Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does there need to be a WW1? It's evidently butterflied away...

Mhh i rechecked the map and you are right, it's evidently 1920. Maybe the mentioned Franco-Prussian war is this TLs WW1 (i assumed it was similar to OTL).

I just thought with no major change in Europe (besides France never selling Louisiana - btw did they lose it to revolution like Great Britain losing the US?), there might be war looming. And as Iserlohn stated, there is probably bound to be one (weapon's race in Europe, nationalism and such), until such a thing like European Unity comes around when there comes the Red Threat (assuming Russia is just as fucked in this TL (maybe not as much, since there is Russian Alaska still) and commies take over).

As i said, this could be a very interesting world.

What is the POD?

Essentially it is the Hoare-Laval Pact of December 1935, in which Britain tolerated further annexiations by Italy in Ethiopia. Thus Anglo-Italian relationship thus remains pretty good, leading to Mussolini not having to allign with Hitler's Germany and thus allowing Italy to remain neutral during WW2 until shortly before the end where it jumps in on the Axis. A two-and-a-half-way Cold War ensues in post-war Europe.

Highlander

Banned
Well, that was my estimate at least - I always like to try to estimate alternate populations, but am usually wildly wrong. I would gladly accept others take on it.

@Lonestarr - keep in mind that the PoD for this is towards the very end of the eighteenth century, so things may be very different in Europe. As I see it, the relations in North America are tenuous at best. Here is a brief explanation.

The easy answer is that no one is really friends in North America for the time being. The closest nations are Louisiana and Cuba, where the latter helped the former massively in their war of independence from Spain and building a government from the ground up afterword.

The alliances as they are now are:

"Little" or Western Entente
Louisiana
Cuba
Orientania and Ouregon (depending on your viewpoint)
UCAR (is sometimes included in this, although they are fairly isolationist except regionally and only join as a counterbalance to Mexico)

"Big" or Eastern Entente
France and her Domains
Other European states I haven't work out yet

The Great Alliance, or just Alliance
Britain
Canada
The Maritime Union
Occasionally Mexico
Possibly a German state or two

Cordial Alliance of North American Nations (CANAN)
(Created after the last devastating war in North America, it is the continents take on a weak UN. Every independent nation is a member; the Maritime Union is the newest, while Ouragon and Orientania are represented as non-voting members)

What makes the alliances here complicated is the Ouregon issue where just about everyone is an enemy of everyone else (except for possibly Mexico, who just want Spanish speaking territories near their borders).

What is the POD?

Also, is that german partition just another variant, and what status does it have in the world? is it a "Stalin Noten"-Neutral (judging from the thicker blue border around France and Benelux)?

Also a general question to others, why is it that the SU would occupy and/or annex Hokkaido in some ATLs? Out of convenience because of Proximity?

Since it is now time for me to write my novella (summer project), here is a slightly reworked version of the map of my "Fascist Italy Survives" world in which my novella "Red Alps" (working title) will take place. If there are any questions, go ahead and ask!

That Soviet Union is a beast. :eek:

On a related note, the USSR annexed Tannu Tavu shortly near the end of WW2 IOTL. Why are Chinese lines still around it?

Take note of the two Canadian "Districts" and a province of Louisiana; also, the place is a huge draw for people from the Francophone world.

Even today, from some rough calculations, the Louisiana purchase area has less than 40 million people, and much of the area is semi-arid and subject to drought, as shown by the dust bowl. Even with it's current population, technologically advanced farming techniques, and the lessons of the dust bowl, the Great Plains are running out of water. I'm not an expert on this, but 83 million people in turn-of-the-century Louisiana seems like it could be bad. And Francophone Europe wasn't a big source of emigrants, at least in OTL.

Also, is that german partition just another variant, and what status does it have in the world? is it a "Stalin Noten"-Neutral (judging from the thicker blue border around France and Benelux)?

Also a general question to others, why is it that the SU would occupy and/or annex Hokkaido in some ATLs? Out of convenience because of Proximity?

Germany was partitioned simply to stop the combined power of Germany to ever pop up again. North Germany is Finlandized, South Germany (a monarchy by the way) is part of the NATO-equivalent however. North Germany is somewhat left-ish (SPD kind of left), but West oriented.

The thicker blue border is the one by the European Economic Union.

Regarding Hokkaido, my grain of salt there is: If you want the Soviets to occupy Japan you need Hokkaido because of the proximity, everything else is more important but harder to get (getting over to Honshu...)

That Soviet Union is a beast. :eek:

On a related note, the USSR annexed Tannu Tavu shortly near the end of WW2 IOTL. Why are Chinese lines still around it?

It is, that is why I like it ;). And well, the Chinese government is a bit crazy... I mean they also claim the Jewish Autonomous Oblast and the Ryukyus.

Mhh i rechecked the map and you are right, it's evidently 1920. Maybe the mentioned Franco-Prussian war is this TLs WW1 (i assumed it was similar to OTL).

I just thought with no major change in Europe (besides France never selling Louisiana - btw did they lose it to revolution like Great Britain losing the US?), there might be war looming. And as Iserlohn stated, there is probably bound to be one (weapon's race in Europe, nationalism and such), until such a thing like European Unity comes around when there comes the Red Threat (assuming Russia is just as fucked in this TL (maybe not as much, since there is Russian Alaska still) and commies take over).

As i said, this could be a very interesting world.

I think you are confusing something... Where and when did I say that? I can't remember

Last edited:
Since it is now time for me to write my novella (summer project), here is a slightly reworked version of the map of my "Fascist Italy Survives" world in which my novella "Red Alps" (working title) will take place. If there are any questions, go ahead and ask!

•Surviving British Dominions
•A Franco-Commonwealth dealy in West Africa
•Enlarged South Africa
•Dominion of East Africa
•Communist Israel
•United Middle East
•Divided India with/without British Dominions
•Soviet West China/Mongolia
•Divided China
•Divided Japan

Okay, I officially love you now.

I have an issue that you made Bhutan part of British India.

For Life, Joy, Empire and Victory
-The Bloody Thirties starts.
-The Kingdom of Canada declares war on the Republic of Quebec.
-The Brazilian Empire surrenders to the Reds. The Emperor is executed publicly. The Free State of Brazil is proclaimed.
-The Red Rebellion in Africa shrinks more, as Nigeria has received Dominion status to help the reconquest.
-On the other side, the Venezolan Red Rebellion in Gran Colombia grows. Predictors say that South America will become a Red Continent by the end of the 1930s.
-The Cantons Finest is awarded "Best Alcohol" at the Alcohol Awards. It is now sold in the Italian Kingdom.
-The Dominion of Egypt undergoes a republican revolution and becomes the Egyptian Republic. the UK is angry at this, but is not expected to declare war, because the new nationalist government, led by Lewis Hill, is upgrading their army for a war against France.
-The Danubian Civil War happens, as the Emperor, Ferdinand I of Danubia, dies of old age. Republicans find support mostly in Hungary.
- Agatha Christie is writing a book called "When the Bell Tolls" showing what would happen if America has not united after the Revolution.
-Some drunk prospectors had a joke played on them by some children. This later grew in a report of undead people. Despite the fictious past, this helps to create the "undead genre".

Beautiful.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.