Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the map.

WesternRump2.png

The World of Yankeedom (Mega New England) Expect a keyed and notated version within the fortnight.

I like this idea, but I'd like to make a few suggestions re: America, if you are open to them.

1. I'm sorry, but that *West Texas is way too big for it's britches; I would cut it off at the Rio Grande, and spin the rest off into another state or a territory.

2. The north central U.S. would look rather better if either the *Iron Range was spun off from *Wisconsin, or if the Panhandle of Michigan joined *Wisconsin, or if it was all one thing.

3. Why is Idaho independent? It's not much of a viable state, TBH, apart from potatoes and some mining in the north.

Also, elsewhere:

1. Why is Venetia still Austrian? :(:(

2. Why does the Ottoman Empire have Algiers and Tunisia? This is a little much, to be honest. I would divvy that up between France and/or Italy to make it more even.

3. What's with Japan? Not sure I can make sense of this, TBH.

4. Might want to size Chile down a bit(and give Misiones back to Argentina).

5. Is that a U.S. *Mauritania I see? That, to be honest, makes no sense whatsoever.

I shall take this moment to clarify this is based off of a Victoria 2 Multiplayer (I was New England and the other was USA->CSA.)

The Louisiana color is a nice change. Im interested by the danish colony in Indonesia?

Thanks, I wanted to be a little original with Louisiana. And it's essentially lucky years for Denmark allowing it to pursue it's dreams of playing with the big boys of Europe.

This looks fantastic, and I see America trying to claim the Red River Valley. Go, America!

I shall take this moment to clarify this is based off of a Victoria 2 Multiplayer (I was New England and the other was USA->CSA.)

If Kansas, Nebraska, Montana, and at least plains-area Colorado and Wyoming joined Mega New England, you could toss Idaho and Washington to Oregon for a Cascadia. Give mountain-area CO/WY to Deseret, while the *CSA takes over New Mexico Territory, and you'd have a very plausible multi-nation North America.

How did Russia even get Anatolia? I mean in the map you made Russia not only ate Anatolia, but also the rump Georgia and Azerbaijan too! Russia has zero claims to the region and with the fact there are 0 slavs in the Roman Empire at this point in time they can't even use their usual flimsy excuse of "Protecting Russians in danger!".

I get there would be attempts at regaining lands by many nations, but you can't just up and annex vast swathes of land nowadays for a reason. Besides with the fact that the Empires lands is full of pagans who share nothing in terms of culture or religion with their conquerors, things would get ugly fast. I feel especially bad for any pagans near Islamic states, Islam has a terrible track record with non-monotheistic peoples.

...Azerbaijan went with Iran.

Remember what Romans do that shall never be accepted in current time? Slave, Crucify and many other things. They are just jumping on bandwagon.

They are all trying to "civilize" Rome. Do Russian even care considering Rome is "uncivilized" that other countries like Germany and Hungary have annexed part of Rome and the World economy is...mess

Status
Not open for further replies.