Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Italy and the other Romance speaking countries of western Europe form a block?
What's the difference between Russian puppet states and those with a darker color? (I am assuming the lighter color for Mongolia, central Asian Khanates, means "protectorate with distinctly limited autonomy" judging from OTL)
How far back does this TL diverge from ours?

Bruce

The POD is Napoleon (it's always Napoleon).

The Russian colours indicate varying degrees of autonomy.

Italy basically built a Latin bloc by being well placed in the Med, putting huge pressure on Papacy and playing into some anti-Germanism. I figure they used to be allies and cooperated in the division of Switzerland and taking down France together, but then Italy went its own way rather than living in Germany's shadow.

Last edited:

Dorozhand

Banned
Just for fun, a massive Greece-wank with a colonial empire.

Colonies include:

Greek Tripolitania
Greek Cyrene
Greek Eritrea
Greek Afar
Protectorate of Yemen
Greek Niger Delta
Greek Gold Coast
Greek Kongo (Empire of Kongo)
Greek Mombasa
Greek Khmer and Champa
Greek Celebes
Greek Nicobar Islands
Agios Bartholomaios Island
Greek Concession in Tianjin

Greek Empire.png

Greek Empire.png

Last edited:
Ah, more large-scale ethnic cleansing of Turks. Whoo.

The POD is Napoleon (it's always Napoleon).

The man who launched a billion butterflies.

The Russian colours indicate varying degrees of autonomy.

So the dark colors have more autonomy? (It's just a bit odd for me, since I usually expect to see colors in a spectrum with "tightest control" at one end and "loosest" at the other, whether going from light to dark or the other way: it's confusing to see the "Russia proper" color in the middle. )

What are things like for dark-skinned folks in Rhodesia, Kenya, and South Africa?

Is the year "now"?

You make some good maps: keep it up!

Bruce

Just for fun, a massive Greece-wank with a colonial empire.

Colonies include:

Greek Tripolitania
Greek Cyrene
Greek Eritrea
Greek Afar
Protectorate of Yemen
Greek Niger Delta
Greek Gold Coast
Greek Kongo (Empire of Kongo)
Greek Mombasa
Greek Khmer and Champa
Greek Celebes
Greek Nicobar Islands
Agios Bartholomaios Island
Greek Concession in Tianjin
0/10 hasn't reclaimed Anatolia.

Ah, more large-scale ethnic cleansing of Turks. Whoo.

The man who launched a billion butterflies.

So the dark colors have more autonomy? (It's just a bit odd for me, since I usually expect to see colors in a spectrum with "tightest control" at one end and "loosest" at the other, whether going from light to dark or the other way: it's confusing to see the "Russia proper" color in the middle. )

What are things like for dark-skinned folks in Rhodesia, Kenya, and South Africa?

Is the year "now"?

You make some good maps: keep it up!

Bruce

South Africa got a lot more white emigrants compared to OTL so apartheid never really took off there. Rhodesia and Kenya got a lot more as well which put them in a solid minority of residents. There are no doubt problems in both countries, but they're much better off than OTL both because of a semi-personal relationship with the UK and because the USA isn't nearly as racist as OTL (because African Americans were given a lot of land and positions of power after the 2nd American Civil War due to their support of the military... being about the only ones who went out of their way to protect them).

Australia is probably the greatest achievement as far as race relations are concerned though. The addition of New Zealand and Fiji from inception meant that there was a huge amount of lobbying done on behalf of the Australian aborigines and the 'white Australia' policy never really became as prominent.

The Russian colours don't make a whole lot of sense to me, but those are the colours in the OTL map thread so I just rolled with them.

I'm not sold on Canadian New England, at first it was going to be just upstate New York, but it doesn't make much sense to grab part of one state when the whole region is probably scared shitless about the endless purges and executions that follow ideological civil wars.

The Second Freeze

Sequel to the map I posted a few days ago. I only described the more prominent nations this time around, as doing all of them would've taken a long time :p Comments and criticisms appreciated!

The Second Freeze.png

Why do Indonesia even need ethnic cleanising to annex Malaysia? Considering Indonesia has a big population of Malay in Sumatra and Kalimantan.

Fun Fact Thailand's five southern provinces is majority Malay

Why do Indonesia even need ethnic cleanising to annex Malaysia? Considering Indonesia has a big population of Malay in Sumatra and Kalimantan.

Fun Fact Thailand's five southern provinces is majority Malay

I should have put that differently now that I think about it..... :eek: I meant that they would kill the local population and "promote" their own population to move there.

I should have put that differently now that I think about it..... :eek: I meant that they would kill the local population and "promote" their own population to move there.

There's no good reason why they would kill Population of Malaysia. Unless it's Musso like people that wanted to eliminate religion is in power compared to Tan Malaka like people that wanted to blend Religion and Communism. I see no reason to do it.

Probably been asked a thousand times, but out of curiosity what templates do you guys use for your custom MSPaint maps?

This one for blank map i.imgur.com/WymvdKp.png

What happen to the US? And Russia?

Why did Ukraine not what to be it's own nation?

The U.S.A. had already been on the road to complete totalitarianism since before this world's Cold War turned hot, and after the war the government decided to go ahead and become officially totalitarian. Russia was partitioned after the war. Most of European Russia became the Russian Republic, while the Asian part became a puppet of the WWU, essentially just used for natural resources.

Ukraine had long been a part of and integrated into Russian culture. They were treated as equals (as most larger ethnic groups had been). They had little reason to secede as they were quite happy living in Russia.

The U.S.A. had already been on the road to complete totalitarianism since before this world's Cold War turned hot, and after the war the government decided to go ahead and become officially totalitarian. Russia was partitioned after the war. Most of European Russia became the Russian Republic, while the Asian part became a puppet of the WWU, essentially just used for natural resources.

Ukraine had long been a part of and integrated into Russian culture. They were treated as equals (as most larger ethnic groups had been). They had little reason to secede as they were quite happy living in Russia.

...Which one got bad treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.