just PM’d.

So, just to be clear, you're not likening Maoists or whatever to neo-Nazis, you're likening social democrats to neo-Nazis?

What? No, it isn't. This is agreed upon by both Marxists and actual Social Dems.
You need to keep political arguments in Chat.

If you want to carry this on, do it there. Next post that carries on this debate after this is, at minimum, a week in the penalty box.

No More Eagles

Here's a map that wasn't supposed to be nearly as complicated as it ended up being (actually, it wasn't even supposed to be a map originally, just a brief writeup) that I put together based on some musings on how I personally think a modern Second American Civil War would go. I'm purposely keeping it vague as to what the PoD is or when the war would start because I don't want to start a current politics shitstorm, but I imagined it breaking out at some point in the 2010s (probably not after a contested presidential election, though, since I feel like that's been overdone- I was contemplating having it start after a contested midterm election goes horribly wrong, since I don't think that's been done before) and starting after some extremist terrorist cell does something stupid and throws the country into chaos. Beyond that, go ahead and imagine whatever seems most plausible to you.

Pretty much everything is described in the map itself, so I'm not going to drag this description out any longer than necessary. Feel free to ask questions about anything I didn't cover.

View attachment 512331
Why wouldn't Boston-Sacramento just roll over the rest of the country? A series of enclaves in the heart of the country and religious extremists and NeoNazis is serious egg on the face, especially if they're allowed to be nuclear armed. Further, what did the US based around the world do? Hawaii? Puerto Rico? Guam and other American territories?

Why wouldn't Boston-Sacramento just roll over the rest of the country? A series of enclaves in the heart of the country and religious extremists and NeoNazis is serious egg on the face, especially if they're allowed to be nuclear armed.

My guess is the war wariness though it might be that either the US is waiting for Round 2 or for the others to collapse on themselves like in Texas.

Skallagrim

Banned
Why wouldn't Boston-Sacramento just roll over the rest of the country? A series of enclaves in the heart of the country and religious extremists and NeoNazis is serious egg on the face, especially if they're allowed to be nuclear armed. Further, what did the US based around the world do? Hawaii? Puerto Rico? Guam and other American territories?

That bold but is why. Someone typically isn't "allowed" to have nukes. You just don't always control whether they have them or not, and if they do have them... well, then "just rolling over them" might involve millions of your own people getting killed. Much better to isolate the loonies and hope they collapse due to mis-management.

As for the non-insane lesser states: well, maybe it's just the decent thing to do, you know, to respect their desire to remain independent? (More cynically: the re-unified USA is evidently a progressive country that actively suppresses conservatism, while most of the other successors tend to be more conservative states. If you absorb them, you get a lot of people who vehemently disagree with you inside your country. You'll have to either stop banning political parties to allow for genuine political diversity, or you'll have to face permanent IRA-like unrest... or you have to be a totalitarian police state. None of those would be appealing to the people in charge of the Boston-Sacramento regime.)

That bold but is why. Someone typically isn't "allowed" to have nukes. You just don't always control whether they have them or not, and if they do have them... well, then "just rolling over them" might involve millions of your own people getting killed. Much better to isolate the loonies and hope they collapse due to mis-management.

I'd more question how these Nazis are able to gain control not only of nuclear weapons but also the infrastructure to operate them effectively.

SpudNutimus

Banned
The United Provinces of China in 1918 A.D. for the timeline Boll Weevil Blues.

After the Fuzhou Revolution of 1897, what was once a mere exile group of revolutionaries known as the Chuchengtang (from 主政黨, meaning Principle Party) became the ruling party of the entire former domain of the Qing Dynasty (excluding the new kingdoms of Mongolia, Altishar, and Tibet, who had slipped through the fingers of Han rule during the revolution), and their great ambitions were ready to become reality. While the leaders of the military were ambitious, they dared not to entertain the grandiose imperial ambitions of certain voices, and stepped aside to make way for the revolutionaries, seeing them as a more reliable paycheck than the Qing before. While the revolutionaries seemed ready to begin their endless agenda, they knew to tread lightly near the toes of tigers. Most local military cliques were allowed to keep hold of their provinces, so long as they paid their taxes and sent troops for the army. The United Provinces of China was born as a corrupt yet stable federal republic. In 1914, at the height of the Conflagration, the Liberationist Powers of Russia, France, and the United States offered the U.P.C. an offer they could not refuse: the return of the concessions in exchange for war against Britain and Portugal. By the end of 1915 the imperialists of Britain and Portugal had made peace, and China had retaken her coastal ports. However, like Britain, the world is badly bruised, and as the various cliques of the republic eye each other up, the leader of the United Provinces grows ill, the rival empires of Korea and Japan grow closer by the month, and the global economy seems ever more fragile, China is at a precipice, and 1919 will likely be an eventful year for the lands of the Far East.

unitedprovincesofchina.png

Alternate UK. Apologies if it has been done before.
EDIT: Result of an alternate timeline, where the London based Palace & Parliament moves to Dublin following the 1916 Proclamation of the British Republic.
MxGQFrrI-JNhuqLJdbEpjehhHhLR9RSTDbk_HSQPR7U.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.