Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same project as the Africa map and Über-Canada map a few pages back (Britannia Ascendant).

A map of Asia in 1910, three years after the end of the 'Harmony War' (ATL Boxer Rebellion) and the partition of China.

The Dowager Empress Cixi ITTL, while living a similar life to OTL, is a very different person, having supported Reforms from the get-go.
When the Harmonious Rebellion began the Conservative factions demanded that she declare war on the Western powers, however she
refused to do so, leading to a coup, with her being placed under house arrest, though she would later make a dramatic escape to the
British Embassy.
At the end of the war, with the coup members publically executed and parts of China officially annexed to the Six-Nation Alliance,
Cixi reclaimed her position of power, and, with the (military) support of Britain introduced a Constitution, establishing a Constitutional
Monarchy with herself as Empress.

BA Asia 1910.png

I don't think "dominion" is really appropriate in the Tibetan context, especially when you have the un-Dominionated Raj just to the south ready to harbour resentment. How about making it a protectorate, which would have the same level of autonomy?

That's an awesome map SRegan, though I think you should have taken the text opacity down to about 70%, and the Antarctic pie divisions are wrong for that map projection - its cylindrical whilst your lines are for something like a pseudocylindrical or equal area projection.

I don't think "dominion" is really appropriate in the Tibetan context, especially when you have the un-Dominionated Raj just to the south ready to harbour resentment. How about making it a protectorate, which would have the same level of autonomy?

I knew I forgot to mention something.

The term Dominion does'nt mean the same thing as IOTL.
ITTL a Dominion is a country that's independent, but is in a Suzerain relationship with Britain.

Their are no Dominions in the way we think of them yet.

Last edited:
From the same project as the Africa map and Über-Canada map a few pages back (Britannia Ascendant).

A map of Asia in 1910, three years after the end of the 'Harmony War' (ATL Boxer Rebellion) and the partition of China.

The Dowager Empress Cixi ITTL, while living a similar life to OTL, is a very different person, having supported Reforms from the get-go.
When the Harmonious Rebellion began the Conservative factions demanded that she declare war on the Western powers, however she
refused to do so, leading to a coup, with her being placed under house arrest, though she would later make a dramatic escape to the
British Embassy.
At the end of the war, with the coup members publically executed and parts of China officially annexed to the Six-Nation Alliance,
Cixi reclaimed her position of power, and, with the (military) support of Britain introduced a Constitution, establishing a Constitutional
Monarchy with herself as Empress.

Good map. But how did the Portuguese gain the entirety of Timor?

SRegan,
Totally awesome killer map.:cool: Just one nit though, the claims lines you have drawn over Antarctica should be straight lines, the north-south running lines should be vertical, and the east-west running lines should be horizontal straight lines on that map projection. The way you have them drawn ruins what should be a major awesome map, just my two cents as an experienced cartographer. BTW, I love the use of a satellite image of the world for a base map, as well as showing internal divisions, albiet unlabelled.:cool:

That's an awesome map SRegan, though I think you should have taken the text opacity down to about 70%, and the Antarctic pie divisions are wrong for that map projection - its cylindrical whilst your lines are for something like a pseudocylindrical or equal area projection.

Thanks - I'm a bit annoyed about the Antarctica thing, as I'd specifically chosen that map projection to facilitate latitudinal/longitudinal borders. When it came time to do the Antarctic claims, though, I just repeated the technique I used before without remembering that the bottom edge of the map was the stretched South Pole. As for the text, I tried upping the translucency, but it ended up blending too easily into the darker nation shades.

Cornwall does not equal Devon. Just so were clear, and you aren't forewarned about the horde of angry British members about to descend. Very nice map though. Pretty.

It is a map from the MC3. It is the United Kingdom of Scotland and Ireland.
Scotland and Ireland are the two dominant partners in the Kingdom.

Deleted member 4898

Cornwall does not equal Devon. Just so were clear, and you aren't forewarned about the horde of angry British members about to descend. Very nice map though. Pretty.
It's a deliberate mistake. In the Map Continuation 3 universe, it's intended to be an error present on a lot of maps of the British Isles, but, in reality, it's a nod to the infamous cliché of Ah.com.

May 1943.
-Attu finally fell to the American on May 14. The Japanese relief force took a beating, but retreated to Japan, where another fleet was being prepared to take back Attu.
-Midway was liberated on May 21, with very little effort. The only real resistance came from ground-based bombers, and the F6s cleared them from the sky.
-Allied forces mass both forces and supplies at Auckland.
-Japanese in Truk prepare to strike at Fiji, and cut the supply lanes to Auckland.

1943-05.PNG

Vexacus

Banned
Here's my first attempt at a map:
Temp.jpg

The areas shaded two coloures are disputed land between the Republic of America and the Islamic States of America

June 1943
-The USN and Japanese fleets engage in an indecisive battle on June 10. Strategically it was an American victory since the Japanese fleet was battered enough and lost enough bombers that it returned to Truk.
-Japanese attempts to recapture Attu fail, with the loss of one Japanese BB and 2 C for Three American C.
-By the middle of 1943, 3 more Montana class dreadnaughts have come on line, and the US has invested enough in tech to produce an even newer class of Battleships, Cruisers and such. The Vallejo Class cruisers are designed and the first will be ready in six months. The USN also has an addition four G. Washington class carriers ready. The Iowas also start to come on line early.
-The Japanese still have resources and industrial might to produce ships to replace their losses. The Japanese cabinent keeps voting down my attempts to invest more in technology.

1943-06.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.