Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentia

Banned
I grouped them together because I thought that would even out the populations of the two areas, and because I personally think it looks better that way. Then again, they might be culturally different, so if it's that big a deal, I'll change it.

But New Englanders are jealous of the superiority and awesomeness of New York City, while New Yorkers have no need for New Englanders. The only thing we have in common is that New England and New York both shit blue in the national elections.

Hey, I think you can just sig that right away. After all, people here do steal each other's comments for their sigs at a rate that makes Mexico City look like a haven of peace and prosperity. It's an integral part of forum culture.

Yeah, as long as its not a particularly assholish statement on my part, feel free anytime.

Bruce

Yeah, as long as its not a particularly assholish statement on my part, feel free anytime.

Bruce

Well, your statement is wrong because the Athabaskans dont live in Quebec.

Sorry for the dickish nitpicking. I don't normally do it, but I couldn't stop myself this time :(.

Mathuen

Banned
But New Englanders are jealous of the superiority and awesomeness of New York City, while New Yorkers have no need for New Englanders. The only thing we have in common is that New England and New York both shit blue in the national elections.

Meh, I always liked Boston more... besides you guys are too close to Jersey for my tastes (no offense to the people of Jersey, please don't kill me!).

:p

latest version of my UEG map, and this one's numbered! :D

i still need names for the ones that dont have them (theyve been left blank) and suggestions for final names on the ones that have multiple ones. for the record, ive currently decided on canaan as the name for the levantine province simply because i didnt want to take up alot of space with the four possible names i have for it

united earth government numbered.png

Mathuen

Banned
Gah... I made a joke map to go with my post but Oshron's nice world map was posted first! :mad::D;) I like the fact that it has the names of the regions/districts posted now. Good job! Maybe you could call South America-1 Greater Columbia or maybe Col-Ven and Africa-14 Tanganyika (after the lake to the southeast of it) along with Africa-17 being Victoria (after the lake in the middle of it).

As to you Laurentia (props for being named after a no longer existent continent) I will now show you the FUTURE! :p:D

Do not deny it!!!

na.png

Last edited:
Asia's 29 could be called East Siberia, East Russia, or it could be named after a native ethnic group there. (My computer is being rather slow right now, though, so I can't look it up for you. Try searching for "Demographics of Russia" on the Genocide.)

North America's 4 could be called Superior, after the Great Lake. Or Hudson, after the bay.

As for North America's 14, is there a reason you're not using "Florida"? It seems like a rather obvious name to me.

1 could be called Gran Colombia, or just Colombia.

i still need names for the ones that dont have them (theyve been left blank) and suggestions for final names on the ones that have multiple ones. for the record, ive currently decided on canaan as the name for the levantine province simply because i didnt want to take up alot of space with the four possible names i have for it
Levant is more neutral than Canaan

Asia's 29 could be called East Siberia, East Russia, or it could be named after a native ethnic group there. (My computer is being rather slow right now, though, so I can't look it up for you. Try searching for "Demographics of Russia" on the Genocide.)

North America's 4 could be called Superior, after the Great Lake. Or Hudson, after the bay.

As for North America's 14, is there a reason you're not using "Florida"? It seems like a rather obvious name to me.

1 could be called Gran Colombia, or just Colombia.
nah, i want to try to avoid using directional names as much as possible; thats part of why i merged alot of places that are just "north" and "south" whatever into single provinces. naming it after an ethnic group is a good idea, though. the canada suggestion, im not too sure about. mathuen is dead-on about georgia-florida
Levant is more neutral than Canaan
but canaan is also a just a historical name for the levant
That didn't stop him with "Scandinavia", which doesn't include Denmark but does include Latvia...
actually, its fennoscandia, after a part of the baltic shield which includes the scandinavian peninsula, as well as kola, karelia, and finland, but not denmark. i included the baltics there because they didnt really fit anywhere else. denmark is part of germania because it was historically considered part of the region by the romans

I'd suggest Victoria for Africa 17 and Yakutskia for Asia 29.

How about 'Atlanta' for that Georgia-Florida one, and as for Asia 29 I would recommend 'Dalnivostok' - a bit wordy (means 'Far East'), but its what Russians actually call the region.

And I would say that since oshron is going for cultural, not geographical descriptions, and Levant is geographical and Canaan refers to Phoenician culture (therefore neutral in the present Arab-Israeli conflict), Canaan would be the most appropriate name.

South America 1 could be (Gran) Colombia, and I like Tanganyika and Victoria for the missing African names. After the largest lakes in the provinces, I would suggest 'Winnipeg' and 'Nicaragua' for North America 4 and 26, respectively.

nah, i want to try to avoid using directional names as much as possible; thats part of why i merged alot of places that are just "north" and "south" whatever into single provinces. naming it after an ethnic group is a good idea, though. the canada suggestion, im not too sure about. mathuen is dead-on about georgia-florida

but canaan is also a just a historical name for the levant

actually, its fennoscandia, after a part of the baltic shield which includes the scandinavian peninsula, as well as kola, karelia, and finland, but not denmark. i included the baltics there because they didnt really fit anywhere else. denmark is part of germania because it was historically considered part of the region by the romans

So were Sweden and Norway.

hm. but there's ocean in the way :D

suggestions noted. any suggestions for east africa other than victoria? i want to have some more options as well

hm. but there's ocean in the way :D

suggestions noted. any suggestions for east africa other than victoria? i want to have some more options as well

Greater [whichever East African nation you think has the best name]?

Oh, and for the Russian Far East, how about Yakutistan?

Krall

Banned
Greater [whichever East African nation you think has the best name]?

Oh, and for the Russian Far East, how about Yakutistan?

I think roughly half of the Yakut people are over the border in Siberia province, as is the city of Yakutsk, I think. Just calling it the Far East or East Siberia would be best, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.