Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 2002 edition of the Encyclopedia of Stateless Nations, the author defines a stateless nation as a group that self identifies as a distinctive group, displaying outward trappings of a national identity (especially, but not always, a flag) and the formation of political pressure groups for great autonomy. It has within the United States: New Englanders, Texans, Southerners, Californians, Mormons, at least five American Indian nations, Alaskans and Cajuns.

In the 2002 edition of the Encyclopedia of Stateless Nations, the author defines a stateless nation as a group that self identifies as a distinctive group, displaying outward trappings of a national identity (especially, but not always, a flag) and the formation of political pressure groups for great autonomy. It has within the United States: New Englanders, Texans, Southerners, Californians, Mormons, at least five American Indian nations, Alaskans and Cajuns.

Lacks Hawaiians.

Interesting idea (especially the Breton Empire in NA; I'm assuming successful Irish colonization ca. 6th century?) but something is...wrong...with South America.

Huh? It's from a strategy game, Europa Universalis 3.

I as Bretagne sent many colonists to the American east coast starting 1456, moved my capital to Connecticut so I could colonize faster in about 1467, sold the original Breton lands, and continued to colonize until 1525 or so, when all my provinces were fully colonized. Ah, gotta love the "send 400 colonists per colonization attempt" option. Now I am the richest nation in the world :p.

The other nations were controlled by the AI. The most powerful nations are in the key and are easily visible on the map. I faded the smaller nations to put attention on the major ones.

About South America... are you talking about the geography of it? If you think South America is bad... look at Alaska.

Lacks Hawaiians.

we always get ignored. :(

Continuing in my line of maps for Brittania Ascendant, the 50 states of the United States of America.

Following the loss of Maine, the Oregon territory and its surrounding in the North American War in the first half of the 19th century American
attitudes began to change, this America, while not being an outright Imperial country, would not simply let territory go as easily as OTL.

The Baja peninsula was 'bought' from Mexico at around the same time as the Gadsden Purchase.

Dominica, more properly Dominica & Haiti, was obtained in two parts;
The first was the Dominican Republic, which applied for annexation and was accepted, quickly becoming a state.
The second was Haiti, which following a major revolt was occupied by the U.S. after the fighting spilled over the border, eventually it would
vote to join as part of the state of 'Dominica & Haiti'.

Cuba, Puerto Rico and the Philippines were all obtained in the Spanish-American War.

The Antilles were obtained in two ways;
Martinique and Guadeloupe were obtained as reparation from France, who'd been allied with the Spanish.
Dominica was purchased from the United Kingdom a few years after the purchase of the Danish Virgin Islands.

Taiwan, the youngest of the states (1970) was ceded to the U.S. by China following the 'Harmonious War' (ATL Boxer Rebellion).
Nice to see the Philippines and Taiwan as US states.:) It's very rare to see that.

Janurary 1944.
-General advance in New Guinea.
-The USN launches Operation Mulberry Bush, a full scale invasion of Truk, bypassing the Marshalls and Gilberts. An armada including 12 carriers and 14 battleships, including all 4 Montanas. The Japanese garrison fleet in Truk was annihilated, but not before sinking a pair of destroyers and a lone cruiser. It was a gruling land fight, but the Japanese were all but wiped out by Jan. 24.
-Japanese send small fleets to fortify the Marianas and the East Indies.
-Work on rebuilding Truk as a USN forward base begins. Preparations for Operation Round Hammer begin.

1944-01.PNG

Liking the series, but a quick question - wouldn't Australia go back to just Allied coloring instead of Allied occupied since they are a member?

Yeah, probably. :eek: I'm using the color to show the extend of Japanese advance and to mark the reconquest.

Huh? It's from a strategy game, Europa Universalis 3.

I as Bretagne sent many colonists to the American east coast starting 1456, moved my capital to Connecticut so I could colonize faster in about 1467, sold the original Breton lands, and continued to colonize until 1525 or so, when all my provinces were fully colonized. Ah, gotta love the "send 400 colonists per colonization attempt" option. Now I am the richest nation in the world :p.

The other nations were controlled by the AI. The most powerful nations are in the key and are easily visible on the map. I faded the smaller nations to put attention on the major ones.

Oh, OK, I guess I didn't get the acronym or something; I'm not a gamer.

About South America... are you talking about the geography of it? If you think South America is bad... look at Alaska.

Yes, I was talking about the geography. The eastern coast is extremely pointy.

JJohnson

Banned
Here's a map of an AH Risk that was first inspired by my decision that historical borders of North America would be much better than the North America in Risk. No clue if this balances gameplay-wise, and it probably doesn't, but oh well. If anyone wants to try this out for a game, be my guest. Although you'll have to create your own continent values.

Terra Australis, 7
New Holland, New Zeeland, Moluccas, Java, Sumatra, Borneo, Philippines

Asia, 14
Malacca, Ceylon, Burma, India, China, Formosa, Manchuria, Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Chukotka, Siberia, Ural, Turkestan

Middle East, 8
Baluchistan, Persia, Arabia, Egypt, Crimea, Levant, Babylonia, Anatolia

Europe, 13
Balkans, Italy, Austria-Hungary, Ukraine, Poland-Lithuania, Muscovy, Scandinavia, Germany, Low Countries, France, Iberia, Britain, Iceland

Africa, 11
Tripoli, Morocco, Algeria, Songhai, Guinea, Nigeria, Abyssinia, Congo, South Africa, Zanj, Madagascar

South America, 6
Brazil, Peru, Guiana, Colombia, Argentina, Falklands

North America, 13
Caribbean, Mesoamerica, Mexico, California, Texas, Confederacy, United States, Louisiana, Oregon, Alyeska, Rupert's Land, Canada, Greenland

Hmmm....very interesting. I was considering something moderately similar to that. Do you think you might be able to alter that map just a bit?

My AH RISK:

North America
Republic of Texas, Nuevo Mexico, California, Oregon Country/British Columbia, Alaska, Northern Territories (Yukon, NW Territory, Nunavut), Middle Canada (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba), Ontario, Quebec, Maritimes (Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Newfoundland/Labrador), Eastern US (original 13 colonies), Florida, Southern Territory (Tennessee southward), Northwest Territory (Michigan, Wisconson, etc.), Louisiana Territory, Mexico, Rio Grande, Greenland.
Central America - one territory
South America
-Argentina (Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia), Brazil, Colombia (Peru, Colombia, Venezuela), Guyana (French, Suriname, and Guiana)
Australasia - same as regular RISK
Europe/Asia
-United Kingdom, France, Spain/Portugal, Italy, Benelux, Holy Roman Empire/Germany, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Scandinavia, Iceland, Byzantium, Poland/Lithuania, Ukraine, Russia, Krasnoyarsk, Sakha, Yamalia, China, Mongolia, Tibet, Japan, Korea, India, Persia
Africa
-British South Africa, mostly South Africa, Southwest Africa, Egypt, East Africa, SW Africa, and North Africa

there would be colored outlines of the Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, USSR, USA, British Empire, French Empire, and you get bonuses for holding those territories like you do for holding continents.

Ironic they don't control Taiwan.

That would'nt be interesting though, no the future needs to be more confusing.

What we need is a Republic of China (North China), Republic of China (Taiwan), People's Republic of China and a Democratic People's Republic of China. :D

Susano

Banned
That would'nt be interesting though, no the future needs to be more confusing.

What we need is a Republic of China (North China), Republic of China (Taiwan), People's Republic of China and a Democratic People's Republic of China. :D

Dont forget a Chinese Fedreation trying to unite the South Chine non-Mandarin-but-Han parts of the country :p

Status
Not open for further replies.