Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
WI: France becomes the dominant North American power and leaves behind a US analogue?

A: Something akin to this. US east coast drawn with OTL states because why not? date is 1825, 10 years after independence.

Just out of curiosity, is there a finished version of the WorldA physical basemap? If so, could someone lead me to it (no, its not on the wiki)

I'm almost positive there isn't. However, whoever wants to complete it just needs to spend an hour or three pixeling over this http://imgur.com/QfOzJQA,rWQnAly to complete Canada. I initially made it for the QBAM topo but it should work equally well here. just scale it down and paint away. Although, the level of geographic abstraction was basically absent, so good luck with trying to figure out what to put for the more complicatedly shaded regions.

EDIT: This only works if the two projects use the exact same binning of elevations. Either they don't or whoever did Quebec messed up.

Dirk

Banned
Another WiP. Everything goes wrong with WWI.

>Germany won
>buff Hungary
>Croatia and Serbia fighting
>independent Padus Valley
>Bulgaria has Aegean access
>France doesn't exist
>dirty communists look as though they might actually lose
>GB owns even more of the Middle East
>China falling apart
>US dominates the Caribbean
>Quebec growing the balls to assert itself

Did you perhaps mean "Everything goes right with WWII"?

>Germany won
>buff Hungary
>France doesn't exist
>China falling apart

> makes greentext
> uses neon green instead of regular green
> is scrub

CannedTech

Banned
>Germany won
>buff Hungary
>France doesn't exist
>China falling apart

Dunno' about the losing communists part, looks like the Soviets are right on target, not to mention the reds in France and Italy.

> makes greentext
> is scrub

Confusingly enough, it does seem that the green he is using is the standard 4chan greentext color.

Dirk

Banned
> makes greentext
> is scrub

Amirite though? Sweet world.

Also ditto on CannedTech.

Dunno' about the losing communists part, looks like the Soviets are right on target, not to mention the reds in France and Italy.

Confusingly enough, it does seem that the green he is using is the standard 4chan greentext color.

Damn opportunists. Well, the damn bastards probably wouldn't have control over parts of Germany if Germany wins the war. But the French were always susceptible.

CannedTech

Banned
Damn opportunists. Well, the damn bastards probably wouldn't have control over parts of Germany if Germany wins the war. But the French were always susceptible.

>Implying the workers revolution won't swallow Europe whatever the outcome ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

:p

WI: France becomes the dominant North American power and leaves behind a US analogue?

'Tis interesting, I've had a similar idea (as a side result, the idea was France just developing differently in general), though no time to do it; what's the big polity comprising most of the rest of the continent?

I like that about half of what's being commented on is parts of the map I haven't touched yet.

That's why I always use blanks for WiPs and not pre-existing maps. Makes people not assume that the changes you have yet to make are part of the final product.

I made a map of what lock's America from that MotF from a bit ago might look like. Texas was admitted into the Union, with its claims fully acknowledged. This US had some bigger issues around logistics and was unable to take California, but increasing numbers of settlers moved that into its sphere in time. Oregon was annexed into the US, and the land divided between the New England states. When California was annexed, it was divided between the southern states (along with New Hampshire). It was believed this would lead to a continued balance between slave states and free states (note that Texas is a slave state, while when the State of Deseret was admitted, it agreed to be a free state), the Californian exclaves abolished slavery early in their existence, and by 1868, the rising population of the West began to upset the balance of power as previously 'solid slave' states became New Hampshire style 'half slave' states, allowing slavery to be quietly abolished nation wide.

strangeamericamap.png

Just something I made to kill time. Probably ASB, but oh well.

The year is 2028. It has been one year since an increasingly senile and dictitorial Putin launched everything in the Russian arsenal rather than relinquish power in the face of domestic unrest. North America is one of the lucky continents.

Nuke map II, with snark..png

I made a map of what lock's America from that MotF from a bit ago might look like. Texas was admitted into the Union, with its claims fully acknowledged. This US had some bigger issues around logistics and was unable to take California, but increasing numbers of settlers moved that into its sphere in time. Oregon was annexed into the US, and the land divided between the New England states. When California was annexed, it was divided between the southern states (along with New Hampshire). It was believed this would lead to a continued balance between slave states and free states (note that Texas is a slave state, while when the State of Deseret was admitted, it agreed to be a free state), the Californian exclaves abolished slavery early in their existence, and by 1868, the rising population of the West began to upset the balance of power as previously 'solid slave' states became New Hampshire style 'half slave' states, allowing slavery to be quietly abolished nation wide.

Ooh, me likey! I think I requested a worlda copy in the Request thread so this makes me seriously happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.